alienyouth9292
11-20-2006, 01:32 PM
ok, ok....i know that there is a thread for nintendo, but i think that this belongs in a thread of its own. i desperatley want a wii for christmas:o . it looks soooo unique and cool. so panhead gamers, is there any interesting info that you have about this awesome new system? also, if you own a nintendo wii, please post your thoughts about it. thanx!!

fifi la bomba
11-20-2006, 01:43 PM
that controller looks so cool! if i had a ps3, i would totally want one (at least i think that's the system it's for). virtual reality, my friends. virtual reality...

alienyouth9292
11-21-2006, 04:09 AM
that controller looks so cool! if i had a ps3, i would totally want one (at least i think that's the system it's for). virtual reality, my friends. virtual reality...

what are u talking about?? the remote controller is for the nintendo wii only!

Tromos
11-21-2006, 05:02 AM
I gotta admit. It looks pretty sick.

I'm not a console gamer. I haven't owned a console system since the original Sega Genesis back in the mid-90s. I have a first-edition Atari 2600 with working joysticks out in the garage. ::]

But the Wii looks sweet. Golf, tennis ... dude that wand rocks.

fire-inside
11-21-2006, 06:03 AM
The Wii looks cool. Sure. What with that fancy Wiimote and gaming concept and all. But. <geeksout>The Wii should be trembling in fear when faced with the PS3. What with it's motion sensor Sixaxis controller, Playstation online store, WiFi web browsing capabilities, PSP remote, along with audio and video encoder and player. Not to mention Resistance: Fall of Man. Take that Wii.</geeksout>

Plus.. Nintendo makes sissy games.

dieingdaylight
11-21-2006, 06:09 AM
The Wii looks cool. Sure. What with that fancy Wiimote and gaming concept and all. But. <geeksout>The Wii should be trembling in fear when faced with the PS3. What with it's motion sensor Sixaxis controller, Playstation online store, WiFi web browsing capabilities, PSP remote, along with audio and video encoder and player. Not to mention Resistance: Fall of Man. Take that Wii.</geeksout>

ouch....

i agree with you.....

skynes
11-21-2006, 07:20 AM

Yes... lets all fear the stupidly expensive console that most people can't afford... Fear its insanely pricey games... Fear it... Oh yes fear the fact that Sony have refused to publish a number on how many of them had to be returned due to Disc drive flaws...

Be afraid nintendo, your cheap consoles day will soon be numbered

zeroneff
11-21-2006, 08:53 AM
I have it I camp out of target
The grafix are as good as ps3 but there better that the first xbox um I play's nice Um one you play it you never wanna go back
nintendo did a relly good job
I have zelda TP it is loooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg
I'm a wolf....and well play it you'll find out

ChildOfChrist
11-21-2006, 09:58 AM
umm...not a big Wii fan. To be honest, I can't even consider it a gaming console. It's more of a toy. I like Nintendo's innovation obsession, but I wish they'd done an actual console. The DS was cool, because it didn't replace the GBA. But this new remote and nunchuck thing completely erases them from proper gaming. And unfortunately, I must agree. Nintendo just doesn't make games the way they used to. Twilight Princess was a disapointment, and I can't imagine playing Super Smash brothers or Metroid with a remote control in my hand.

fifi la bomba
11-21-2006, 10:09 AM
i don't really like any system except for nintendo... my neighbor has a ps1 and 2 and it's fun to play (i like spyro and crash and stuff like that) but i still like nintendo games teh best. mario is a classic and donkey kong is the bomb, so no matter what they come out with, i think i'll like nintendo better than sony...

however, speaking of weird controllers, you guys have seen the steering-wheel for racing games right? not new or anything, but it's pretty sweet to play mario grand prix with that bad boy....

zeroneff
11-21-2006, 12:13 PM
Ok when you play it you don't even notice that you are using a wiimote and nunchuck

drumchick101
11-21-2006, 12:44 PM
Yes... lets all fear the stupidly expensive console that most people can't afford... Fear its insanely pricey games... Fear it... Oh yes fear the fact that Sony have refused to publish a number on how many of them had to be returned due to Disc drive flaws...

Be afraid nintendo, your cheap consoles day will soon be numbered

Amen. I've always liked nintendo better. Not to mention, spending $600 on video games kind of gives me a headache to think about, plus the games are $80. Perhaps I'm just not a hardcore gamer.

><sarah><

alienyouth9292
11-21-2006, 01:47 PM
umm...not a big Wii fan. To be honest, I can't even consider it a gaming console. It's more of a toy. I like Nintendo's innovation obsession, but I wish they'd done an actual console. The DS was cool, because it didn't replace the GBA. But this new remote and nunchuck thing completely erases them from proper gaming. And unfortunately, I must agree. Nintendo just doesn't make games the way they used to. Twilight Princess was a disapointment, and I can't imagine playing Super Smash brothers or Metroid with a remote control in my hand.

you're right....it is not a gaming console.....it is a next-generation gaming console;D . it is beyond anything else out there. the ps3 cool and all, but in 3 years everyone will want a new system. nintendo has always broken the mold; the wii is the next chapter. the overall gameplay of it is beyond anything else!!!

zeroneff
11-21-2006, 03:18 PM
you're right....it is not a gaming console.....it is a next-generation gaming console;D . it is beyond anything else out there. the ps3 cool and all, but in 3 years everyone will want a new system. nintendo has always broken the mold; the wii is the next chapter. the overall gameplay of it is beyond anything else!!!
YOu are so right

fire-inside
11-21-2006, 04:27 PM
The insane price is the only thing, as far as I'm concerned, the PS3 has against it. I think anyone who is willing to dish out $600 for a gaming console obviously has no better way to spend their money. The inexpensive price is the only thing the Wii has going for it.

alienyouth9292
11-22-2006, 04:32 PM
The insane price is the only thing, as far as I'm concerned, the PS3 has against it. I think anyone who is willing to dish out $600 for a gaming console obviously has no better way to spend their money. The inexpensive price is the only thing the Wii has going for it.

how can you say that???>:( :o the wii may not have the graphics that the ps3 has, but it is unique and cool...who wouldn't want to use a remote as a sword or gun? show me where the ps3 beats that!!:azn:

terrasin
11-22-2006, 04:51 PM
Sony wasn't very smart making the PS3 Blu-Ray. They are having a major issue getting the mass amounts of diodes to meet demand. Plus, they released before they had enough to meet demands. This isn't even including that blu-ray games will cost nearly twice as much to make and sell once they are done hyping the system and start looking to make a profit.

As far as the PS3 vs Wii... more and more of the major game companies are looking to release on Wii simply because of the controller. This means that quite a few games will be on all 3 systems. And while PS3 may have the graphics, Wii has the fun factor added which, in my opinion, is the more important factor. I'm just hoping Square Enix moves back to Nintendo and rereleases Chrono Trigger with updated graphics.

CJ

alienyouth9292
11-22-2006, 07:13 PM
the wii is new and cool and surprising....the ps3 and xbox360 are just walking the same path of consoles. man, i hope i can get one for christmas!!!!!!

unshakeable15
11-24-2006, 11:52 AM
Two words that make me want to own a Wii so much!

Lightsaber Duels.

You know they're gonna make a Star Wars game for the Wii (if it's not already in the works, or, better yet, already made and ready for market), and when they do, they would be twits not to use the Wii's capabilities for a lightsaber.

alienyouth9292
11-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Two words that make me want to own a Wii so much!

Lightsaber Duels.

You know they're gonna make a Star Wars game for the Wii (if it's not already in the works, or, better yet, already made and ready for market), and when they do, they would be twits not to use the Wii's capabilities for a lightsaber.

oh, man......that would be awesome!!!:evil:

skynes
11-26-2006, 01:51 PM
I'm just hoping Square Enix moves back to Nintendo and rereleases Chrono Trigger with updated graphics.

*would adore that* It'll more than likely be released on the virtual console at some point.

I think the Gamecube was a flop console. It sold yeah, but it had nothing spectacular about it. I believe it flopped because nintendo followed what the other companies did and released a tanked up console.

GC is a souped up N64.

Now the rival companies are continuing that strategy, release more of the same with better graphics.

Nintendo says: Screw that, we'll do what we do best. Our own thing.

They gave birth to the Wii.

I have my Wii pre-ordered. So on Dec 8th I can walk in and pick me up a lovely Wii complete with TP.

skilletfreak101
11-26-2006, 04:59 PM
i think the wii looks amazing. it's different...unlike the ps3 and 360

zeroneff
11-26-2006, 05:52 PM
The wii is so fun to play even my dad who dosent like video games likes it (he say's it keeps me off the couch) We played wii sports for hours!!!

TP is the most amazing game yet for rhe wii I can't wait for metroid prime 3

So just to let yall know this is my 06 top 3 wish list
Tony Hawk downhill jam
Trama Center: SO
GT pro

skilletfreak101
11-26-2006, 06:37 PM
the new super smash bros game alone makes me want to get a wii. ssb are like the greatest games ever made

zeroneff
11-27-2006, 05:14 PM
WEll are you going to get it?

skilletfreak101
11-28-2006, 06:22 PM
WEll are you going to get it?
probably not any time soon, since i have more important things to buy than video games at the moment, but if i do ever decide to get a console, it's definately going to be a Wii

fifi la bomba
11-29-2006, 06:48 AM
wii looks totally sick! and ye-ah! lightsabers, what? :afro:

totally sweet.... i wonder if they'll do another lego starwars for the wii? that's one of the best games ever!8)

lee
11-30-2006, 05:02 PM
i like the wii, but i doesn't seem like something i would fall in love with....

fifi la bomba
12-01-2006, 07:02 AM
why not? who wouldn't want to play video games with 'virtual-reality nunchucks'? driving games would be a little difficult i think, but role-playing games with swords and stuff like that would be so much fun!! like the next thing to invent would be a helmet that you see the game thru, and then we're basically to the point of gaming that sci-fi movies have been advertising for the last twenty years! the wii is a HUGE step in the gaming process! it's absolutely phenomenal!

Quadripedman
12-04-2006, 08:16 AM

Mkay, whatever. one: wii has a freaking REMOTE!!!! point and click, nt some stupid, turn and do nothing. nintendo has an online store and and direct compatabelity to ds, and it has an mp3-ish player thing.

check out red steel and tell me that nintendo makes sissy games. and lz:tp and ssb:b cant WAIT!!!...

Quadripedman
12-04-2006, 08:19 AM
wii looks totally sick! and ye-ah! lightsabers, what? :afro:

totally sweet.... i wonder if they'll do another lego starwars for the wii? that's one of the best games ever!8)

no, better (if possible) than lego star wars, would be the sw:battlefront series. i CANT WAIT to snipe droids with the wiimote...and lightsaber battles are gunna rule!!!

shoot-em-up games are gunna totally p0wn on the wii. you dont have to aim, just point and shoot. DIE JEDI! :evil:

theinvaded
12-08-2006, 01:36 AM
So far, the only game that has me interested in Nintendo's new console is Zelda. And since that's being released on my Gamecube as well in another week, I'd rather skip buying a Wii right now.

And I think the ps3 is awesome, but yes, too expensive for me at this time. I'll consider it next year.

So the system I'm actually considering settling for is an Xbox360. Gears of War looks SICK, and I'd also like to try Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. And I've yet to even play Halo 1 or 2, both games I'm pretty sure I'd love.

Tromos
12-08-2006, 04:52 AM
Well, if you're playing the Nintendo Wii with a group, be prepared to duck.

fifi la bomba
12-08-2006, 10:02 AM
hahaha i wonder how many wii-related injuries will occur before the end of next year: concussions, blindness, broken teeth....

alienyouth9292
12-08-2006, 12:38 PM
yea. nintendo will probably get sueded by someone sooner or later!!

zeroneff
12-11-2006, 02:38 PM
Skynes did you get you're wii?

alienyouth9292
12-11-2006, 06:34 PM
where can u get them??? they are sold out everywhere in north carolina....i want one bad!!

skilletfreak101
12-11-2006, 07:09 PM
my friend just got a wii...i play it at his house like every day :-P. i'm so syked for the new SUPER SMASH BROS!!!!!!

Tromos
12-15-2006, 05:54 AM
Well, it happened.

3.2 million Wii straps recalled.

http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/20061215/D8M19UPG0.html

zeroneff
12-25-2006, 07:29 AM
Hello yall I writing from my wii
marry christmas!!!:P

NightCrawler
12-25-2006, 10:22 AM
I'm not a console gamer. I haven't owned a console system since the original Sega Genesis back in the mid-90s. I have a first-edition Atari 2600 with working joysticks out in the garage. ::]
How much will ya sell it for? :)

alienyouth9292
12-26-2006, 03:29 PM
okay, i got a wii. there is already a problem with my wireless network updates on the wii:

about 40 percent through my second update, it froze up. i didn't really know what i was doing when i set up the internet settings. it is set on a linksys network that is stationed somewhere in our neighborhood(it is not OUR network. we don't even have one). on my laptop, the network signal is gone, and it usually stays on. i don't know what to do. i can't even get out of the updating screen or the screen where it asks you your country.....

alienyouth9292
12-26-2006, 03:30 PM
Please Help Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alienyouth9292
12-26-2006, 06:56 PM
okay...okay....*sigh* i fixed it.

zeroneff
12-27-2006, 06:50 AM
what you do...

alienyouth9292
12-27-2006, 07:37 AM
i simply just restarted my wii and tried the update again.

Tromos
12-27-2006, 08:17 PM
How much will ya sell it for? :)

Admittedly, it's my wife's and she's unreasonably attached to it. >:(

skynes
12-28-2006, 07:58 AM
i simply just restarted my wii and tried the update again.

ROFL!! That would have been the first thing I would suggest...

So how are you enjoying the Wii?

zeroneff
12-28-2006, 02:33 PM
Skyness did you get a wii?

skynes
12-29-2006, 04:57 AM
Skyness did you get a wii?

Hell yeah! I preordered my Wii back in August!

*mumbles about people still misspelling his name*

zeroneff
12-29-2006, 08:51 AM
Hell yeah! I preordered my Wii back in August!

*mumbles about people still misspelling his name*
Oh Im sorry,
so what have you played;D

skynes
12-29-2006, 09:08 AM
Twilight Princess, Wii Play and Wii sport.

That's all I got cause I wasn't impressed with the release games.

zeroneff
12-29-2006, 01:58 PM
Twilight Princess, Wii Play and Wii sport.

That's all I got cause I wasn't impressed with the release games.
some of them were not as good **NFS:Carbon** im saving up for Sonic, Metriod Prime 3, Mario Galaxy, SSBB...

You got Wii Play Lucky...;)

skynes
12-29-2006, 02:46 PM
some of them were not as good **NFS:Carbon** im saving up for Sonic, Metriod Prime 3, Mario Galaxy, SSBB...

You got Wii Play Lucky...;)

Only reason I got it was that it came with a remote! The game itself is nothing great, just a bunch of tutorial games that teach you how to use the remote.

Tromos
12-30-2006, 06:17 AM
Have you managed to hit weebird in the head with the remote yet? ;D

skynes
12-30-2006, 09:22 AM

Lol, no. We've managed to avoid all and any incidents involving the remote and the TV.

To be perfectly honest I think this strap recall thing's a load of nonsense. It's a bunch of idiots swinging their arms around too hard! It's not supposed to be swung full force, but nooooooo they just have to.

zeroneff
12-30-2006, 12:56 PM
I agree thair just making nintendo look bad

alienyouth9292
12-31-2006, 11:47 AM
i like my wii. i got Zelda TP and of course wii sports. it is lots of fun, though i'm not really impressed by the swordplay in Zelda. It's still fun...

skynes
01-03-2007, 06:32 AM
i like my wii. i got Zelda TP and of course wii sports. it is lots of fun, though i'm not really impressed by the swordplay in Zelda. It's still fun...

What's wrong with TP's swordplay?

Thing I adored about TP is how similar it is to OOT, music, art style, music, enemies, music. I think TP was worth the hype it got.

weebird20
01-03-2007, 08:45 AM

im too short...if Scott threw the remote...it wud just fly over my head :P lol...

i wondered about this strap recall thing too...when Scott got his Wii...that Friday night we played it almost all night at a friends and even with constant play and our hands sweating....not once did the remotes slip out of our hands...

1nonlyjen
01-05-2007, 01:04 PM
the first time I heard that name I started laughing because I thought of Laura. . . and then people stared at me for laughing out loud at nothing so I stopped.

weebird20
01-10-2007, 01:46 AM
you thought of me!? heehee...

...to have a console named after me...now that wud be cool :)

zeroneff
01-11-2007, 02:06 PM
Send mii you're mii
w0502056356847552@wii.com
this is my wii

Nedarbi
01-28-2007, 03:44 PM
hello wii owners. i have had my nintendo wii for about 2 weeks now and i love it. i have "wii sports" and "zelda" and they are both amazing. the one thing i havent tried yet is making wii friends. so all my Mii's are lonely:( . so here is an invitation to be my wii friend. i find it kinda dumb that they make you exchange wii numbers to make wii friends but as long as i can its cool. so basically if you want to be my wii friend to chat or exchange Mii's with, then private message me with your wii number and i will pm you back with mine

ps: for all you lady wii owners out there.........i am pretty hansome 8) . lol

alienyouth9292
03-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Send mii you're mii
w0502056356847552@wii.com
this is my wii

i'll try to add u!!:D

my Wii Online Code: 6893-8478-5967-8729