terrasin
11-08-2006, 02:34 PM
Ok, so this week I'm a total mess.

I had something close to strep throat, which thankfully is going away, I have a massive sinus infection which is also making me very weak, keeping me up all night long, and just exausting me... and to add insult to injury, I also have my 4th wisdom tooth forcing it's way out.

I now understand why babies cry alot when they start teething. It hurts like mad when it starts coming out. I can't even close my jaw the whole way because of it being swollen and painful. Makes eatting a little difficult as well.

I'm almost certain I have enough room for them. At least that's what my dentist told me last time I saw him (something like 10 years ago), so I'm not too concerned about needing them taken out because I don't think they need to.

Anyone else have any wisdom (har) to share? :P

CJ

unshakeable15
11-08-2006, 03:12 PM
i too am a lucky bum who has a big mouth. :D Last time i went to the dentist *cough*acoupleyearsago*cough* i was told i didn't need them pulled.

But all of my are already erupted, at least partially. Honestly, i don't remember it hurting when they did erupt. *shrugs*

lamb_servant72
11-08-2006, 03:21 PM
When I was 19, my dentist told me I needed mine pulled. I didn't go back.

I don't remember them hurting too much. They were annoying, and I would rub the gums to help out.

dawn of light
11-08-2006, 03:23 PM
My hurt a lot when they started to come out. Sounds like your pain, CJ. But my mouth was far too small for them and that's why it hurt like mad. They were also starting to push all of the teeth on one side of my mouth. So I got all four of them taken out. Two at a time. I was lucky they were mostly out though because I was able to do it in the dentists chair. I was awake the whole time so I didn't have to suffer the effects of "going under". I was able to go back to work in 3 days.

terrasin
11-08-2006, 05:37 PM
I've considered going to the dentist, but lack of insurance scares me. There's no real "benefits" plan working in the music business. lol

CJ

Garth
11-08-2006, 11:10 PM
I need all of my wisdom teeth removed. I've needed to get that done for a couple of years now. :o Bah! Who WANTS to have teeth pulled?!

lamb_servant72
11-09-2006, 02:24 AM
I'm glad I let mine come in.

Before they came in, my top teeth were not straight, and my bottom teeth were.

Now my top teeth are straight, and my bottom teeth are too crowded. I'd rather have it that way!

Starbucks5721
11-09-2006, 04:28 PM
Ugh, do I hear that one.

Mine happen to be coming in simultaniously HORIZONTALLY.

THAT hurts like a you-know-what!!! They come in and push against the other teeth and the dentist said I need to get them out ASAP, but our stupid insurance doesnt cover it right now b/c my mom is a teacher.

I got this homeopathic teething stuff from my little sister's pediatrician that seems to work pretty decent as long as I take it every hour when they are bugging me. (Which is ok, 'cause it's homeopathic). I think it's called Hyland's Teething Tablets.

You know, it's too bad they don't come in with, like, brilliant flashes of wisdom. Then they'd at least be useful...

terrasin
11-09-2006, 06:18 PM
Thanks Starbucks, I'll have to look into those tablets. It's a real fleshy part where the tooth is coming in so it hurts like mad. Luckily, it's not effecting any of my other teeth. Hopefully it stays that way.

CJ

Bassplayer
11-09-2006, 07:26 PM
i feel your pain. my dentist told me almost two years ago that i needed mine pulled. we didn't do it. now my jaw kills me. it's just random spurts of pain and aches. my new dentist thinks it's from clenching my jaw when i sleep, but i think it's my wisdom teeth cuz i can feel em' coming in. my mouth i average sized, so when they fully come in, my teeth'll be crooked again. although i'm kinda looking forward to the pain meds (don't tell my mom thought. lol) j/k

m_money618
11-10-2006, 02:19 PM
my uncle was suppost to get his out like 40 yrs ago and never did, and he's todally fine.... hummmm...

my brother got his wisdom teeth taken out and he was soo drugged up and i was suppost to take care of him.... it was really interesting..... he told me a bunch of stories and asked me tons of really stupid questions.... lol it was pretty intertaining:)

theelectric3
11-13-2006, 06:01 PM
my wisdom teeth are peaking in... my dentist is gonna wait a year and go from there to see if he thinks i should get them removed.

my twin doesn't even have all her wisdom teeth (some never devloped, others are too high up and small to do any "damage"... so she is pretty much scotch free on this one).

they annoy me from time to time... but no pain or anything serious - yippee!

lamb_servant72
11-13-2006, 11:47 PM
I think your dentist is smart to wait and see.

I have often been asked if I had braces. I say, "No, I just let my wisdom teeth come in."

justkerry
11-15-2006, 03:43 PM
Mine are coming in and they hurt like mad and I am getting them out next thursday.
I am frightened but so excited because then the pain will finally be over, after the pain from surgery goes down.
My mouth is small so I have to get them out because they would make my teeth grow crooked again. I've had almost every type of orthodontistry-braces, head gear and have even had 5+( I can't remember how many) teeth pulled but all definitely worth it cause my teeth are awesome. And dont' want to have to go through it again if I let them grow in.
Did you know that letting your teeth come in might sometime cause more harm than anything? seriously look it up on wikipedia
Thats the great thing about living in Canada is there's insurance for this.

theelectric3
11-16-2006, 07:57 PM
I have often been asked if I had braces. I say, "No, I just let my wisdom teeth come in."

nice! you always hear how they mess up teeth alignment. you are probably one of the few where it has helped. aren't you special. 8)
(yep)

terrasin
11-16-2006, 10:25 PM
I've been considering getting those invisalign braces. I wanted to hear some real results from them before I spend that kind of money though. They are nice because not only are they clear and hard to tell they are in, but they are removable.

CJ

I Bite
11-19-2006, 10:01 AM
My friend has those---she said they work pretty well....

terrasin
11-19-2006, 01:35 PM
For the price, they had better work pretty well. :P

CJ

skilltroks
01-13-2007, 09:25 AM
So...
I found out I have three wisdom teeth. They have to be pulled within the next six months, however, I can already somewhat feel the pain they are causing.

terrasin
01-13-2007, 09:52 AM
:(

Not cool. Try putting an aspirin on them. Should help

CJ