pizza brain
11-18-2006, 06:46 PM
The guys just rule, the most awesome growling/screaming type vocals ever

Arc Angle (http://www.eyeenvision.com/litterbox/herekittykitty.html)

the rocker
11-18-2006, 07:16 PM
lol, they're awesome! That's hilarious.

skilletfreak101
11-19-2006, 07:07 PM
screamo.............man i miss the good old days...when there was nirvana, silverchair, meat puppets, the presidents, alice in chains.........real music.

pizza brain
11-20-2006, 02:32 PM
Yeah Jonah 33,Skillet,Kutless, Seventh Day Slumber that isn't real music :P

skilletfreak101
11-20-2006, 03:47 PM
Yeah Jonah 33,Skillet,Kutless, Seventh Day Slumber that isn't real music :P
is any of that music screamo? NO!!!

pizza brain
11-20-2006, 03:54 PM
Are they good old days either? NO!

Shattered_Life
11-20-2006, 04:12 PM
*jaw drops*

Skillet's not REAL music?!?!

I'm going to die.

;D

skilletfreak101
11-21-2006, 12:50 PM
Are they good old days either? NO!
well actually, those bands are influenced alot by the "good old days." especially jonah33, and skillet.

pizza brain
11-21-2006, 01:01 PM
There aren't very many bands that aren't influenced in one way or another by them.

DustinRocks
11-26-2006, 09:56 AM
screamo.............man i miss the good old days...when there was nirvana, silverchair, meat puppets, the presidents, alice in chains.........real music.

weren't you like 8....

besides screamo helped to birth such bands as My Chemical Romance on there last 2 cds brought back full rock..

"The good ole" days of rock were that of Journey, Queen, Boston, Van Halen, AC/DC, The Stones and so on 75-85. Grunge was a fad. Just like pop punk/screamo/hardcore and so on. I remember when all the pop punkers put on tigh jeans and thick glasses to be emo.

I see more influence of NIN, and more nu-metal bands such as Linkin Park influence on Skillet. I see nothing from that grundge era in skillets current music. Maybe there first cd but thats about it.

DustinRocks
11-26-2006, 10:01 AM
well actually, those bands are influenced alot by the "good old days." especially jonah33, and skillet.

come on...... thats a cop out just admit you may have been a bit brash when making that statement.

skilletfreak101
11-26-2006, 02:33 PM
come on...... thats a cop out just admit you may have been a bit brash when making that statement.
actually it's not. jonah33 is very "grunge"-like...especially on their first cd. it sounds beautiful. and skillet's first cd is also like that, seeing how it was recorded in the mid 90's.

skilletfreak101
11-26-2006, 02:35 PM
weren't you like 8....

besides screamo helped to birth such bands as My Chemical Romance on there last 2 cds brought back full rock..

"The good ole" days of rock were that of Journey, Queen, Boston, Van Halen, AC/DC, The Stones and so on 75-85. Grunge was a fad. Just like pop punk/screamo/hardcore and so on. I remember when all the pop punkers put on tigh jeans and thick glasses to be emo.

I see more influence of NIN, and more nu-metal bands such as Linkin Park influence on Skillet. I see nothing from that grundge era in skillets current music. Maybe there first cd but thats about it.
if grunge was a fad...then what do you think screamo is? emo/screamo is more of a fad than grunge ever was. and yes i was like 8, but i still love the music from that era and always will

DustinRocks
11-26-2006, 11:03 PM
i agree screamo is a FAD. I'm just a rocker old school.

somasoul
11-28-2006, 04:19 AM
I used to run sound a local venue. All these screamo bands, young kids would play. I like screamo but some it was painful. Some of these kids, nearly all of them, thought that screaming meant you didn't have to sing or know how to hold a key. You can scream in key you know.