neb0789
12-03-2006, 05:28 PM
Does anyone think that Skillet will ever come out with a Christmas album?

DarkestRose
12-03-2006, 06:11 PM
I was joking about that today. Except I said that I thought a whole album would be kind of weird. Maybe a compilation album of hard rock/metal/etc. Christian artists. We could have Haste the Day, Underoath, Living Sacrifice, Skillet and Flyleaf. (Flyleaf even already has a single of "Do You Hear What I Hear" and there is the song "Lacey's Christmas Song." And Emery sings that song "The Last Christmas" on the album Taste of Christmas.)

Do I think they ever really would? Definitely maybe.

terrasin
12-03-2006, 06:15 PM
God I hope not. Christmas albums are usually the last leg of a bands career. Plus they are usually very tacky. I don't mind them so much at a concert, but not an album.

CJ

aliensoul_squire20
12-03-2006, 06:16 PM
I can't see Skillet coming out with a Christmas album. I just can't see it....

But, I think I could see them on a compilation Christmas cd. If that ever happened, I'd be buying my first ever Christmas cd ;D. Just, I wouldn't like to have it with living sacrifice and underoath :( .... sorry

neb0789
12-03-2006, 07:41 PM
i see where you are coming from CJ, but if they were to make one that wasn't tacky, i think it would be kinda cool, or even just on a compilation cd.

DarkestRose
12-03-2006, 08:04 PM
I can't see Skillet coming out with a Christmas album. I just can't see it....

But, I think I could see them on a compilation Christmas cd. If that ever happened, I'd be buying my first ever Christmas cd ;D. Just, I wouldn't like to have it with living sacrifice and underoath :( .... sorry

I kinda thought that way too, but figured it could be interesting, like an experiment. I probably wouldn't take the idea very seriously if it was someone else's, but it's kinda funny to think about. :P

timmyrotter
12-03-2006, 08:58 PM
haha i was gonna say that CJ

breakthesilence
12-05-2006, 01:24 PM
i really can't picture it...

*tries to picture it*

oh i just had a vision of them doing the song the little drummer boy. it's all soft and then all of a sudden, crash lori starts rocking out an amazing drum solo... haha that would be sweet....
maybe it's not so unimaginable after all... :P

just for kicks, if they did a christmas song/songs/album, what songs do you think they should do?

riz
12-05-2006, 04:18 PM
I always get a little déjà vu around this time of year...

alienyouth9292
12-05-2006, 05:46 PM
i don't think that it would sound that great. i mean, jon's voice in a christmas carol....thats when you know that skillet is needing money!!;D

neb0789
12-05-2006, 05:57 PM
you know, i suppose they wouldn't have to be christmas carols, they could write songs that are about christmas... and could still rock out some if they wanted to...

DarkestRose
12-05-2006, 11:18 PM
oh i just had a vision of them doing the song the little drummer boy. it's all soft and then all of a sudden, crash lori starts rocking out an amazing drum solo... haha that would be sweet....

That's kind of along the idea of what I was thinking. Now, this was thinking a part-joke part-this-could-be-a-neat-experiment kind of thing because, as a rule, I am not much into Christmas albums. I say "much" only because, I adore the Trans-Siberian Orchestra and they do great Christmas songs.

DustinRocks
12-07-2006, 02:14 PM
you know, i suppose they wouldn't have to be christmas carols, they could write songs that are about christmas... and could still rock out some if they wanted to...

that would be so just....... silly. I'd laugh my way through that album.

LeShep
12-11-2006, 12:53 PM
I think Korey has a soft beauitful voice she might be able to do it :)

aliensoul_squire20
12-11-2006, 07:54 PM

Haha... that would put a whole new twist on that song. going from little prum prum-prum prums to crash, boom, packaw!!!! don't ask about the puckaw.

Of course, they'd have to call it: "Little Drummer Boy (Rocking Drummer Chick Style)" ^_^

skilletfreak101
12-12-2006, 07:43 PM
Does anyone think that Skillet will ever come out with a Christmas album?
are you serious? that's something twisted sister does :-P.

pizza brain
12-12-2006, 09:03 PM
I would love it if Skillet did a good one ;D but that'll probably never happen :(