NightCrawler
12-22-2006, 03:34 PM
I have this ...issue that I need to deal with. If I don't make a decision, then I am forced with emotional turmoil. If I make a decision, then I need to know which one to make -- either of the two I know of could lead to emotional turmoil as well.

Easiest route would be if the other person made the choice for me, but ...

Naturally this feels like limbo.

I am being very vague. I am sorry. I just don't know if I am comfortable blurting out everything like this. I just really need prayer. I will do my part and meditate, pray and perhaps even fast.

God, I need You.

m_money618
12-22-2006, 04:15 PM
wow, it's sounds like it's gonna be hard. I'll pray for you:)

theelectric3
12-24-2006, 03:55 PM
never apologize for being vague on prayer requests... sometimes they are involve the deepest, most tender parts of us that we don't just want to go around exposing.

prayer for you to be sensitive to God's leading and direction in this matter.. with all clarity.

NightCrawler
12-24-2006, 04:27 PM
Hey, an update. After spending a lot of time in prayer, God gave me a peace about not making a decision (at least not yet). I thought it would lead to more pain, as it has in the past, but right now I am cool with it.

And the sermon today kinda reminded me a little about this. What I got out of it was this: I require thinking about it before acting, God took away the desire to think about it**, therefore He took away the desire to act on it.

** to reason, figure out possibilities, evaluate possible rational decisions

lamb_servant72
12-25-2006, 04:13 AM
Wise words, Tracy.

Limbo is an awful place to be. I am so glad God gave you peace. Your mind was telling you you would be in emotional turmoil if you didn't make a decision, but when you allowed God to take responsibility for the decision, you had the peace that passes understanding.

Wait to hear God, don't allow temptation to take back the decision (through thinking/worrying) overcome you.

God gave you peace about what to do right now, trust Him that He will give you the next step. Even it it seems to be taking a dreadfully long time.

NightCrawler
12-25-2006, 08:08 PM
Wise words, Tracy.

Limbo is an awful place to be. I am so glad God gave you peace. Your mind was telling you you would be in emotional turmoil if you didn't make a decision, but when you allowed God to take responsibility for the decision, you had the peace that passes understanding.

Wait to hear God, don't allow temptation to take back the decision (through thinking/worrying) overcome you.

God gave you peace about what to do right now, trust Him that He will give you the next step. Even it it seems to be taking a dreadfully long time.

I don't mind waiting when I must. The problem is realizing when I must. I want to be in control, but if I can't be, I gladly hand whatever notion I have of taking hold of the reigns over to the One Who is in control.

What I realize is that even if I have control, if I must wait... I am cool with it. I just want to be certain waiting is required. If it isn't, why am I doing nothing? If it is, then okay. Give me the word and I will act.

The peace is only here if I know where I need to be. It looks like God wants me to shut up and pay attention to something else instead. (or maybe just wait for someone else to tell me what to do)

NightCrawler
01-02-2007, 08:00 PM
Update:
I have come up with a reasonable plan on going about this. Thanks for your prayers. Please pray that if my plan is God's will, that He will guide me and give me confidence in it. And that I will do well to follow His lead in it.

fifi la bomba
01-23-2007, 07:19 AM
good luck, and good job in trusting in God....

\m/

NightCrawler
01-24-2007, 08:46 AM
Plan fell through. Things are okay.