Foxx
12-11-2006, 08:31 PM
Just wondering, i dont think you have been here recently, if at all ( or i just missed you guys). My friends and i love your new album ( and the previous ones) and we so want to hear you live.

Spiffles
12-11-2006, 10:29 PM
They came down to Aussie land for one of the sonfest music festivals. (sorry cant remember which year) (which i missed *cry*)
I am not sure Australia is worthwhile for Skillet to tour outside of a festival like sonfest. We are a relatively small market and hard Christian rock is even smaller.
Uness they have a big success in mainstream here they probably wont come because they will loose money doing so.

Foxx
12-11-2006, 10:46 PM
No offence, but when was it about money. In my personal opinion, music is used for praise, worship and outreach.

I would love for you guys to come back, and if you do swing me an email or something and maybe i could hook up some churches across Queensland and maybe the other states.

Spiffles
12-12-2006, 12:01 AM
No offence, but when was it about money. In my personal opinion, music is used for praise, worship and outreach.

*chuckles* no offense taken..

To answer the question.
Since the world started being run by money. Since it takes money to buy food to eat. Money for air flights to and from Australia from the United States of America. Money for freighting all the equipiment to and from Australia. Money for Motel rooms while they stay away from home because I bet they wouldnt freeight over that motor home thingy they have for touring the United States.
Money for hiring the venues.

You are correct, Music is about praise and worship and outreach. But that requires money.. You cant do anything without money, and it costs a crap load of money to come to Australia to do a tour.
Skillet I would bet cant afford to loose money touring in a country that doesnt have a very large market.

Foxx
12-12-2006, 01:37 AM
Money money money, sucks dont it? Well if these guys are willing to come i could start seeing what kind of intrest i could generate here. Equipment hire is no issues here i have contacts into that industry for cheap hires, I could probably also gain a fair bit of support from the local ( and large) christian radio station, and many churches. I assume i will be raising some cash for some quality hotel's,

To my knowledge they are booked out for most of 07' sothat gives me a year to see if people are interested...

So the question to you guys from skillet are, would you come?

terrasin
12-12-2006, 03:56 AM
As I've stated many times here before, I've looked into booking them in Australia and I've talked to John about it as well. Yes, they would love to come, however, the factors that pin into it are the following:

Money: To send the band overseas for a show would cost quite a bit. You have to factor in so many things such as venue, production, security, promotion, crew costs, hotels, plane tickets, flying their equipment, food, paying the band... in the end, they would have to sell about 10,000 tickets per show there or take a huge loss to make it worth the time. The other factor here is that the band makes no money, and can also lose money depending on scheduling. And whether anyone likes it or not, this is a job and money is a factor. They have bills to pay like everyone else. ;)

Scheduling: Because of the time it takes to get there and back, they lose several days for 2 shows because of flight time and jet lag. That means close to a week where they couldn't do shows anywhere else.

If it was really worth it, I would contact a few promoters down there, but as of now, it would be nearly impossible to pull together such large shows.

CJ

BarlowgIRL
12-12-2006, 08:08 AM
Also, the only member with an account here is Ben (Oats kinda counts) so you might want to email them with you ideas....

Foxx
12-12-2006, 03:07 PM
I'm still keen on getting these guys here, so i would like ot know, where are you aussies located and would you like to help.

First up we need to get an approx' costing for each area, in each location that we would idealy like them to come.

Anybody keen on helping? If so Add my MSN bryan@live.com.au and we can get talking

Spiffles
12-12-2006, 03:21 PM
I'm still keen on getting these guys here, so i would like ot know, where are you aussies located and would you like to help.

First up we need to get an approx' costing for each area, in each location that we would idealy like them to come.

Anybody keen on helping? If so Add my MSN bryan@live.com.au and we can get talking

Added you to my msn.. Dunno how much help I would be in my current situation, but happy to talk to you anyways.

planet_kosmos
12-14-2006, 01:08 AM
As I've stated many times here before
CJ
I remember those times, CJ telling me how much it would cost..

unshakeable15
12-26-2006, 04:44 PM
Keep in mind that when U2 toured New Zealand, Australia and Japan in the early 90s, they only made money because of merch. If it was up to ticket sales, it would have been a phenomenal loss. As it was, they barely just made money.

Skillet is considerably less popular than U2, so they would have an even harder time of things.

terrasin
12-26-2006, 09:31 PM
I was just talking about that tour the other day when working with one of Kenny Rogers crew. He was telling me that the whole tour, the band had less than $50 in their bank account. However, when food and hotels are provided, you pretty much have everything you need.

CJ

Spiffles
12-27-2006, 01:47 PM
Keep in mind that when U2 toured New Zealand, Australia and Japan in the early 90s, they only made money because of merch. If it was up to ticket sales, it would have been a phenomenal loss. As it was, they barely just made money.

Skillet is considerably less popular than U2, so they would have an even harder time of things.

I wonder how they did this year in Australia...

When DC Talk did their free at last tour in Australia (Melbourne, Sydney, Adalaide i think they went) they lost money and they had more of a following then then Skillet does now in Australia.