alorian
12-10-2006, 07:12 PM
Unlike the Mars Hill thread, this is for those who enjoy tattoos, to show yours, discuss yours, say which you want, etc. It's a thread... about tattoos! Pretty easy huh?

riz
12-10-2006, 09:51 PM
I've been perusing through many cross designs and have been longing to get one on my back for a while now. Almost did it in August when I visited my sister's in VA, a celtic design I had found, but then I got horribly sunburnt, and the tattooist didn't want to ruin the tattoo by placing it over the burn, which would eventually peel the newly-etched skin.

I hope to have it done when I have money saved up for new job (or have it be birthday present from someone nice!).

alorian
12-10-2006, 10:00 PM
My dad is *COUGHsupposedtobeCOUGH* drawing my tattoo for me, which I plan to get in a month or two.

It's a phoenix with a 'possible' cross behind it, but will more than likely just be the bird

riz
12-10-2006, 10:14 PM
That's a nice bit of symbolism, the phoenix. I'm assuming it'll be in full color? Whenever I get mine, I'll just have it monochrome, because I think it'll look better, and it'll be less expensive...

fire-inside
12-10-2006, 10:24 PM
I have five tattoos. And plan to get many, many more.

On my right wrist, I have a red star with a black outline. It was the first I got when I was eighteen. I plan to cover it up.

On my left bicep, I have a dove with the phrase "Wind beneath my wings" and the dates of my gramma's birth and death. Obviously, a memorial piece for her.

On my right bicep I have a very large Phantom of the Opera tattoo. It's designed from the costume worn in the play during the Masquerade scene when Phantom shows up as the Red Death.

On the inside of my right forearm I have a small 2x3 square that says Last Honest Look.

And finally, on the front of my right shoulder, is a small red heart - similar to the heart on the Used's In Love and Death. It says "hers" beside it.

That's all. For now.

alorian
12-11-2006, 12:16 PM
I've debated between something grey-scale and full color, and I'm leaning more toward full color, but I'll I'll see what my dad comes up with. I'm having him draw both.

cinnamonxspider
12-12-2006, 12:06 AM
oh man, i want to get in on this...i love tattoos so much, but i only have two right now, and cannot afford anymore.

while i would very much so love to describe my tattoos, i'd rather show pictures. take a look if you'd like.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b322/blackdaisyx/konstantinetattoo001.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b322/blackdaisyx/tattoooooo.jpg

BarlowgIRL
12-12-2006, 08:17 AM
I know I've said this before but I'm saying it again! ;) I want to get cupped hands catching tears on the left side of my lower back. My friend has a picture of it and when he emails it to me I'm gonna redraw it with scars on the wrists so it looks like Jesus' hands. And I wanna get a long stem rose running down the left side of my torso just cause I adore Crimson roses. That'll be in full color! And I'. thinking about getting another rose on my foot. And xXx either on my wrist or somewhere else.

fire-inside
12-12-2006, 11:27 PM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b322/blackdaisyx/konstantinetattoo001.jpg
I can't even say how bad I love this one. No.. I really can't.

Here's pictures of two of mine:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/fire-inside/phantomtattoo.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/fire-inside/P1010195.jpg

dawn of light
12-13-2006, 07:07 AM
I don't have any tattoos but I'd like to get one soon. I'm not sure what I want though.

My friends has a really beautiful one, it's a lily of the valley one her forearm with the verse Proverbs 31:30. On the front around the lily of the valley is says "charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting" and then on the inside of her arm it say "but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised". It's really beautiful, I love that tattoo.

kittygirl
12-13-2006, 12:36 PM
my friend Laura has a pretty Alice in Wonderland tatoo
My friend Matt has a star of David tattoed on his head. Beneath it, it has Jesus on the cross, but instead of blood, it has pinkish lights coming out, to represent that he has conquered death...

cinnamonxspider
12-13-2006, 12:52 PM
I can't even say how bad I love this one. No.. I really can't.

awww, thanks. it looks kind of weird in that picture, but the guy actually did a REALLY good job on it, especially considering where it was on my body.

alorian
12-13-2006, 04:49 PM
I agree with Rachel about that tattoo Daisy.

cinnamonxspider
12-13-2006, 05:46 PM
aw yay! thanks!

NightCrawler
12-14-2006, 12:39 PM
I agree with Rachel about that tattoo Daisy.
HAH

You realize there were 3 rachels in a row before you posted, right?

alorian
12-14-2006, 03:04 PM
*COUGH* It would be a lie to say yes :)

cinnamonxspider
12-14-2006, 06:11 PM
HAH

You realize there were 3 rachels in a row before you posted, right?

oh man...that is AWESOME.

kittygirl
12-15-2006, 06:54 AM
That's amazing....

BarlowgIRL
12-17-2006, 07:56 AM
HAH

You realize there were 3 rachels in a row before you posted, right?four counting me!

animeraven34
12-20-2006, 04:09 PM
I'm lucky enough to live just a few blocks from a great tattoo shop. Haven't been there yet, been too broke as of late. Anyway, there are (at least) three that I'm getting.

#1: Drawn by my wife. I MIGHT let the tattoo artist touch it up a little. Going on my left bicep.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/raydonraven/angelinhand1.jpg

#2: Can't find a picture of the artwork that inspired it, have to get one later. Inspired by a Zao tour exclusive t-shirt (as much as I keep losing respect for Zao lately, this shirt was awesome). It's going to depict a skeleton wearing a business suit, and with angel wings spread wide and a halo, holding out his hands as if he's welcoming you, and at his feet will be a pile of partially bloody skulls and behind him a table with bloody medical instruments on it. Going to be nice and big on my back.

#3: No artwork drawn up yet. It's going to show a decrepit, beat up old scarecrow hanging limply and loosely on a cross with a big raven perched on it's shoulder. Going on my right bicep.

low_key_190
12-21-2006, 12:17 PM
I think some tatoos look nice but i know people who have way to many and it looks really grose
I think tatoos are cool but i probabaly won't get one

NightCrawler
12-21-2006, 07:08 PM
Barlowgirl:
Sorry, I didn't know. Technically, though, kittygirl is a Rachael. So.... meh.

Regardless, you tattooed people are all going to hell!!! Paint under your skin is the mark of the beast!!1111one

Laugh.

I Bite
12-22-2006, 02:35 PM
I want a tattoo..At least one...But probably they will not be very big...Kinda smaller...I'm thinking a cross or something, but I want it to mean something...At least, I want the first one i get to mean something...The next one(s?) i might just get something that i like...that's just cool.

I found one I kinda like...4th one in the top row. It's purtyful.
http://www.tattoofinder.com/find_tattooDB.asp?txtKeyword=angels&Ktype=1&txtIsAdult=yes&NewSearch=yes

music_maniac
12-23-2006, 12:42 PM
wow i wish i was old enough to get a tatoo...I used to draw random stuff on myself with sharpies before my dad made me stop. but then he said he didn't care if i got one when i was old enough.

music_maniac
12-23-2006, 12:45 PM
four counting me!

yeah now there's five in this thread...i'd better leave.

kittygirl
12-26-2006, 05:24 PM
Barlowgirl:
Sorry, I didn't know. Technically, though, kittygirl is a Rachael. So.... meh.

Regardless, you tattooed people are all going to hell!!! Paint under your skin is the mark of the beast!!1111one

Laugh.

it's supposed to be like Michael, that's why my name's spelled that way.

BOT...I hope you're joking.

NightCrawler
12-26-2006, 09:47 PM
The endline "Laugh" is a confirmation if you're worried.

BarlowgIRL
12-30-2006, 05:57 PM
it's supposed to be like Michael, that's why my name's spelled that way.

BOT...I hope you're joking.

Well here's the fun fact of the day.
The spelling "R-a-c-h-e-l" is the Normal spelling of the name. "R-a-c-h-a-e-l" is the special, different spelling. Even though it's the different way, that spelling is the one that most people will spell when writing the name.

Bassplayer
12-30-2006, 07:21 PM
i'd like to eventually get a few tattoos. i want a thorn band around my left bicep, maybe a cross or something on one of my shoulder blades. and once my music band reaches five years of recording, i'll get the band name on my right shoulder. idw anything big or flashy. but i can't get any of those while i live at home. my dad isn't crazy about tattoos, so he's has asked that out of respect i not get any while i live with my family. but once i move out i might get some.

Pixie*
12-31-2006, 01:57 PM
i want a small tatoo as well, nothing flashy. But I haven't decided what. I'd ike to get a small pair of angel wings, or a dragnfly on my ankle, ya know right behind the bone there...my dad has one on his arm, but its in a spot that is concealable and hardly anyone knows he has it. my mom doesn't want me to get a tatoo, so I'm going to wait until I move out as well. It'll probably be a college graduation present to myself...plus I have't made up my mind exactly what I want yet..just where I want it...lol