NightCrawler
11-08-2006, 06:04 PM
Yo.
- Essentially, I have been falling away in many areas of my life.
- I've generally stopped any regular (routine) reading of the Word.
- My prayer life is significantly horrible -- I feel insincere and apathetic.
- God is feeling distant from me.
- And I have been obsessing all these calculations about getting into relationships with girls -- all of which I either haven't bothered to follow through, cannot entertain, or otherwise fail.
(Also I really feel like having a girl in my arms, ... Ya know Sarah? Yeah, pain isn't gone yet. Especially knowing that she told her old best friend that she loves me, and her friend told me. Wonderful. Sarah's still in France, and I think it is fair to say we still need to grow up)
- In addition, I have fallen a few times into some online pr0n and I'm not living according to the standard as laid out in Matt 5:28.

Issues:
- In general, this is bad.
- I am in a leadership position at the college group. [So either I step down now, fix it and step down, or just fix it. I believe God can fix this quickly, but... it is a matter of principle, for I am sure that many people who should've stepped down felt the same way] Although it is advertising, blah.
- I have recently joined the christmas choir.
- I am even going to say this is affecting my grades.

blaahggggggggggggggggg

planet_kosmos
11-08-2006, 08:09 PM
Wow, I'll be praying.

lamb_servant72
11-09-2006, 02:45 AM
Jonathan,

I am praying for you.

I've been there, and I failed. I've been in leadership positions, and felt so far from God, and I sinned. David did the same thing. He didn't resign as king.

God lays out a plan for the steps we are to take when Christian leaders are in sin. It leaves plenty of opportunities for repentance. Sometimes, I think Christians are too quick to leave leadership positions. I think that's what Satan wants. I think God wants repentance and restoration.

Satan is trying to sift you. I know you are exhausted. Keep fighting. We will keep praying.

Tromos
11-09-2006, 05:58 AM
Jonathan,

I am praying for you.

I've been there, and I failed. I've been in leadership positions, and felt so far from God, and I sinned. David did the same thing. He didn't resign as king.

God lays out a plan for the steps we are to take when Christian leaders are in sin. It leaves plenty of opportunities for repentance. Sometimes, I think Christians are too quick to leave leadership positions. I think that's what Satan wants. I think God wants repentance and restoration.

Satan is trying to sift you. I know you are exhausted. Keep fighting. We will keep praying.

Wow. She's always so insightful. Must be her advanced age ;D (check mine before you get mad at me for that)

I admire your courage in coming out here and admitting your failures to your friends. But don't give up. Don't let the enemy convince you that failure is the end of it.

"For we all sin and fall short of the glory of God."

I'm not trying to plug myself here, but go here (http://flwm.blogspot.com) and read the blog entry titled "It Doesn't Matter". It was written from the perspective of a basketball coach (me), but it's about not giving in when Satan beats you down.

The answer is very simple, though not no simple to do sometimes:

Repent
Re-evaluate
Re-plan
Renew

How will those you lead be able to believe that the hardships of Satan are real and that God really is the answer if they see your life as perfect and easy? If you look at the Biblical stories, all of the heroes (except Jesus) had their faults. Lisa's example of David is excellent because his pride and lust caused him to plan a murder and to commit adultery. Yet even this evil was turned to God's glory once David repented (thanks to the intervention of Nathan). From the adulterous union with Bathsheeba came Solomon, the wisest of all Israel's kings.

Don't let the self-pity get you down. Deny it and re-dedicate yourself to the Truth.

drumchick101
11-09-2006, 12:16 PM
I have no great words or wisdom because you know what to do: keep fighting. I'll keep you in prayer.

><sarah><

breakthesilence
11-09-2006, 02:51 PM
you are in my prayers.
i don't think i can give you any advice better stated than what's already been said. keep fighting the enemy, he just wants to tear you down.

Starbucks5721
11-09-2006, 04:46 PM
Hey, I am praying for you too <3

NightCrawler
11-10-2006, 01:57 PM
Jonathan,

I am praying for you.

Good points.

I just know of leaders who should've stepped down, but did not and ruined the ministries they were involved in. I have been progressively falling since around late August. Plenty of opportunities? I've failed a lot of them.

Regardless, thank you. I will still press on. Thank you all, I need this. And praise God, because I got into the Word again, I have prayed some more, and I felt really down when I posted this.... and later (after the first replier, but before I saw the reply) I felt like something was being removed from my mind -- something was leaving me.

john316
11-11-2006, 03:28 PM
Jon...I am going to tell you the same thing that i told Brett....

It looks like i am going to have some extra time on my hands so i will be praying for you...I am not going to claim to have all the answers for you but i know that God can renew your spirit to a level you never knew before.

May God bless you and be sure that i am praying

John

m_money618
11-11-2006, 04:46 PM
May God Bless you and keep you.

I'm praying for you:)

-Sarah

NightCrawler
11-13-2006, 01:20 PM
Thanks guys, seriously. I need this.

m_money618: I love every part of your signature.