ImaPunk4SkilleT
11-18-2006, 04:41 PM
How has Skillet inspired you musically, lyrically or whatever..

Shattered_Life
11-18-2006, 05:10 PM
Lori has been a great influence on me...she doesn't really let the stereotypes of girl drummers get to her. And she's actually who inspired me to learn to play the drums. Not to mention I think the lyrics in the Skillet songs really describe things in my life I'm going through and I feel a sense of being closer to God when I listen to it.

pizza brain
11-18-2006, 06:54 PM
I used to try and pattern my lyrics after Skillet, but I gave up after I realized I'm not even close to being that good.

breakthesilence
12-02-2006, 04:12 PM
yeah john is pretty amazing, as are the other members when they put pen to paper...

skillet has inspired me to become more passionate for God and be so hardcore in worshiping Him with all i have and to love Him more.
that is why they are my favorite band.

DustinRocks
12-03-2006, 03:47 PM
My writing style and the fact I'm doing worship and christian music. I try to write in same style as John. My band covers a skillet song every cd so far thats only 2.

m_money618
12-08-2006, 02:59 PM
omg in so many ways..... i started playing guitar cause of Ben, cause he's todally amazing and i thought it was awesome....oh gosh they have helped me in soo many ways, i started writing music because of them too, and that's done me well so, there isn't one thing i could say that's inspired me the most....but ya, i luv them!!!

Slash
12-09-2006, 01:56 AM
i just love their honesty. "Open Wounds" is a prime example. they talk about stuff in their songs alot of people go through but alot of Christian bands just don't wanna talk about really.

that and their unique twist on Christian rawk; the way they can have such essentially possitive lyrics put to in-ur-face hardcore and actually make it work! that's the thing i really wish i knew how to do; you have to really think outside the box to do that

Satan To You
12-20-2006, 06:42 AM
So I heard a skillet song last night on a local radio station, which being from the trash/death metal scene I've never heard it before, but I picked up on a couple riffs and liked the mic effects. Now, Im not going to say skillet sucks, because they don't, but they would be 10 times better if they strayed away from the whole Christian rock scene because as soon as I did the research and looked them up I immediatly lost respect in them. In fact, the one song I did like, I don't think I can listen to anymore because of all the god "i love you" crap. Well, Im never gonna check this site again, just felt like p***ing some people off.

neb0789
12-26-2006, 12:13 PM
hey, that's not a very nice thing to be saying. its a shame you think that way.

DarkestRose
12-28-2006, 02:48 PM
THEY PLAY CHRISTIAN ROCK. Why is it your business anyway? If you are not a fan or don't respect them or whatever, don't be coming on here to tell the rest of us that do respect them that they're suckie. Go back to your roots, don't disturb ours.
We can like what we like, and you're intitled to the same.
That person hit me at the wrong time....

I think the poster wanted a reaction. I think it would be wiser to just not comment at all, especially in anger. If the poster doesn't like Skillet because Skillet loves God, that so be it.

And the poster did not state that Skillet "sucks." The poster stated that they were a good band, but would be better if they did not play Christian rock. The poster also did not state that we shouldn't like Skillet.

The entire point of the post was to get people angry and you kinda just gave them what they wanted.

skilletguy209
12-28-2006, 04:53 PM
Skillet's newest album, Comatose, really makes me feel like I want to be so passionate for God. Better than Drugs especially makes me want to serve God as good as I can. I love that album so much.

john316
12-28-2006, 05:52 PM
I think the poster wanted a reaction. I think it would be wiser to just not comment at all, especially in anger. If the poster doesn't like Skillet because Skillet loves God, that so be it.

And the poster did not state that Skillet "sucks." The poster stated that they were a good band, but would be better if they did not play Christian rock. The poster also did not state that we shouldn't like Skillet.

The entire point of the post was to get people angry and you kinda just gave them what they wanted.

I think for the most part you are right...i gave it some thought before i went ahead and allowed that post through...and for some of the same reasons that Jen gave...but i also thought they should know that their opinion is welcome here as long as it is done in a civil way.

I was my hope that if they would return to read this they would see responses that reinforce the message that the cd is trying to convey.

DarkestRose
12-28-2006, 09:56 PM
I think for the most part you are right...i gave it some thought before i went ahead and allowed that post through...and for some of the same reasons that Jen gave...but i also thought they should know that their opinion is welcome here as long as it is done in a civil way.

I was my hope that if they would return to read this they would see responses that reinforce the message that the cd is trying to convey.

Initially, I hoped no one would respond because the poster wanted to have a series of posts telling him/her off. But when people did start responding I was hoping that people would just respond in friendship and grace. My thoughts were that, if someone who obviously isn't a Christian posts here and gives a somewhat negative message, we should really reflect Christ to that person instead of getting defensive and bent-out-of-shape.

bubblesemm
12-29-2006, 06:38 AM
Skillet has really inspired me to get into music and to start playing keyboard and hopefully, later on, guitar. They have also inspired me to be in a Christian rock band.any body need a keyboardist?lol.