saulg
11-28-2006, 02:03 PM
Hey guys! i'm looking forward to buy a christian contemporary music INSTRUMENTAL CD for my dad, he likes some of my music, but because, as most of you know, i'm from Guatemala, and my dad cant understand english, so i dont know if maybe someone could tell me a good band or cd with instrumental music.... maybe some Rock, blues, jazz etc... orchestras or something...

...help me plz!!!

terrasin
11-28-2006, 05:29 PM
If he's into piano, Jim Brickman's cds are great. They are more along the contemporary side and some of the songs have lyrics, but the majority is him and his piano.

CJ

saulg
11-29-2006, 03:57 AM
Hey thanks! i already had a couple of songs from him froma sampler... nice songs, i will get the CD...

Anything else?

terrasin
11-29-2006, 01:33 PM
I can't think of too many instrumental cds with a Christian label attatched. Mainly because there is no substance but music to the song. I would check out some movie soundtracks.

kittygirl
11-30-2006, 09:59 AM
Jessie Cook. He's not Christian...but to tell you the truth, if there are no words, it doesn't really matter.

Alberto Rivera

unshakeable15
11-30-2006, 12:57 PM
Not fully an instrumental band, and not Christian label either (but they are Christians), Nickelcreek has some great instrumental stuff. It's blue grass style (acoustic guitar, violin, mandolin); i don't like blue grass, but i love their stuff.

myspace.com/nickelcreek (www.myspace.com/nickelcreek)

nickelcreek.com (www.nickelcreek.com)

Tanel
11-30-2006, 01:53 PM
The best instrumental cd EVER is Michael W. Smith "Freedom", seriously, it will blow you away!

terrasin
11-30-2006, 06:10 PM
Nothing by MWS blows me away... :P

CJ

Grunge=Fun
12-11-2006, 09:38 AM
I really wouldn't know any christian labeled artists that are instrumental. If you are into some amazing technicality you should get a Liquid Tension Experiment cd. It's all instrumental and its absolutely amazing :-D

Aaron Graves
12-11-2006, 09:42 AM
well if you are into piano..
i have a friend that is amazing and he's coming out with his new christmas CD.
but if you don't want a x-mas CD he also has just a musical album with no vocals..
give me a message if your intrested..

Aaron Graves
12-11-2006, 09:44 AM
hahaha CJ..

Nothing by MWS blows me away...

it's so true..
sorry if i affended anyone..

saulg
03-06-2007, 07:02 AM
jajajaj... i learned to play piano wih mws songs! i really dont care, i havent heard anything from him in years.... so.. anything else?? someone else could give me another name??? plzzzz

timmyrotter
03-06-2007, 08:06 AM
lil john has some nice instrumental stuff...

I Bite
03-06-2007, 09:53 AM
I like the Lord of the Ring soundtracks....They're pretty much all instrumental.

eowyn
03-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Oh, George Winston is absolutely amazing. He is more of a folk pianist..not a Christian label, but he is fabulous. He's performed at my little backwoods university twice in a row. He plays in white socks and jeans. He is so humble in his performance but such beautiful music comes from his hands! You can hear some samples of his music at www.amazon.com.

DarkestRose
03-06-2007, 08:27 PM
I read about him in Donald Miller's book "Prayer and the art of Volkswagen Maintenance."

eowyn
03-07-2007, 08:27 AM
Really? I'll have to check that book out ;)

bob
03-07-2007, 07:08 PM
but to tell you the truth, if there are no words, it doesn't really matter.

That's true. There's no such thing as a "Christian" note. An A# is just an A# and so on and so forth . . . you can't go wrong with instrumental music. :)

PlayAtari2600
03-08-2007, 11:53 AM
Film soundtracks make for amazing instrumental listens, particularly if they're by a good composer(obviously). For film soundtracks I would highly recommend Chronicles of Narnia by Harry Gregson-Williams.
For actual instrumental stuff, I am a huge fan of Trans-Siberian Orchestra, although to be fair they do have vocals on a fair amount of songs, but nothing obscene. On the contrary, their lyrics skew spiritual on multiple tracks.