TheFireBreathes
11-11-2006, 02:21 PM
Just in the past few months. my faith, my personality, and my choices have have dropped to an all time low. I've bought numerous different Bibles because I'm not getting a word out of what I'm reading. Nothing interests me like it did before. Like tv, bass, reading, sports, whatever - they're all just boring...I haven't been doing anything different than I was before, well at least I dont think so...I don't cuss, smoke, or drink. My girlfriend and I have only kissed once for the month we've been going out. I just don't know what the deal is. Where is He? and why can't I ever hear Him? I still ask for forgiveness every time I screw up, but why is it that all these kids who do worse things than me experience Him and I don't? It's not fair.

And I know, someones gonna reply to this saying "well brett, the best thing to do is pray..."
I have been praying like mad. Every night and through out the day, and I'm crying to Him how much I need Him want someone in my life who I can always trust, help me, *cough*never leave me*cough* and see my heart and not what's surrounding it...

This is in no way a "dry spell"...it has lasted way to long and I'm just not strong enough to live without Him.
James Truslow Adams once said:
"The great use of live is to spend it on something that will outlast it."
Well, he's right. What is there to making music and movies if He isn't helping me and involved in them? That's right, there is simply no reason for me to be alive.

john316
11-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Well Brett

It looks like i am going to have some extra time on my hands so i will be praying for you...I am not going to claim to have all the answers for you but i know that God can renew your spirit to a level you never knew before.

May God bless you

John

m_money618
11-11-2006, 04:45 PM
God Bless You.
times are hard, things change. we have all had some kind of spirtual let down before, i know i have. keep believing, keep holding on. God and others will help you through. I am praying for you.

Keep your head up high, keep doing what you love and don't look back til you reach the top.
-I don't remember

God loves you, He cares about you.
I'm praying.

-Sarah

kittygirl
11-12-2006, 10:13 AM
Just in the past few months. my faith, my personality, and my choices have have dropped to an all time low. I've bought numerous different Bibles because I'm not getting a word out of what I'm reading. Nothing interests me like it did before. Like tv, bass, reading, sports, whatever - they're all just boring...I haven't been doing anything different than I was before, well at least I dont think so...I don't cuss, smoke, or drink. My girlfriend and I have only kissed once for the month we've been going out. I just don't know what the deal is. Where is He? and why can't I ever hear Him? I still ask for forgiveness every time I screw up, but why is it that all these kids who do worse things than me experience Him and I don't? It's not fair.

And I know, someones gonna reply to this saying "well brett, the best thing to do is pray..."
I have been praying like mad. Every night and through out the day, and I'm crying to Him how much I need Him want someone in my life who I can always trust, help me, *cough*never leave me*cough* and see my heart and not what's surrounding it...

This is in no way a "dry spell"...it has lasted way to long and I'm just not strong enough to live without Him.
James Truslow Adams once said:
"The great use of live is to spend it on something that will outlast it."
Well, he's right. What is there to making music and movies if He isn't helping me and involved in them? That's right, there is simply no reason for me to be alive.

I understand where you're coming from. Seriously, it is good that you understand that you need Him. And that you want Him.

The thing is, I have no formula on how to make you feel Him, or see Him in your life, or how to get Him to answer. The only thing I have to say is that I have been there before, and the only thing that 'worked' was to slow down, stop hanging with fake people, do things that made me happy, etc.

A different bible isn't going to change anything, if you were without any christian books, and bibles, you would still be able to talk to God.

I guess one thing that helped me alot, and really made me closer to God was just to tell Him "I feel like crap right now, I need you."
I'm sure you have told Him that, but just don't worry about time or reading a devotion every night. Just forget everything else, and talk to Him. Soak in His prescence.

Once again, that is not a formula, but just not having to do schedule anything with God helps me SO much.

BarlowgIRL
11-12-2006, 01:40 PM
Hey, ever since I became a teen( all three years of it) all I felt was that "where is God? Why don't I feel Him? What is faith suposed to feel like?" I always felt depressed and always questioned whether I was a Christian or not because I never felt God. My home life sucks and I always cried. I never ONCE felt God holding me, but I always clung to the idea that HE is holding me crying with me. I know the feeling of not feeling God. It sucks. I would scream trying to understand why I'm not on fire like I want to be. I went to a bible college-ie thingie over the summer and gave up a lot of stuff that I've been holding on to to God and I feel so much better! But I still don't "feel" God. Ya know, that magical feeling you're suposed to feel when you're "right with God". I know the frustration. what keeps me going is trying to get a few of my friends to become Christians becaue they need God for various reasons. I really don't know what that has to do with anything but I felt that I should share that. I will keep you in prayer and don't you ever say that there is no reason for you to live. You're alive cause God loves you and is doing something through you even though you don't feel it.

theelectric3
11-13-2006, 06:11 PM
faith.
choosing to believe in the unseen even when we cannot seem to feel.

faith to trust and keep doing what you know to be true... trusting that God will reveal Himself in an even greater way for you... in a much more personal way as you have chosen to remain...

i'll be holding you up in prayer. i know how frustrating this time can be... a growing pain, if you will.

pizza brain
11-13-2006, 07:02 PM
When I read this thread it reminded me of a song.

My Hell
Luke 16:23,26 / John 15:5 / 1 John 5:12
Barret / Fife / Noah / Young / Wyrick

It's not found in throwing roses on a grave
Or in the cursed bottom of a bottled plague
It wasn't in the torment that will never fade
But I see the truth now
This was my hell living without you here
Even heaven is hell if somehow you were not there
If you were not there
It wasn't in the flames that won't stop burning
Or within a fire that is never quenched
It wasn't in the brokenness of all my failings
But I see the truth now
This was my hell living with out you here
Even heaven is hell if somehow you were not there
Lord I need to breathe you, drink you, dream you
Nothing ever will compare
Need to breathe you, drink you, dream you, need you
Bridge
This was my hell living without you
When you're so far away
Even heaven is hell if heaven's without you
When you're so far away from me
Everything's hell if somehow you are not there

You aren't alone dude just keep pluggin away :)I'll be praying for you
God bless!

theelectric3
11-16-2006, 08:03 PM
how are you doing brett?

TheFireBreathes
11-18-2006, 01:16 PM
Hm, better than I was when I posted this...So thanks everyone for your prayers.

I can't say exactly how I feel, because I'm really just confused with everything:-\