Crusader
12-12-2006, 04:09 PM
I just can't figure out what this song is about at all. Can someone explain it to me please?

timmyrotter
12-12-2006, 04:19 PM
its talking about about someone putting a lot into a relationship and then being let down/forasaken. but thats what i think, but unless the writer said what it means, it is open for interpratation.

dawn of light
12-13-2006, 11:28 AM
I kind of thought it was about Jesus on the cross when God turned away from Him. "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

unshakeable15
12-26-2006, 04:57 PM
My understanding of the song Forsaken is similar to timmy's, that's it's a relationship gone wrong. The reason it went wrong was the singer forsook (forsaked? forsooked?) their relationship with God, but they realized it and wanted to change, but they needed God to step in to do so (hence the bit near the end "You're breaking me!!!").

timmyrotter
12-26-2006, 05:04 PM
My understanding of the song Forsaken is similar to timmy's, that's it's a relationship gone wrong. The reason it went wrong was the singer forsook (forsaked? forsooked?) their relationship with God, but they realized it and wanted to change, but they needed God to step in to do so (hence the bit near the end "You're breaking me!!!").

i believe that tense of forsake is "forsookend" :D

unshakeable15
12-26-2006, 06:18 PM
Ok, gotcha. :) i'll add that to my internal dictionary. ;)

rock_out_loud7
06-27-2007, 07:35 AM
I really like listening to this song, i think it is great. Most of my friends say it is one of thier favs too. I just dont get it, what it means, and it has been bugging me.

DarkestRose
06-27-2007, 07:45 AM
This thread discusses what we've thought of so far. (http://www.panheads.org/boards/showthread.php?t=5722&highlight=forsaken)

rock_out_loud7
06-27-2007, 08:01 AM
ok thanks :)

Quadripedman
07-01-2007, 05:30 PM
i believe that tense of forsake is "forsookend" :D

lol, dont think so...

[QUOTE]for新ake (f皾-sāk', fər-) Pronunciation Key
tr.v. for新ook (-sŏŏk'), for新ak搪n (-sā'kən), for新ak搏ng, for新akes QUOTE]

dat means that the past tence of forsaken is forsook.

but anyway, yea, thats what i think the song is about as well.

Punkchick_002
07-01-2007, 05:51 PM

I kinda agree with that....that it is a relationship gone wrong, I think that it can be taken as a plea to God, wondering WHY he has suddenly forsaken the lead singer (which can't be possible, because God will do whatever he thinks is nessesary, in the right time)

tobyMacrazed
07-08-2007, 02:52 PM
unless the writer said what it means, it is open for interpratation.

I think that's right. we can all say what we think the song means. and we can all believe what we want. But we will never know what Jonh meant when he wrote it untill he tells us.