Aaron Graves
11-23-2006, 05:35 PM
Does anyone know where i could buy a GMP guitar online??

pizza brain
11-23-2006, 05:46 PM
Try here
http://instruments.search.ebay.com/GMP-guitars_Musical-Instruments_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8QQsacatZ619QQsubmits earchZSearch

DustinRocks
11-24-2006, 01:19 PM
get ready they are almost all over $1800. And out of production so value has gone way up.

panheadko
11-29-2006, 03:08 PM
Yeah I just bought a GMP Elite Bass about a month ago.....they are pricey but so worth it....it is nothing short of amazing....better than any Warwick, Ernie Ball, you name it....It's definitely my lead Axe.

DustinRocks
11-30-2006, 10:50 PM
I'd disagree...

GMPS are ok...

They finish is cool.... but thats about it...

The Modulus we use in my studio owns any GMP..

John also pulls the same sound out of his Traben which run for under $1,000.

edit: not to discourage you just stating my opinion.

I'd rather havea dual humbucker earnie ball

Aaron Graves
12-09-2006, 08:24 AM
yeah the traben he's got is only about $600

terrasin
12-09-2006, 02:03 PM
The Traben is very nice, but I don't think it sounds as nice as the GMP does. The GMP has much better electronics than John's Traben. But we'll put it this way, if I didn't think that Traben wasn't the best on the market now that GMP is closed, I wouldn't be getting one.

CJ

Aaron Graves
12-11-2006, 09:55 AM
yeah i agree..
i like GMP alot better..
the only guitar i would put higher than GMP would be zion..

DustinRocks
12-11-2006, 09:46 PM
I think Zion is over rated. They seem like one trick pony guitars. I've only seen new age cats use them. I dig on Warriors a whole lot. I almost bought a PRS but I would have to change the pick ups asap.

Aaron Graves
12-14-2006, 06:49 PM
the most amazing guitarists i have ever met are playin zion.
and if you think an all costum guitar is over rated..
then you must be playin some crappy peice of junk..

DustinRocks
12-14-2006, 07:30 PM
I'm endorsed by Hagstrom but before that I played tons of guitars Fenders, Gibson, Ibanez, Godins, Yamahas and Carvins. I currently also play a Fender American Strat with a single custom wound humbucker. I love my Hagstrom Super Swede clean pick ups low hum even when on a boogie or Peavey XXX. The guitar cost about $800. It's the same guitar played by such artist as Pat Smeere of the Germs and the dude from Panic At The Disco.

I'm on a tour with a band Press Play. While being on this tour I've learned your amp will give your tone its shape way more than the guitar. I rent two vintage VoxAC30's. And if they arent avaliable Two new Vox AC30s. Believe you me they sound comepletely differant when running the new AC30's I have to run a 7-band eq in my FX chain.

By the way tone has nothing to do with how good you play. Hendrix played out of tune and his tone was dreadful and so over fuzzed you couldn't even hear half the notes on his live recordings. But was he anything short of amazing.... no.

Reggie wooten plays a Squire Strat and PEavey BAndit and sounds incredible. Its in your hands and if you need a $5,000 guitar to sound good quit.

I've been in the studio and on the road for the past 2 years I know what I'm talking about.

By the way smarty pants you completely miss quoted me. I said I've only seen new age cats play those guitars. Learn to read before you post. Its makes you look like you don't have good sense.

skilletfreak101
12-14-2006, 07:40 PM
I'm endorsed by Hagstrom but before that I played tons of guitars Fenders, Gibson, Ibanez, Godins, Yamahas and Carvins. I currently also play a Fender American Strat with a single custom wound humbucker. I love my Hagstrom Super Swede clean pick ups low hum even when on a boogie or Peavey XXX. The guitar cost about $800. It's the same guitar played by such artist as Pat Smeere of the Germs and the dude from Panic At The Disco.

I'm on a tour with a band Press Play. While being on this tour I've learned your amp will give your tone its shape way more than the guitar. I rent two vintage VoxAC30's. And if they arent avaliable Two new Vox AC30s. Believe you me they sound comepletely differant when running the new AC30's I have to run a 7-band eq in my FX chain.

By the way tone has nothing to do with how good you play. Hendrix played out of tune and his tone was dreadful and so over fuzzed you couldn't even hear half the notes on his live recordings. But was he anything short of amazing.... no.

Reggie wooten plays a Squire Strat and PEavey BAndit and sounds incredible. Its in your hands and if you need a $5,000 guitar to sound good quit.

I've been in the studio and on the road for the past 2 years I know what I'm talking about.

By the way smarty pants you completely miss quoted me. I said I've only seen new age cats play those guitars. Learn to read before you post. Its makes you look like you don't have good sense.
preach it brother!

DustinRocks
12-15-2006, 08:09 AM
PS: Ty Tabor (sp?) or whatever who is currently endorsed by Zion guitars played yamaha until 2003 and if he played a yamaha does that mean we should play yamaha. If so I'm doing rad. Because I have played 2 yamahas over the past 5 year span of my music career.

Aaron Graves
05-26-2007, 01:07 PM
i've played all those guitars that you listed and i still think any of my Zions could could top 'em.
but thats just my opion..
we all like diffrent styles and diffrent guitars.
and my dad is indorsed by zion.
thats why i stick up for those guitars..
i don't care what you say zion will always be my favorite!

nsvol
05-26-2007, 05:59 PM
they stopped making GMP guitars.......i guess thats why Skillet is now playing PRS

Aaron Graves
05-27-2007, 10:36 AM
i know that..
thats kinda why i wanna get my hands on one..lol

Joelle
05-27-2007, 11:41 AM
how much do PRS guitars cost??

terrasin
05-28-2007, 08:33 AM
About $3500 or more

skilletfreak101
05-28-2007, 08:35 AM
they usually cost about 2 grand or higher. they do have SE models which are stripped down versions of the more expensive PRS models, and those usually cost around $600, but from what i've played and felt, they really aren't that great. i think if you're going to get an SE, just get a schecter because those are around the same price and they are waaaaaaaaaay better. i myself own a Schecter C-1 plus, which I bought over a PRS SE....but someday i want a custom PRS...it's my dream guitar.

Joelle
05-28-2007, 06:10 PM
oh...my...goodnes...that is like a billion dollars...don't people understand that young people like us (the aspiring muscians) don't have that much money...they could be a "little" nicer and cheaper..

skilletfreak101
05-28-2007, 09:05 PM
oh...my...goodnes...that is like a billion dollars...don't people understand that young people like us (the aspiring muscians) don't have that much money...they could be a "little" nicer and cheaper..
all i can say is...you get what you pay for. you pay $4000 for a PRS...it's going to be fricking AMAZING!!