petrameansrock
11-23-2006, 07:46 PM
Any of y'all in a marching band? If so, what music are you playing?

I play the bari sax and were playing music from the Jekyll and Hyde musical...very good music. Check it out.

Anybody?

skilltroks
11-23-2006, 08:19 PM
I play flute. This was only the second or so year my high school has had a marching band, so the themes/shows are not real well written yet.

BarlowgIRL
11-23-2006, 08:33 PM
I'm in guard. We're doing "Landmarks of the Literature". Oo! We have a performance next Saturday too!

breakthesilence
12-01-2006, 06:56 AM
i used to be in marching band... it was awesome. the first year my school had a marching band was my freshman year but then my school was retarded and decided to cut the position of the teacher who was the marching band director and even though they changed their minds he had already decided to go get his masters. so pretty much... we don't have a marching band anymore. well we do but it's not as good. our director was amazing. we did... wow a lot of different things. tv show theme songs, 70's, 80's, jesus christ superstar, gospel music, country/folk, lots more i can't remember. the one thing we didnt' do that i wish we would have is star wars. that would have been sweet. we could have made like a darth vader formation and like all different things... haha.

the rocker
12-04-2006, 11:50 AM
I play alto sax. Band's pretty fun, for the most part. We get to go on all kinds of trips and stuff. We've been to Phillidelphia, New York City, and last year Washington DC.

Quadripedman
12-08-2006, 01:18 PM
im only in junior high (7th grade) and our band is REALLY small (only like 25 people) but im second chair and im gunna be first next year. Our (highschool) marching band went to state and got 10th (out of 10 :'(). were playing ukranian bell carol, silent night, santa's classical christmas, and the little drumer boy/bolaro for the christmas concert. We arent as good this year, but next year we shall p0wn. our marching band has gone to state 16 (i think) years in a row :P

brittany
12-10-2006, 12:44 PM
I play percussion which means anything that bangs! It's a lot of fun to play diffrent instruments in this group it's hard but I love it!!!!!!

BarlowgIRL
12-10-2006, 02:49 PM
Our last field show was yesterday! *tear* Now comes winterguard! I wanted to join winterdrumline but our band director won't let me and tries to get me to play anything but that for concert season. I don't think he gets that all I want to do is bang something hard!

fryingpan
12-10-2006, 02:58 PM
*gasp* AAAAHHHHHHHH ive never known another bari sax player ecept the ones in my MB...if you didnt get the hint i play bari sax

our marchin show was written by key paulan (sp) it was a fun show

pep band starts on monday first game we play at :O

love michael