love~addict
11-04-2006, 07:02 PM
can you please give me some verses you think may help me...i constantly find myself thinking that i am ugly and fat and just unloved and uncared for...just hating myself and i just feel like im worthless and i actaully took a test thing and it said that i am clinically depressed...idk anymore...ive let all those i guess lies take over in my mind and i just cant seem to believe ANY one at ALL...and i just need some pray but verses would help alot too i think.

love in Christ~aly
thnx

planet_kosmos
11-04-2006, 08:02 PM
Ecclesiastes 3:11
He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

Theres two. I'll try to pm you some more later.

DarkestRose
11-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Ephesians 2:10
For we are God’s masterpiece, He created us anew in Christ Jesus so that we could do the good things He planned for us long ago.

The keyword in this would be “masterpiece.” You are God’s art, God’s poetry, God’s musical masterpiece. You are one who God created as an expression of His glory, one who is set apart to do great things.

Psalm 31:30
Charm can be deceiving and beauty fades away, but a woman who honors the LORD deserves to be praised.

Matthew 11:28-29
Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.

Starbucks5721
11-06-2006, 05:24 AM
Psalm 149
"I am a wonder, because everything my God makes is a wonder."

Isaiah 54:4
"Fear not, you shall not be put to shame; you need not blush, for you shall not be disgraced."

Isaiah 60:1
"Rise up in splendor, you light has come! The glory of the Lord shines before you!"

Timothy 4:12
"Let no one have contempt for your youth, but set an example for those who believe in speech, conduct, faith, love, and purity."

~praying for you *hugs*

weebird20
11-06-2006, 05:30 AM
Psalm 8:3-5,
"When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have set in place, what is man that You are mindful of him, the son of man that You care for him? You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor."

Aly you were created a little lower than the angels…crowned with glory and honor!

one of my absolutley favourite verses...

Psalm 139:13-14,
"For you created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well."

You are fearfully and wonderfully made…..handcrafted by God…

Psalm 139:17-18,
"How precious it is, Lord, to realize that You are thinking about me constantly! I can't even count how many times a day your thoughts turn towards me. And when I waken in the morning, You are still thinking of me!"

The Lord is constantly thinking of you…His every thoughts is about you and how much He loves you :)

Luke 12:6-7,
"What is the price of five sparrows? A couple of pennies? Not much more than that. Yet God does not forget a single one of them. And He knows the number of hairs on your head! Never fear, you are far more valuable to Him than a whole flock of sparrows."

He values you so much Aly! You are worth a great deal to Him! Who else knows the very number of hairs on your head or for that matter who do you know would spend all that time counting the hairs on your head :P

Psalms 90:17,
"And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us"

Real beauty comes from the Lord...so when you keep close to Him...you will see yourself as beautiful...His glory and beauty will shine so brightly from you that everyone around you will see it :) it'll be blindling!

breakthesilence
11-06-2006, 08:49 AM
this comes from psalm 139 i believe but God spoke it to me the other day through a skillet song (not sure the name, it's on ardent worship)

God is CONSUMED with loving thoughts of you!! not only does he think about you, but so much so that it consumes Him--and He is the God of the universe!! and he doesn't just think about you, but all his thoughts are of how wonderful you are and how much He loves you!!

at my youth group the other day, one of the guys brought in a huge pickle jar full of sand. like a jellybean or marble etc contest, he said that whoever could guess how many grains of sand were in it would win a trip to a restaurant, food included. well of course everyone laughed because how on earth can you guess how many grains of sand are in a two gallon pickle jar? just try to think of it. then he read: "How precious are your thoughts about me, O God! They are innumerable! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up in the morning, you are still with me!" (psalm 139:17-18 ) so all those grains of sand in that jar, that we could hardly fathom the number of, are hardly a fraction of the number of grains of sand on the beach from which he got them. how many thousands of miles of beaches there are in the world... how infinitely many grains of sand there are! and yet God's loving thoughts about you still vastly outnumber the grains of sand.

how precious you are: He sent His Son to suffer on the cross just for you. had you been the only person in all of time ever to repent of your sins, God still would have sent His Son. Jesus still would have let Himself remain on that cross unto death--just for you.

God speaks to me through songs a lot. listen to imperfection (there is so much good truth in that song!) or another song like that but pray before you do and ask God to point out specific things that you need to hear and to reveal Himself to you through it. or instead of listening to a song read a passage from a bible & pray over it in the same way. look up some of the verses that people have posted and read the whole chapter. hope this helps; i will be praying for you!

love~addict
11-08-2006, 03:49 PM
thank you guys!!i appreciate it...ur kind words and verses helped me alot:)thank you...but i still ask you to pray for me...for just...everything that is going on in my life and all the stress...part of me is so happy but half of me feels depressed and soo stressed its not funny...so just please keep me in your prayers:)

God bless

drumchick101
11-09-2006, 12:47 PM
Dont forget that your mind is a battlefeild. You must believe you are what you are, no matter what your eyes and mind may tell you. Do not believe you are depressed and put all of your energies into knowing that you are beautiful, you are stunning.

Even if there are times when you may not think that you are, continue to believe that you are beautiful. And if the test said that you may be clinically depressed, don't accept that you are. (unless you've actually gone to the doctor about it and he prescribed meds, ect. But even then, believe for your healing.)

><sarah><

breakthesilence
11-09-2006, 02:43 PM
Even if there are times when you may not think that you are, continue to believe that you are beautiful.

can i emphasize this point? it goes for anything really. even if you don't think/feel like you are _______, know from God's word and truth and believe that you are.

theelectric3
11-13-2006, 06:49 PM
can you please give me some verses you think may help me...i constantly find myself thinking that i am ugly and fat and just unloved and uncared for...just hating myself and i just feel like im worthless and i actaully took a test thing and it said that i am clinically depressed...idk anymore...ive let all those i guess lies take over in my mind and i just cant seem to believe ANY one at ALL...and i just need some pray but verses would help alot too i think.

love in Christ~aly
thnx

may the Word of Truth minister to you in the deepest parts of you.

"So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created Him; male and female He created them [...] Then God saw everything He made and behold it was very good."
Genesis 1:27,31
(emphasis mine)

"For I know the thoughts [plans, purposes] that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts [plans, purposes] of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."
Jeremiah 29:11

not only were you made VERY GOOD in His sight, but with plans and purposes as well. Value.

can we trust Him?

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts;
Nor are your ways My ways, says the Lord,
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are My ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts higher than your thoughts."
Isaiah 55:8-9

we have a tendency, as humans, to put ourselves down. we can rest in knowing His thoughts towards us (and His plans and purposes for our lives) are higher than ours! what does that mean? that means that not only did He make us for a specific purpose, but He knows we can get there! be it how we view ourselves, careers, relationships, etc.

how can this happen?

"I beseech [beg] you therefore, bretheren [talking to christians], by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
And do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of you mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."
Romans 12:1-2

do not define beauty but what a magazine tells you, by what a t.v. show or movie tells you, by what peers or parents tell you, or even what you tell yourself everytime you look into the mirror. do not conform [give in, compromise, become just like] this world and it's outlook on life, love, purpose and beauty. but rather, as sons and daughters of the Living God, be transformed by the renewing [make something new again] of your mind.

why? because we will prove to those around us, and to ourselves, what the perfect will of God is. meaning? we will find security in ourselves knowing what we real beauty, purpose, life is really all about. and once we understand this, then we can freely share it with others. showing the better way. the truth.

how do we renew our mind? [or as the dicitionary says, "to make something new again"... something that was worn, abused and lied to - new. a new creation in Christ Jesus.]

so how do we do this? remember who our enemy really is and how we stand guard...

"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but might in God for pulling down strongholds, [U]casting down arguments and EVERY high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing EVERY thought into captivitty to the obedience of Christ..."
2 Corinthians 10:3-5

our enemy is not our family, friends, peers or media. it is satan. therefore, we are still able to love the people but not take in the harmful message. lemme explain what i mean...

if we know who we are in Christ, and our beauty and worth in Him, then we are better armed to fight. we know the voice of our Father. and every other voice that tries to scream louder than His voice, screaming what they think we are by not being good enough and blah blah blah, well that is a high thought. a thought from the enemy trying to take root in our hearts above what our Father has already spoken over us.

so if we know that, we can take it captive. meaning, surrender it to God and confess what we know to be true (as found in His word) and rest in Christ.

how do we develop this? through realtionship with our Father. reading His word and getting His word in us. we all have up and down days... but as we press on, we will see how we are daily being made more and more into Christ's image, to the glory of God the Father.

"Do not let your adornment be merely outward - arranging of the hair, wearing gold or putting on fine apparel [or pant size, etc.] - rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the eyes of God.."
1 Peter 3:3-4

lastly, do not let your measuring line of beauty be limited to what others see and what you see in the mirror. don't spend all your effort on that and neglect the person inside - the real you. one with a quiet spirit (gentle, peaceful, not easily stirred up, not one to gossip or jealous, etc.] is more beauitful than a girl (or guy) who has it all together on the outside but is a wreck on the inside.

God sees the heart. And He defines beauty from the inside out.

it isn't wrong to want to look your best. but let your goal be to be a woman of character, intergrity, respect... one who honors the Lord, yourself, and those around you. by the way you dress, act and speak.

"Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing,
But a woman who feas [reverence: respect or awe for somebody or something] the Lord, she shall be praised."
Proverbs 31:30

may this be our goal. our aim. our desire.

theelectric3
11-13-2006, 06:55 PM
(reading this over, i needed the reminder to... so thanks for bringing this up... may we all learn to know and rely on our Father's voice alone.)