Vuren
12-01-2006, 12:24 AM
i have a friend who wants to believe in god and that jesus died on the cross for their sins. But one thing that's holding them back is the face that they are homosexual, they've done things before and they keep trying to resist the urges but can't. It makes the person sick, i mean i could keep saying how much it makes them sick but it wouldn't help explain it much more.

DarkestRose
12-01-2006, 01:16 AM
I suppose that, if he believes, the best thing to do would just be to come to Jesus as-is. One doesn't have to be rid of all their sins and bad habits before coming to Jesus. If that were the case, nobody would be able to receive redemption. I don't know if, by saying it makes the person feel sick, you mean that person feels repentant, but God can help that person through the issue of homosexuality just like He helps people through anything else.

skynes
12-01-2006, 03:38 AM
i have a friend who wants to believe in god and that jesus died on the cross for their sins. But one thing that's holding them back is the face that they are homosexual, they've done things before and they keep trying to resist the urges but can't. It makes the person sick, i mean i could keep saying how much it makes them sick but it wouldn't help explain it much more.

It sounds like they want to clean up their life BEFORE coming to Christ, which is the wrong way round. You go to Him first then He helps clean you up!

Give him the 10 commandments. Bring him through all 10 and show him that even without his gay desires hes already a sinner bound for hell. Show him that everyone else on earth is also, which is why Christ came to die.

theelectric3
12-01-2006, 01:10 PM
Jennifer and Scott both said it so well...

so i support their words to you regarding your friend. remember, homosexuality is not the "worst sin"... God is not scared of it. just like lying, hate, murder, envy... He wants us Home. and from there, He will begin to help us.

NightCrawler
12-01-2006, 06:04 PM
God purifies. If man could alone, why would Jesus die on the cross?

MeNtAlCaSe
12-04-2006, 07:12 AM
On our own, we can't resist temptation. Christ used the Word of God. He approached sinners from least to most, as they were. AFTER salvation, He told them to go and sin no more. AFTER they became followers of Christ. Once we're followers, once the Spirit of God dwells within us, we can stand behind the Word, we can claim His power, His authority. We'll slip and fall periodically, in thought, word, and deed, but He will be there right beside us to pick us up and wash us off. Christ wants to wash us off, He doesn't require us to shower before coming into his presence.
The more we rely on His Word, His strength, the more victory will become the norm and the slips and falls the exception.

Let them know that Christ is waiting with open arms, and new clothes that He bought and paid for at Calvary.

skilletfreak101
12-04-2006, 11:10 AM
It sounds like they want to clean up their life BEFORE coming to Christ, which is the wrong way round. You go to Him first then He helps clean you up!

Give him the 10 commandments. Bring him through all 10 and show him that even without his gay desires hes already a sinner bound for hell. Show him that everyone else on earth is also, which is why Christ came to die.
amen dawg