TheFireBreathes
12-01-2006, 03:34 PM
I really don't know what to. My girlfriend and I have been together for two months now and we've only hung out about 8 times. I call her like every other day to see if she wants to hang out, but about an hour before we hang out she brings up some reason on why she can't. Before I lost count she had done it to me 16 times. It's so frusterating and it hurts because it's like she's just shoving my face in the dirt. The thing is, I don't even get excited anymore when I ask her to hang out and she sais yes, because I know that later on it's just gonna come up to that same painful 'no'.

I can't stand it. How much longer can I forgive her and keep saying stuff like "it's ok, we'll chill this weekend". I'm sick of being treated like this but yet I really like this girl and care for her...what do I do, what do I say?

lee
12-01-2006, 04:56 PM
ok,you care for this girl, and you will have to forgive her everytime she does this...you need to talk to her about your problem..she needs to understand that this is hurting you... maybe she's not telling you something..if all tries fail, then i would not blame you if you broke up with her..i'll pray for you...i wish for your girlfreind and you to stay together, breaking up should be the last resort... i hope everything works out...:):)..god bless..

TheFireBreathes
12-01-2006, 05:01 PM
awesome. thanks Matt, I'll try.

lee
12-01-2006, 06:20 PM
your very welcome...good luck dude...:)

BarlowgIRL
12-01-2006, 06:30 PM
hmm... It kinda sounds like she doesn't want to be with you. I dunno, try what lee said.

dawn of light
12-02-2006, 12:23 PM
Brett, I think Matt gave you some good advice. Talk to her about it, lovingly, tell her you love spending time with her and it hurts you when you make plans with her and she continually breaks them.

I think that what you do next depends upon her reaction. If she's genuinely sorry, she'll try to change what she's doing to you. It might take a while but you should be able to see some progress. If she seems like she doesn't care and/or makes excuses it might be good to re-evaluate the relationship and decide if that is something you can put up with or something that you'd rather live without.

Remember that forgiveness is not optional. God commands us to forgive. But there are a few things forgiveness is not: it's not denying that what she does hurts you and it's not necessarily keeping that person in the same place in your life.

If she's the kind of girl you want in your life, I'm sure she'll be understanding and make an effort to change. I'll pray for you and I hope everything works out between you two.