skilletfreak101
10-24-2006, 04:22 PM
So there's this really awesome political party called the Constitution Party and their beliefs are really grounded in the Bible. check it out (http://www.constitutionparty.com/)and let me know what you think:

pizza brain
10-24-2006, 07:14 PM
They strike me as legalists for some reason. :-\

Nedarbi
10-24-2006, 08:32 PM
well just from reading the short paragraph in the bottom right corner on the page, i have to say that it doesn't seam bad. i like that they are more about the constitution and obviously its good that they are biblical. but i dont think that they will get elected because the majority of the population of the USA will find it hard to trust a party so bound by religion.

but i am in canada so this all has nothing to do with me. i'll just stick with my far more intellectual and more advances form of politics up north here.;)

terrasin
10-25-2006, 04:11 AM
I don't see this becoming a big thing. It screams church vs state and the majority of voters in the US want nothing to do with religion in politics. :\

CJ

somasoul
10-25-2006, 05:33 AM
I was a member of the COnstitution Party for some time. I know MIchael Peroutka who ran for president in the '04 election, against Bush and Kerry. Peroutka is, or was, also the head of the Maryland state party chapter.

A couple years ago I attended their monthly meeting. One thing that was discussed was that they would only nominate Christian canidates. This, I think, makes a party unviable. If you wanted to be conservative-libertarians, you may have viability. And for all of Michael's "preaching" about ethics and honesty, when Ron Smith (Radio Talk show host) interviewed him he asked "So the COnstitution Party is a religious party, right?" And Michael said something akin to: "No, no, no! Not at all. We welcome all sorts of people. We are conservative but not necessarily religious." And I'm thinking: "Hey, dude, I just sat in your monthly with you and heard you say again and again how you'd only nominate Christian canidates. And now you're backing off that or you're lying." And the man lost credibility with me.

If the party wanted to be pro-religion and nominate jewish, muslim, christian canidate's with the promise of preserving of religious freedom, they might be able to elect canidates. But the Constitution party, for all their good will, is unviable.

Starbucks5721
10-25-2006, 07:37 AM
I think it sounds like a good idea maybe in theory, but I read through about 3/4 of their platforms, and, while most are biblically based, and derived from the Constitution, I'm not too sure about things like abolishing outright several government agencies like the Department of Education and Foreign Aid. That seems a bit radical to do. I could maybe understand if they wanted to gradually phase out aspects and things, but these departments have been around long enough to be actually needed for things to function. You can't just all of a sudden up and abolish policies that have been in place for years and have it be effective.

dawn of light
10-25-2006, 08:00 AM
Wow, no foreign trade agreements (there goes all America's natural resources that come from Canada), no foreign aid, no involvment with United Nations, etc.

Sounds like they want a "land of the selfish and home of the legalistic".

No more FDA? Don't they know that one of the leading causes of death in America is properly prescibed prescription drugs?

We support a debt free, interest free money system.
Good luck. Are they trying to re make the whole economy?

Oh gosh, I don't even know what to say.

unshakeable15
10-25-2006, 01:02 PM
No more FDA? Don't they know that one of the leading causes of death in America is properly prescibed prescription drugs?
That would be exactly why they want to get rid of the FDA. ;)

skilletfreak101
10-26-2006, 04:09 PM
I don't see this becoming a big thing. It screams church vs state and the majority of voters in the US want nothing to do with religion in politics. :\

CJ
yeah that's true...i don't really see them getting into office any time soon...but it's a good way to vote if you want to vote for your beliefs.

terrasin
10-26-2006, 07:47 PM
I have to go with Somasoul on this one and in addition, while I'm sure that intentions might be right at the beginning, that quickly changes once office is taken.

CJ

Tromos
10-27-2006, 12:36 PM
No more FDA?

Yeah, they lost me right there too. As an employee for a medical device company that's highly scrutinized by the FDA I know what kind of worthless crap would be sold to the clueless masses if not for FDA oversight.

*shudder*

NightCrawler
10-27-2006, 02:08 PM
Vote Libertarian!

Garth
11-08-2006, 11:21 PM
I think we all know that Green is the only way to vote. ;D Who needs the Constitution when we can be saving the environment? Hehe.

Vuren
11-11-2006, 02:07 AM

CJ

but...we have our reasons...when religion and politics mix we get things like the vatican as it was 300+ years ago. that and other extremists who will not be named but like IED's(domestic and foriegn)