will
12-12-2006, 05:56 AM
I finally got around to setting up something I've been wanting to do for a while... a wiki to archive various things pertaining to Skillet's history. Right now it just has two main pages: an email archive of all their newsletters and such, as well as a historical list of concerts over the years. I just set this up last night, so it is of course rather bare, but I was kinda hoping some others that have been around for a while could help me flesh this out a bit.

A few things to note:
- This is a wiki. If you've never used a wiki before or don't know what one is, I'd suggest starting here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki).
- There is no connection right now between the wiki and the boards. This means that you'll need to create an account over on the wiki. Eventually I may look at trying to integrate the two if it looks like people start to use it, but for right now the payoff is not worth the effort it would take.

http://www.panheads.org/wiki/

Any general thoughts on this? Does this sound like something you all would be willing to spend a little time helping on? Anything else you might want to include in the wiki?

-will

timmyrotter
12-12-2006, 04:30 PM
nice, i think this is a great idea. id be willing to keep the tours updated, and dig a little to find some old ones. we should definetly get an in-depth History of the band.

Spiffles
12-12-2006, 05:57 PM
good idea.

*votes to have this thread stickyied*

theelectric3
12-13-2006, 02:22 PM
very cool idea.

when i get some time i'll give the dates to the CA shows that i remember going to. (tickets will help me remember the dates and exact location.) i'll try to get on it asap. maybe tomorrow or friday.

unshakeable15
12-26-2006, 05:04 PM
i have freakishly kept the emails from Skillet and Switchfoot ever since Hotmail went bigger to compete with Gmail.

Therefore, i have all the newsletters (unless one slipped through) from April 8, 2005 to present date. i'll definitely go about adding those in.

timmyrotter
01-25-2007, 09:55 PM
Wikiing is fun, i just updated Skillets one on Wikipedia. but im a bit confused. this panheads wiki, is it connected with wikipedia.com, or will it be? it should be, so more people can look at it.

skelfy
01-26-2007, 04:21 AM
huh. this is cool! I'll have to upload some of the concert location/dates that I've gone to later.

breakthesilence
01-31-2007, 09:50 PM
i heart wikis. lol.
i don't know much about them but maybe i can ask ro some stuff to put on it.

i believe the association is that wikis of something, it's like their own mini-wikepedia but it's from the same wikimedia company. we can link to this wiki on their wikipedia site...

timmyrotter
04-11-2007, 11:42 PM
whats up? it appears to be gone!

bob
04-12-2007, 04:51 AM
whats up? it appears to be gone!

It seems to be so.

timmyrotter
04-12-2007, 09:28 AM
im gonna be livid if it is. i spend hours on that!

Tromos
04-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Looks like someone needs to call Sheriff Will.

timmyrotter
04-12-2007, 09:35 AM
i just hope the info is still there, and its a server problem...

The Lamma
04-12-2007, 09:55 AM
but im a bit confused. this panheads wiki, is it connected with wikipedia.com, or will it be? it should be, so more people can look at it.

Often wikis are separate from wikipedia. Wikipedia is its own thing, this is its own thing. :P

I'd be willing to help with this wiki if I knew anything...Lol.

timmyrotter
04-12-2007, 10:06 AM
Often wikis are separate from wikipedia. Wikipedia is its own thing, this is its own thing. :P

I'd be willing to help with this wiki if I knew anything...Lol.
thanks for the answer, but i posted that question 4 months ago, i figured it out. lol

The Lamma
04-12-2007, 10:33 AM
...hahaha...(fake laugh) I feel dumb. :P Thats why I personally hate resurrected threads...Thats why I'm glad there is a rule on that...Forget that I ever posted in this thread...*walks off embarrassed like*

timmyrotter
04-12-2007, 10:35 AM
...hahaha...(fake laugh) I feel dumb. :P Thats why I personally hate resurrected threads...Thats why I'm glad there is a rule on that...Forget that I ever posted in this thread...*walks off embarrassed like*

haha, its fine, dont beat yourself up

jade
04-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Looks like someone needs to call Sheriff Will.

We are aware that it is down ... it actually has been down for a bit now but have not had the time to figure out what is wrong with it.

i just hope the info is still there, and its a server problem...

The information is all intact. No worries there. :)

The Lamma
04-12-2007, 04:28 PM
haha, its fine, dont beat yourself up

Ok, thanks. :) I think I should check the dates of posts from now on, lol. Anyway, I dragging this away from what it should be...