alorian
11-15-2006, 06:30 AM
Most people I know right now are. Are you?

DarkestRose
11-15-2006, 08:13 AM
Yes, but I am really coming to the conclusion that everybody is struggling with someone and everyone really is broken in some way. So I am starting to find the message of "Comatose"-that Christians need to wake up to the world around them-is really quite true.

skynes
11-15-2006, 08:58 AM
Most people I know right now are. Are you?

Yuppers. Don't know why, though I do have a few guesses.

animeraven34
11-15-2006, 09:59 AM
I think the question is: when HAVEN'T I been going through something hard?

lamb_servant72
11-15-2006, 12:14 PM
This fall has been hard for me with both of my grandfathers passing away. It does seem like alot of people are going through something.

Starbucks5721
11-15-2006, 12:40 PM
Yeah, me too, I think a lot of people are at the moment.

drumchick101
11-15-2006, 12:52 PM
I find demons to work in packs on lots of christians at the same time, then we can't encourage each other. I've been having a bit of a time, but it's not so horrible when I stop to remember how good God is.

That's probobly the greatest battle stategy that we have...worship. Yes, there is a place for perserverence and a time for intercession; but worship is by far our greatest weapon. It puts us in the presence of God, and NO demon and nothing that can come against you can or stay with you when you're there. And once you know how good God is, things can't be so bad.

And...I can't resist putting a few verses here that most of you know already (& I use them a lot):

2 Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. 3 For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. 4 So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing. James 1:2-4

12 Dear friends, don’t be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you. 13 Instead, be very glad—for these trials make you partners with Christ in his suffering, so that you will have the wonderful joy of seeing his glory when it is revealed to all the world. 1 Peter 4:12-13

Not to mention 2 corinthians 12 (which I just put in another thread) Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.”

Right now we are our strongest...isn't that crazy? As long as we hold onto Him, we cannot fail. Now is not the time to stand down.

><sarah><

Starbucks5721
11-15-2006, 03:13 PM
That one from James is one of my favorites :)

Vuren
11-16-2006, 10:45 PM
yeah, after two years i started talking about and trying to cope with my ex fiancee's suicide. I've been relapsing for the past oh, bout the past year into my old coping habbits(cutting). and trying to not commit suicide. and that's just the tip.

Shattered_Life
11-17-2006, 03:17 AM
I think all Christians struggle with something at one point...and most of the time (if not all) it's God trying to bring them closer to Him again. For me? I've been struggling with depression for the last several months. Ugh.

john316
11-17-2006, 07:36 AM
As most of you know I broke my foot this past weekend and for me it couldn't have came at worst time of the year I know this will seem stupid for most of you but as some of you may know i am a hunter...and our firearm season opens on next Saturday. I haven't missed a opening day in 30 years and its something i look forward to all year...I was hoping that all i had was a bad sprain and that i would be back on my feet in a week or two. When that doc said 2 months recovery time I believe that it hurt almost as much as the foot and on top of that i have lost a weeks wages(so far)... so by Tuesday i was feeling pretty sorry for myself.

But do you know what...after i got done my pity party i started to look at the good things in my life...I read on these boards about people who have lost loved ones...or have loved ones suffering from a terrible disease like cancer...i see ppl who are going through hard hard times spiritually and emotionally. There are ppl who except for a miracle will never walk again and I'm complaining about a couple of months... and finally it hit me that there are ppl going through far worst things then me.

Once when my foot was hurting so bad i thought about how Jesus must have felt having a nail driven down through both his feet...it was then i remembered again that i don't have a future...my life is his and his will be done...even if i don't like or understand it.

In closing i would like to say that i try to pray for the requests posted here in The Garden of Gethsemane everyday...so just because i don't reply to a certain thread doesnt mean i am not praying.

May God bless all who are going through hard times right now.

John

love~addict
11-19-2006, 08:05 PM
some of you know this..but...i hate myself...i just do...and it seems like i cant stop, i know God made me...and people keep telling me i need to see myself as they do and how God does..but thats the thing i honestly cant...and i think im bout to lose one of my best friends..and i dont want to i love him so much and hes helped me through so much whether he knows it or not..i just i hate everything about me...and half the time i wish i could just die...so all my friends that i love wouldnt have to deal with me when im depressed or sad...

and i keep losing people i love...my great aunt died and i used to play with her so much wheni was little but once i started to get older i didnt want to take the time to spend with her or sumthing and i hate me for that everyday or when i think bout that..how much time i lost with her...and then most recently my God mother died...i loved her so dearly and i didnt tell her that enough...and she was my moms best friend...and honestly i dont know if shes in heaven or hell...and it seemed for the longest time my mom took it out on me...

lastly i hate to complain i just hate it..but me and my mom have been having a hard time...lately...its gettin better with time but we seem to not understand each other and she so quickly fustrated with me..and sumtimes the same thing with me...

all i can say is i need more prayer than i can express in these last couple paragraphs........:'(

Jesus freak_14
11-21-2006, 05:25 PM
yea you know i'll pray for you aly :)
what i'm going through is nothing compared to some of you guys but i don't know ever since the school year started everything has been up and down [mostly down]and i'm not used to that.. cuz before i was usually a pretty happy person except for the few times that i would get depressed... but now i feel like i'm always depressed. i don't know what it is.. i guess.. it's the enemy.. but i just feel like i'm of no worth... i don't understand my purpose for being here.
for a while it was really, really hard for me to talk to God...even though i've been able to open up more to Him now.. i'm still really confused.. i don't understand my purpose.. i don't understand why nothing goes my way
but most of all i don't understand why i'm so depressed lately and why suicide is constantly crossing my mind. i want to talk to a professional to see if maybe it's something that i need medication for ... but then i feel like i'm over reacting..
so yea.. there's more to the story.. people that have made me feel worthless...
never ending fights with people
being criticized by everyone for everything
not being the person i want to be.. there's alot more that's making me feel this way.. it's just too much to type

again, this is nothing compared to what some of you are going through.. but i am just soooo blessed that i'm able to let everything out on here

planet_kosmos
11-21-2006, 07:32 PM
I'm praying for you both!

lee
11-22-2006, 05:19 AM
^^ i've been where you are, and it's really painful, it just really sucks bad, that's all i can say... i will definately pray for you..love ya..

love~addict
11-22-2006, 04:01 PM
yah^^...i was in ur place all summer..you prolly remember me going through that...and it still continued for awhile after the summer...im just now starting to accept that fact that i do have friends that care bout me and that God has a purpose for me even though i dont see it yet...i still have suicide thoughts cross my mind sometimes and it scares me...i wondered alot if i needed to go to a professional..but no one believed me that i was so depressed...i wish they wouldve though...:(i cut myself so many times when things would go down hill:(and i hate it...:(anyways im praying for you:)ily ssab and im praying for everyone else!

Jesus freak_14
11-22-2006, 04:07 PM
^^ i've been where you are, and it's really painful, it just really sucks bad, that's all i can say... i will definately pray for you..love ya..

thanks :) yea, it sucks, especially when you have no idea why the heck you're so sad.. or why you're here
so yea thanks :)

and aly, thanks :) yea you DO have friends that love you ;D ;D ;D and thanks you guys for praying and understanding me :P i love you all :)

love~addict
11-22-2006, 04:11 PM
we love you too!!!;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D...{still praying..lol}

kittygirl
11-22-2006, 04:45 PM
I'm not sure if this is true, but I feel very depressed in the fall, and winter. It might be seasonal, and it might be spiritual

alorian
11-22-2006, 07:11 PM
This time last year the exact same thing happened.

Scott pointed this out to me:
http://www.panheads.org/boards/showpost.php?p=215037&postcount=1

Notice the date.

A year ago.

*shrugs*

lee
11-23-2006, 05:47 PM
i love you too, touching moment.. ok, i'm crying...i think we need a hug fest, hugs do heal the soul you know...

love~addict
11-25-2006, 03:25 PM
two of my best friends are having issues..both of them feel like each other are being ignored by the other, but each of them arent trying to ignore the other. and i feel so bad for both of them.im crying as i type.its so hard on them.they dont want to lose each other as friends and idk if they realize that they both to some extent feel the exact same way but yet things are still screwed up.its killing me to see them like this i love them both so much and its hurting me so deeply to both see them like this and i cant do a thing to help.its all in there hands.well its in Gods hands but theyre the ones who has to do something.but it hurts me so much that all i can say is that im praying and im srry.its killing me:'(pls pray

planet_kosmos
11-28-2006, 07:21 PM
Praying for you Aly.

bubblesemm
11-29-2006, 07:03 AM
Yes,I am. Could you guys pray for me? See,my family and I are going through a very hard time right now and really just need God's help.You see,my dad just had a heartattack 2 weeks ago,I just found out that my sister is pregnant,my grandpa is now refusing to talk to us(or come over for Thanksgiving) because my sister is preganant,and my youth pastor just got fired from our church.So, as you can see, I really need some help,and even though this is not realted to Skillet,please do this for me. I would greatly appreciate it.Much love you to all of you panheads out there. Keep rockin' and servin' God. Well,thanks in advance for your prayers.

smasth_the_tv
12-07-2006, 03:50 AM
well....i know alot of people have labeled me as a nut case::] (so has the school Physiatrist, really) already. but i've been struggleing with this since i was a kid. like yesturday i just randomly started to cry. i'm at home in the floor crying about something. and my heart just started to hurt. i talked to my youth pastor about it and he says that my pastor deals w/ the same thing. it's not that he's a nut case as well, but that God is placing on his heart the same weight that is on God's heart. im not saying that God is placing the weight of the world on us, we're just closer to God than we think. in way i'm "God's right side" (i feel what he feels for other people. i also feel other people(ya know, their pain becomes my greatest ache.)
please pray for me to be able to gain more understanding cuz i'm scared...sorta....and i dont normally get scared over spiritual things. normally i just allow God to take control (both good and bad^_^)prayer please cuz i've been ballin my eyes out!:(

love~addict
12-14-2006, 03:57 PM
im praying:)

Vuren
12-18-2006, 12:41 AM
one of my friends and i have been having difficulties, and she asked me to start taking down some of the barriers i have set up to stop me from being hurt when i talk to her, well i did and started to tell her what's going on with me and apperently saturday she called the county sherrifs afraid that i was going to commit suicide and one of the higher-ups called my cell yesterday but i didn't know the number so i didn't answer, and when i got the voicemail they left(standard "this is the lancaster county sherrifs office and we need to speak with you" line) i called back but they didn't know why they needed to speak with me. so i figured it was just to do a follow up on a me being witness to a crime that fell outside of the police departments jurisdiction. well today at noon i got woken up by a deputy calling my cell phone and telling me he was in my driveway and wished to speak with me so i said sure and went up and let him in. well he had a bunch of the emails i sent my friend explaining things and he started talking to me trying to gauge what state of mind i was in to see if i was in immediate danger. well due to a past admital(i was admited to "child and adolescent pyschiatric service when i was 16(2003) for saying that the reasons to go to war in iraq were a bunch of lies, that there wasn't any wmds put me as schtizophrenic(i guess i was wrong i mean we've found so many wmd's)) well because of that and the scars i have my body(no matter how old they are) were enough for him to have me admitted against my will and the deputy was being very kind and understanding and even though he had enough evidance to have me admitted he was going to let me explain what i wanted to do and the reasons for that. Well i explained some of the home life and some of the letters. And i stated that i didn't want to go to the hospital(inherrent distrust to them, considering that the pyschatrist i'd fall under speaks almost no english(while being intelligent he misunderstands what you say and doesn't exactly have the most coherent sentances) and well he called his saregant[sic] and read his notes and what he thought of the sitiation and the both agreed that given the circumstances that it'd be alright if i didn't go to the hospital for treatment.

iangirl180
12-18-2006, 03:19 PM
yeah I just broke up w/ my kinda bf

alorian
12-18-2006, 06:21 PM
wow james, that's insane. i'll pray for ya

Vuren
12-19-2006, 12:19 AM
oh yeah, it got better today, one of my friends who was a reason i quit cutting for many months and i got into a fight today and we stopped being friends, so with in really 48 hours i lost to close friends, people i relied on for support and a pity party is seeming very very attractive today(as is one of my old issues, drinking heavily). so had things been reversed(the thing that happened saturday) i'd probley be in the hospital just because i'm running out of an ablity to cope. some of my quotes i had today were things like "emotionally dead/exhausted"

alorian
12-19-2006, 07:33 PM
need an ear or anything i'm here. just pm me or im me or something