Crusader
10-31-2006, 05:49 PM
Hey i heard in an interveiw that one song didn't make the new record. Has anyone heard any news about it being released etc.?

DarkestRose
10-31-2006, 05:56 PM
There was the acoustic album too.

Paulishdog
10-31-2006, 07:33 PM
I hope one answer goes for both questions. It'd be cool if the 12th song is on the accustic album. Speaking of which, I remember hearing something about December. But maybe I dreamed it.

terrasin
10-31-2006, 07:52 PM
Last I heard, they didn't know what was going on with the 12th song or the acoustic songs at this point.

CJ

Crusader
11-01-2006, 06:20 PM
that sucks, i hope the 12th song a really good one

alienyouth9292
11-01-2006, 06:21 PM
what is this "acoustic album"?

terrasin
11-01-2006, 08:10 PM
Skillet recorded 4 acoustic songs after they finished the recording in Chicago.

CJ

neb0789
11-01-2006, 08:13 PM
can you perhaps tell us which ones those are? or is that confidential?

Paulishdog
11-01-2006, 08:52 PM
There are videos on YouTube of Skillet playing Rebirthing and Whispers in the Dark accustic... and I think Last Night as well. Those would be good bets for the accustic songs.

dawn of light
11-03-2006, 06:50 AM
I also found "the older i get" accoustic video on you tube.

breakthesilence
11-03-2006, 06:59 AM
i love skillet's acoustic songs cause they still rock so hard you can hardly call them acoustic...

Starbucks5721
11-03-2006, 07:05 AM
Korey did confirm that an acoustic cd was in the works at the Clearwater concert back in October.

Paulishdog
11-03-2006, 07:36 AM
We actually recorded acoustic versions of 5 songs from the new album. Unfortunately, I just don't know where you can find it right now. It may not be available yet. We did it in the studio a long time ago, but just not sure when it will be released. It's coming though!! We WILL let you know.

From their Myspace blog "headed home..." on October 11.

bubblesemm
01-09-2007, 07:53 AM
So,what's up with the c.d. that skillet was suppose to come out with of the accustic version of comatose?

terrasin
01-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Probably got axed like a lot of other things that were suppose to happen and didn't.

CJ

timmyrotter
01-09-2007, 02:04 PM
there is already a thread for this in the frying pan. and that is also where we talk about skillet. thanks

DarkestRose
01-09-2007, 03:30 PM
Probably got axed like a lot of other things that were suppose to happen and didn't.

CJ

So does that mean their is a chance that it might not happen at all?

Spiffles
01-09-2007, 05:10 PM
there is already a thread for this in the frying pan. and that is also where we talk about skillet. thanks

Easy up Tiger..

It's understandable that someone put something about Skillet (who are a band that plays music *gasp*) in the music section.

So,what's up with the c.d. that skillet was suppose to come out with of the accustic version of comatose?

maybe they are witing to see how the normal album does for a bit into the new year before they go ahead with other things? I dunno, just quessing really, lol :D

timmyrotter
01-09-2007, 05:38 PM
Easy up Tiger..

It's understandable that someone put something about Skillet (who are a band that plays music *gasp*) in the music section.

maybe they are witing to see how the normal album does for a bit into the new year before they go ahead with other things? I dunno, just quessing really, lol :D

i wasnt being condescending, i was pointing her in the right direction.

i bet they will release acoustic album later in the year.

Quadripedman
01-09-2007, 05:52 PM
ive never heard anything about an acoustic album, but if they have one, im getting asap.

Quadripedman
01-09-2007, 06:00 PM
w00t. i hope so.

korey_cooper_jr
01-09-2007, 06:09 PM
Has nayone heard any news on this acoustic album? I've been keeping an eye out for it, but no show.

terrasin
01-10-2007, 06:16 AM
So does that mean their is a chance that it might not happen at all?
*shrugs* It's happened before. (i.e. Smile Again/Comatose's extra song)

CJ

bubblesemm
01-10-2007, 07:03 AM
it's not in their online yet.

aliensoul_squire20
01-10-2007, 08:20 AM

CJ

NEver heard anything about that.

neb0789
01-10-2007, 04:13 PM
I haven't heard anything either

unshakeable15
01-12-2007, 01:41 PM

CJ
Don't you mean Collide's extra song? ;)

zeroneff
01-12-2007, 02:07 PM
It's another Collide

terrasin
01-12-2007, 02:44 PM
No, the 12th song that was suppose to be on Comatose when they went back into the studio. It was too late to make the cut though. I just put Comatose's extra song because I don't recall the name.

CJ

go_home_red
01-17-2007, 09:25 AM
I'm sure it's been brought up before, but does anyone know if Skillet is going to be releasing their acoustic recordings from Comatose?

DarkestRose
01-17-2007, 11:41 AM
I actually don't know if they are releasing it anymore. There has been no mention of it and it could be like the extra song that seems to have gone up in the air.

Quadripedman
01-17-2007, 01:39 PM
i hope they do :-\

timmyrotter
01-17-2007, 02:38 PM
there is like 10 threads of this now. lol

Maugrim
01-17-2007, 07:53 PM
What a downer if the EP has been abandoned or cancelled. And it came directly from the band that they were going to release it...ah well. Maybe in the future! Even so, I wish they wouldn't have hyped us so soon for no reason.

unshakeable15
01-18-2007, 03:38 PM
Oh, ok. i thought you were refering to Smile Again as Comatose's extra song. :P Mea cupla.

vothra13
01-18-2007, 03:39 PM
they had that dvd, remember? with the bible lesson thing and acoustic songs.

Bassplayer
01-21-2007, 01:19 PM
they really should release an acustic cd. and maybe do a remake cd of some of the older classics. or something, i missed getting the AY Limited Edition caz i didn't know about it, but i'd jump at the chance to get some more specials.

Lorirocks
01-21-2007, 10:09 PM
Maybe the acoustic stuff was there in case they'd sell any singles, as extra songs to go with them.
You know what I'd like them to release? That acoustic version of savior that was always played on the radio. I like that version better than the rock version.. when I'm in certain moods, lol.

Bassplayer
01-22-2007, 09:18 AM
yeah. it's not that i like it better, but it does sound awesome. i love the guitars in it, even though at first i was kinda offended that they had to soften their sound just so that the radio would play them. but oh well, it turned out to be good.

Lorirocks
01-22-2007, 01:22 PM
I like the snare drum in that track... it's got such a heavy sound. And the chorus is sung nicely.

timmyrotter
01-22-2007, 05:14 PM
yeah. it's not that i like it better, but it does sound awesome. i love the guitars in it, even though at first i was kinda offended that they had to soften their sound just so that the radio would play them. but oh well, it turned out to be good.

offended about the acoustic version of savior? if they softened thier sound to get on the radio, they would have recorded the original savior softer. so i dont see how they were selling out on that one. not if you want to make an arguement that Comatose is softer making it a sell out, that might work (not that there is anything wrong with that in this case, reaching a larger audience is what they needed to do.) but there is no arguement in acoustic version of savior, for one, its poorly done, and doesnt sound that great to begin whith. its just not quality, it was probably done on the fly when they found out that CHR stations wouldnt play it. which is funny because there is no other version of rebirthing made, and rebirthing is about the same hardness, and has done better than savior.

anyways that is the only reason, but its the only one needed. hope this brings some crarity.

Bassplayer
01-23-2007, 06:39 AM
i was just saying that at first i was a little upset that they had record a different version just so that the christian radio station would play them. i wasn't saying that the band actually softened their sound on that song or cd, it's the radio stations that ticked me off. but what i find odd is that they'll play "The Last Night" which is resonably close in hardness with just another flare as well as "Under My Skin" which, while not being a hard song, it's still the fact that they'll only play a selection of songs that fit their "ideal category." most of the stuff WAYFM plays all sounds the same. srry, i'm off on a tangent. lol

timmyrotter
01-23-2007, 08:03 AM
i was just saying that at first i was a little upset that they had record a different version just so that the christian radio station would play them. i wasn't saying that the band actually softened their sound on that song or cd, it's the radio stations that ticked me off. but what i find odd is that they'll play "The Last Night" which is resonably close in hardness with just another flare as well as "Under My Skin" which, while not being a hard song, it's still the fact that they'll only play a selection of songs that fit their "ideal category." most of the stuff WAYFM plays all sounds the same. srry, i'm off on a tangent. lol

its obvious they didnt soften their sound on collide. some CHR stations like air1 still played the original version of savior when they could. but the point is Savior was a hard Rock song. CHR isnt a hard rock format, and most christian stations are either AC or CHR which are both softer than a Rock format. so if a song has an alternative version to better fit a format, there is no fault in that.

Under my skin was a 4th single i beleive, it wasnt nearly as well done, or as catchy as The Last night, which is a follow up single to Rebirthing - skillets highest charting christian single, at least in awhile. Wayfm as far as i know, has never added a Skillet song before the Last Night. probably because it deals with cutting, i noticed they have Plumb-Cut on thier playlist as well.

sorry for being so critical. :)

Bassplayer
01-24-2007, 06:33 AM
lol, it's no prob. i am disappointed with wayfm though. i mean, i glad that their playing the Last Night, but they really could be playing Rebirthing or Whispers in the Dark. all three of the songs are great... i just wish they'd play them more. that's the only station here in TN that i can find that will play ANY skillet, and then they'll only occasionlly play the Last Night. it just gets alittle boring. (but i guess that's why God invented CD players in the car) lol

JohnnyRocker
01-27-2007, 02:41 PM
Two of the acoustic songs are supposed to be being released on iTunes soon along with a video montage to one of them... I don't know anything about if/when the 12th song will be released, but it's called "Live Free Or Let Me Die." It might actually be shortened to "Live Free" but I'm not sure about that either...

timmyrotter
01-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Jonny, you rock. i guess thats wherey ou get your screen name.

JohnnyRocker
01-27-2007, 03:25 PM
haha, thanks man...

korey_cooper_jr
01-28-2007, 05:03 AM
Two of the acoustic songs are supposed to be being released on iTunes soon along with a video montage to one of them... I don't know anything about if/when the 12th song will be released, but it's called "Live Free Or Let Me Die." It might actually be shortened to "Live Free" but I'm not sure about that either...

Wow, thanks for sharing this information!!! This is definitely exciting to hear!! :D ...or read...::]

Bassplayer
01-30-2007, 06:11 AM
awesome... you people in Kenosha always have the upper hand. lol. between you and Bobbi, idk who i get more info from. it's def. exciting.

Q MGR
02-06-2007, 08:11 PM
They were never meant to be for an "acoustic" album per say but for promotions/exclusives with retailers, etc.

Stay tuned for news on one of those exclusives shortly!! ;)

MAJTwister
02-08-2007, 06:03 PM
I got the email about the Skillet/Flyleaf tour, and it mentioned something about an EP available only on the road....Sure sounds like a good accoustic chance to me!

"Calling it the “Justice & Mercy Tour” holds special significance, since the band is teaming with World Vision to offer fans a limited-edition four song EP (available exclusively on the road) and a specially designed t-shirt"

Quadripedman
02-09-2007, 05:49 PM
sorry, but thats stupid. cause they arent touring (as far as i know) anywhere in my state. so like thats cheap...unless they put it on itunes. then ill be fine. :D

timmyrotter
02-09-2007, 10:28 PM
if someone get a bunch of copies of the EP and puts them on craigslist, i will buy one, for like 10-15$.

the rocker
02-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Someone should do that.

Paulishdog
02-10-2007, 11:35 AM
Yeah... what about those of us on the west coast? The tour isn't coming anywhere near us. It doesn't really seem fair that we'll have to pay over two hundred dollars on Ebay to get it...

Maugrim
02-10-2007, 02:28 PM
I second that. Skillet rarely ever comes near the west coast (not since 2002) and I'd like to get my hands on the EP.

JohnnyRocker
02-11-2007, 07:48 PM
The EP is not a Skillet EP, it's a Flyleaf EP.

timmyrotter
02-11-2007, 08:13 PM
thanks for the clarity

DarkestRose
02-11-2007, 08:52 PM
By the way, "Justice and Mercy" is a great song. You can hear it on this website www.flyleafonline.com because it has this radio on the side.

unshakeable15
02-14-2007, 04:48 PM
I second that. Skillet rarely ever comes near the west coast (not since 2002) and I'd like to get my hands on the EP.
That depends upon where you are refering to when you say "the west coast." i live in NorCal (which happens to be on the west coast) and i've seen them around 5 times since that date. Remember, "the west coast" is a rather large area which includes hot concert spots like LA, San Diego and San Francisco (though Skillet generally tailors to LA over the other two).

Maugrim
02-14-2007, 06:45 PM
I live on the Central Coast of California and they played about an hour away in Paso Robles in 2002. I was so angry I couldn't make it. They haven't been this close for 5 years...I'll just have to roadtrip it one day. :-) Maybe it's expensive to come to our area, I don't know.

unshakeable15
02-15-2007, 11:46 AM
See, there's your problem. Central Cali has nothing. ;)

You might have to make the Panhead trek and drive a couple hours north or (more likely) south.