weebird20
11-08-2006, 10:50 PM
already praying Rachel!

Garth
11-08-2006, 11:22 PM
I will be praying for you.

Tromos
11-09-2006, 06:16 AM
Wow. It sure seems like the devil is afraid of the people here lately, doesn't it? How many has he attacked in the last few days?

You've been added to my prayer list. Chin up.

Starbucks5721
11-09-2006, 12:40 PM
I am praying for you tons! God is good, all the time.

drumchick101
11-09-2006, 12:40 PM
Three for three, I'm going to say it again because it's really all I know: fight hard and fight well, your sacrifice is not, nor ever will be, in vain. I've got ya covered.

><sarah><

breakthesilence
11-09-2006, 02:44 PM
praying.

dawn of light
11-10-2006, 05:11 AM
Thanks for everyone's prayers, I really appreciate it.

I'm just very stressed about school, work, relationships...and my spiritual life is lacking to say the least. It seems like everything is going wrong all at once.

m_money618
11-10-2006, 11:20 AM
i'm praying for you:)

lee
11-10-2006, 11:28 AM
i'll definately be praying....god bless

john316
11-12-2006, 04:57 PM
You are in my prayers:)

m_money618
11-12-2006, 08:08 PM
mine as well:)

alien_youth2005
11-13-2006, 06:07 PM
i'll pray for u.

dawn of light
11-17-2006, 08:03 AM
I just wanted to thank everyone who prayed for me I really appreciate it.

m_money618
11-17-2006, 01:18 PM
no promlem:)

dawn of light
12-09-2006, 11:56 AM
Ok, I'm really upset. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Today my roommate just told me she's found another place to live and she'll be gone by Jan 1. Why does she want to move out, might you ask? Well the answer is simple... because I didn't want her to have friends over while I was studying for an exam.

That leaves me with 21 days to find somewhere to live all in the midst of exams, Christmas shopping, work, and planning a wedding. And I was planning on going to Thunder Bay with Karl to see his sister, brother in law, and kids, over New Years. Well I'm not quite sure how thats possible now because I'll have to MOVE!

I'm trying to find a bachelor apartment that is either the same price or less than what I'm paying for rent right now. I'm kinda running a tight budget with school and a wedding to pay for. It seems impossible to find what I need unless I want to live in the north end with pimps and drug dealers.

This is something that was totally unexpected and not exactly something I'm prepared to deal with right now. I'm really upset about this and would appreciate some prayer.

Thanks.

lamb_servant72
12-09-2006, 06:54 PM
Would finding another roommate be an option?

dawn of light
12-09-2006, 10:54 PM
I'd love to find another roommate. It would make things so much easier. I just don't know anyone who's looking for a place to stay... either way, I need to do something quick

lamb_servant72
12-10-2006, 03:07 AM
I hope this encourages you:

My sister wanted to transfer from VSU to UGA at the end of the fall semester (she had rededicated her life to God, and she really wanted to get away from some negative influences and make a fresh start). The waiting list for the special education program at UGA was long.

I don't even remember all of the details of how she got an interview with the Dean of Education, or how she got bumped to the top of the list and got in (I know it was God, but I don't remember the physical details of how it happened, just that it did!)

Of course there was still the housing issue. How was she going to find a place at the last minute in the middle of the year?

Well, during the time of the application/interview process, our cousin called me. She said she knew it sounded crazy and last minute, but they had just lost one of their roommates, and they were wondering if Kellie might be interested in transferring to UGA, because they needed a new roommate fast!

God is wonderful.

I am praying for you, Rachel, that God is working this out for you.

dawn of light
12-17-2006, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the prayers and encouragement Lisa.

Good news: I found a place to live. It's really close to the University where I go to school so that's good.

Bad news: I need a new job. My last day at work is Jan 5.

Bad news: I don't have a fiance any more. We talked today and it's over FOREVER.

How did my life get this bad??

alienyouth9292
12-17-2006, 02:45 PM
....... well, even when it looks like life is gonna suck, don't give up. keep fighting. you may have fallen down, but still finish the race.

dawn of light
01-16-2007, 08:03 PM
Ok, a few things...

Some people, PM'ed me and I didn't respond. I'm sorry. I really appreciate the concern, and prayers and willingness to listen/give advice. I thought I'd give a little update here so that I don't have to PM people individually but everyone can read it.

I'm feeling happier and at peace. I've made an effort lately to get to know some more girls, people that I've wanted to spend more time with for a long time. It's been really fun and just what I need.

I'm having a hard time focusing on school. I find myself wanting to get distracted and think about other things. I'm feeling the same way about God (distracted easily). The thing is though, is that I just have to sit down and face Him. I'm not sure what I'm afraid of or apprehensive about...I've been praying more and reading more lately (the Bible and teaching books) but I just feel like I haven't quite given everything over to God yet. Sometimes I'm scared to trust Him, other times I know He's really the only one who is completely trustworthy.

Karl and I have talked quite a bit. After the emotions died down a bit we both realized we love each other so much and both believe that we could have the kind of marriage we want with each other if we could just work out these problems first. We've talked with our pastor and friends many times about this and about what to do. We both were really confused. We both came to the conclusion, separately, that we know we want to be together and get married. But the timing is not right.

So we're friends and have committment towards each other, but we need space. I don't know how long it'll take. At least a couple months, maybe more and who knows what will happen after that. We need to do this right.

EDIT:
I just wanted to add one more thing. About my apartment and old roommate. She was really rude to me and screwed me out of some money, but you know what?? I don't care. I'm really thankful for where I'm living right now! It's so unbelievably close to school and perfect, now that I'm not working and taking the bus to school. I thought this was going to be a disaster, but this is another time where God pulled through for me even when I had a hard time trusting Him. God works things for the good of those who love Him.

BondageDuck
01-16-2007, 09:13 PM
Thanks for everyone's prayers, I really appreciate it.

I'm just very stressed about school, work, relationships...and my spiritual life is lacking to say the least. It seems like everything is going wrong all at once.

I definitely know how you feel. I'm right there too. It sounds like things may be looking up though! I'll keep you in my prayers.

weebird20
01-17-2007, 01:54 AM
glad things are going better for you Rachel :)

i understand totally about the easily distracted thing...ive been having the same trouble with my spiritual life lately too...but God is faithful ;D

lamb_servant72
01-17-2007, 06:07 AM
I'm feeling happier and at peace. I've made an effort lately to get to know some more girls, people that I've wanted to spend more time with for a long time. It's been really fun and just what I need.
That is fantastic, Rachel. Women need other females in their lives. That is something I am working on myself.
I'm having a hard time focusing on school. I find myself wanting to get distracted and think about other things. I'm feeling the same way about God (distracted easily). The thing is though, is that I just have to sit down and face Him. I'm not sure what I'm afraid of or apprehensive about...I've been praying more and reading more lately (the Bible and teaching books) but I just feel like I haven't quite given everything over to God yet. Sometimes I'm scared to trust Him, other times I know He's really the only one who is completely trustworthy.
I think these feelings come around from time to time as God reveals another area of our lives that we haven't given over to Him. The release is exhilerating when we finally do let go! Although, sometimes it takes awhile to figure out what it is exactly that we are hanging onto. I'm in that place, too.
Karl and I have talked quite a bit. After the emotions died down a bit we both realized we love each other so much and both believe that we could have the kind of marriage we want with each other if we could just work out these problems first. We've talked with our pastor and friends many times about this and about what to do. We both were really confused. We both came to the conclusion, separately, that we know we want to be together and get married. But the timing is not right.
That's what I was thinking, too. I'm so glad the two of you figured this out, the waiting and not knowing are so frustrating.

I just wanted to add one more thing. About my apartment and old roommate. She was really rude to me and screwed me out of some money, but you know what?? I don't care. I'm really thankful for where I'm living right now! It's so unbelievably close to school and perfect, now that I'm not working and taking the bus to school. I thought this was going to be a disaster, but this is another time where God pulled through for me even when I had a hard time trusting Him. God works things for the good of those who love Him.

This is wonderful. I am so glad God used that situation to move you somewhere even better.

I really needed this reminder and encouragement this morning. Thank you for posting this.

skynes
01-17-2007, 11:59 AM
I'm glad to hear things have improved.

I wanna make a comment on

In a word: Pray. Pray and pray and fast and pray some more.
If/when you get together again, make a habit of praying together daily. Over the phone, even if just for a 3 min call. Pray.

NightCrawler
01-24-2007, 08:53 AM
There is very little harm (if any) in waiting 'too long,' but early usually has ramifications.

Perhaps you could ask a pre-marital counselor of some sort to suggest a date for you two to consider starting an active relationship again. The date on the calendar will only remove tension before the time, and when you get to that date, it won't commit either of you to a decision at that point -- only that you will not consider it prior to that date.

I agree with skynes; however, praying on the phone daily about it contradicts the date-of-consideration plan if ya know what I mean.

dawn of light
01-24-2007, 09:53 AM
Yeah, we're doing a lot of praying about it on our own, not together. We'll leave praying together for when we're actually together again.

We actually have the "date of consideration" already. Our pastor suggested we take 2-3 months. So we picked March 15 as the date that we'll sit down and talk. But just because we're talking about it on March 15 doesn't mean we're going to get back together right away, it could take longer for us to be ready, in fact I think it will. But I don't know, God hasn't let me know what He thinks about that day yet, so I'll just have to wait until He does.

Our pastor says to us "Neither of you is going anywhere. It's not like you're going to start dating someone else, so what's the rush??" Really, he's right, what's the harm in waiting an extra few months to get back together or an extra year to two to get married if it means having a better marriage in the future?

skynes
01-24-2007, 10:49 AM
*ahem*

If/when you get together again, make a habit of praying together daily. Over the phone, even if just for a 3 min call. Pray.

praying together comes AFTER getting back together, lol.

The date thing is a good idea.