timmyrotter
01-02-2007, 10:44 AM
so most of you have heard of them. after their christian success they are now releasing "Breathe into me" to Active Rock in Feb. this is a huge step for the band, so request it when its released. they are also touring in the next couple of months with Three Days Grace, and Flyleaf. support these guys on thier next venture.

pizza brain
01-02-2007, 11:59 AM
Cool 8) btw Red > LP

bubblesemm
01-02-2007, 03:50 PM
i love red.

skilletfreak101
01-03-2007, 06:34 AM
red puts on an awesome show

the rocker
01-03-2007, 04:41 PM
Yeah, they rock. Hopefully I'll get their cd for my birthday friday.

as~i~lay~dying
01-03-2007, 08:42 PM
I have only heard there song "breathe into me" and thought it was amazing! I hope to soon hear there entire c.d.

bubblesemm
01-04-2007, 06:58 AM
the whole c.d. is great and i get to go see them on the 26th or the 27th of this month.yea, me.lol.

fifi la bomba
01-04-2007, 07:06 AM
i first heard of red on the logan show back in like may.... and then got their cd when it came out June 6th.... it rocked my face off. they instantly became one of my more favorite bands and i got to see them in november. one of teh greatest concerts i've ever been to. if you get a chance, def. go to a red concert. they put on an awesome show. I LUV RED!!!!!!!

alienyouth9292
01-07-2007, 08:49 AM
i heard that red had no originality whatsoever....

also,in the BIM music video, their lead singer looks like a freak!

Angel
01-07-2007, 08:56 AM
I love RED. I saw them at a concert in September and immediately bought their CD after. I love it.

pizza brain
01-07-2007, 01:35 PM

whoever told you that knows didly squat about Red.

::]

bloodstained87
01-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Yep, you can't always believe what you hear or read. I'd call RED the "Christian Linkin Park." Whether or not they are original makes no difference. To say that they lack it, would be hypocritical. Only because there are many bands that sound alike---for instance: Kj52 vs. Eminem; Nickelback vs. Daughtry, Emery vs. Dead Poetic ect.

pizza brain
01-07-2007, 01:57 PM
Actually red doesn't sound that much like LP they have no rap, no turn tables, less electronics, and more of a rock sound vs. nu metal

bloodstained87
01-07-2007, 02:01 PM
Which is exactly why they can't be termed "not original." I think "Breathe Into Me" and track # 4 could pass for their style. So, they may not sound like them on all of their music, but they do have some close similarities. Clear?

pizza brain
01-07-2007, 02:02 PM
sure

bloodstained87
01-07-2007, 02:05 PM
For some reason or another--it seems your answer implies a hint of sarcasm. Am I wrong?

pizza brain
01-07-2007, 02:07 PM
You are wrong.

bloodstained87
01-07-2007, 02:09 PM
Good.

pizza brain
01-07-2007, 02:13 PM
Yes.

skilletfreak101
01-07-2007, 05:13 PM
they do kinda sound like linkin park in the sence that there is a bit of electronics...but there's no rap and junk like that and i think Red is cooler.

timmyrotter
01-07-2007, 07:58 PM
answer some questions here...

first. Emery vs. dead poetic? whats that? dead poetic is pretty unique rock, and Emery is EMO/screamo. Duaghtry vs. nickelback, thier singers sound alike, but then again its straight rock, they sound like seether, puddle of pudd, creed.

AND PLEASE dont comment on a band, especially in a negative manner if you havent heard them. and dont comment on someone's appearance in a negative way, who are you to say that someone looks creepy or whatever? thats extremely ignorant and childish to do.

RED sounds similar to Linkin Park only with the electronic/strings sound similar to that of Evanescence, Skillet, LP.

And i believe that RED's sound is original enough, no they arent completly original, that they will have decent success on mainstream rock radio, similar to what they had on christian rock.

skilletfreak101
01-08-2007, 08:37 AM
. Duaghtry vs. nickelback, thier singers sound alike

WHAT!?!?!? i'm sorry but...no

timmyrotter
01-08-2007, 09:07 AM
WHAT!?!?!? i'm sorry but...no

i think their voices are pretty similar, daughtry is less raspy is all.

bloodstained87
01-08-2007, 10:47 AM
answer some questions here...

first. Emery vs. dead poetic? whats that? dead poetic is pretty unique rock, and Emery is EMO/screamo.

AND PLEASE dont comment on a band, especially in a negative manner if you havent heard them. and dont comment on someone's appearance in a negative way, who are you to say that someone looks creepy or whatever? thats extremely ignorant and childish to do.

Attention:

First off, you're being a bit defensive. I'd like to set some things right in the most loving, logical and rational way possible.

Emery and Dead Poetic are different. But they both share some similarities, that's why I put the "verses" instead of the "equals" sign. (no one is going to sound exactly the same as the other) I apologize if I didn't state that clearly enough.

And I would appreciate it if you could tell me how I was being negative. I'm not trying to start a fight, but I would like to know.
(Please remember that everyone has a right to their own point of view aka concerning what bands they like or dislike and why or why not)

Also, where did "appearance" come from? If this has to do with whether or not I thought someone was being sarcastic--I didn't mean it that way. It was a joke.

And where in the world did I say that someone looks creepy?
I went back and read my comments to find that I didn't even use that word. And if it was someone else that used it, why does it matter? If it's their opinion--it shouldn't. And I wouldn't see that as negative, I would see it as a stereotype or a visual piece of character. Whether or not it was childish, is up to one's own discretion.

Also, fyi: I own Red's album "End of Silence" and have a been a fan for awhile. Just so you know that I'm not one who isn't familiar with their work or new to it. 8)

bloodstained87
01-08-2007, 10:50 AM

^^^ Hey Timmy, if this is what you meant. I got it now. 8)

timmyrotter
01-08-2007, 11:03 AM
yeah i didnt use quotes and said i was answering some questions. so if you didnt say it, i was talkign to someone else. its cool though.

skynes
01-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Red sounding like LP? Don't really sound similar to me...

Maybe the style a bit, but the differences are so big (lack of rap for example) that I'd never think them similar.

There is someone they sound similar to but I can't remember who! Despite pulling my WMP apart trying to find them, lol.

Tromos
01-09-2007, 07:06 AM
Musically, End of Silence seems like a bridge between Collide and Comatose. I'm not comparing Mike Barnes' voice to John Cooper's, just the musical sound.

Personal opinion, of course.

kittygirl
01-15-2007, 01:00 PM
they do kinda sound like linkin park in the sence that there is a bit of electronics...but there's no rap and junk like that and i think Red is cooler.

well...first of all, Red is actually a Christian band. Secondly, Linkin Park is pretty negative ("I'm so misunderstood, my life is a joke, etc.")

And third...shouldn't it be about the lyrics vs. the technical aspect of the music? That's really what matters.

timmyrotter
01-15-2007, 01:16 PM
well...first of all, Red is actually a Christian band. Secondly, Linkin Park is pretty negative ("I'm so misunderstood, my life is a joke, etc.")

And third...shouldn't it be about the lyrics vs. the technical aspect of the music? That's really what matters.

what really matters to one, may not to another. you cannot speak for others. in this case people were talking about their sound, no one was talking about lyrics. i love LP, i love RED... lyrics are different but those differ more from band to band, than sound does.

RED is a christian band you say? well they are christians, but they are also making a mainstream move, much like Skillet did. and i for one am behind them 100%

bloodstained87
01-15-2007, 02:13 PM
They're going to be at Acquire the Fire this Year in Tampa, FL.

alienyouth9292
01-15-2007, 05:02 PM

to clarify, i was just saying that on some review i read, it said that red was like all the other similiar bands out there....also, in the breath into me video, their singer looks kinda scary when he yells....

ps- i found "breathe into me" and "getting away with murder" by papa roach pretty similiar as far as the orchestra and guitar mix....:)

alienyouth9292
01-15-2007, 05:20 PM
oh, this is the review that i was talking about that said that red was unoriginal http://jesusfreakhideout.com/cdreviews/EndOfSilence.asp

i love that site to death....they review lots of skillet.

korey_cooper_jr
01-15-2007, 05:22 PM
Emery vs. Dead Poetic

In my opinion Emery and Dead Poetic sound nothing alike.

And I have always thought Pillar in the old days sounded more like Linkin Park to me. *shrugs*

timmyrotter
01-15-2007, 06:55 PM
to clarify, i was just saying that on some review i read, it said that red was like all the other similiar bands out there....also, in the breath into me video, their singer looks kinda scary when he yells....

ps- i found "breathe into me" and "getting away with murder" by papa roach pretty similiar as far as the orchestra and guitar mix....:)

being clear is a good thing, my point was, dont dog it till you've heard it. or seen it in your case.

kittygirl
01-21-2007, 04:38 PM
Okay, I got the cd, and I like it alot. But the songs that stand out the most to me are the softer ones. And I'd have to say 'Pieces' is my favorite song on the album...

music_maniac
01-28-2007, 05:32 PM
Red rocks...I've seen 'em twice--they really tear up the stage. I think y'all are reading a bit too far into this. Everybody has their opinions and arguing (excuse me--discussing) won't change those.

aliensoul_squire20
01-29-2007, 03:28 PM
I wanna see Red.......... :'(

Heck, I wanna see a lot of bands................. :'(

hopefully more bands I like will be at KB the day I go this year.

And, maybe pigs will fly and bands will actually start coming to New York!

Oh, yes, and kittygirl, "Pieces" is a favorite of mine too. But, I'd have to put "Already Over" at the top of my fav list.

timmyrotter
02-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Red is going on tour with Sevendust in March, right after a tour with Three Days Grace and Flyleaf. they are getting put on some great tours, plus their first Mainstream single "Breathe into me" is getting some relatively good airplay.

I Bite
02-19-2007, 03:44 PM
I wanna see Red.......... :'(

Heck, I wanna see a lot of bands................. :'(

hopefully more bands I like will be at KB the day I go this year.

And, maybe pigs will fly and bands will actually start coming to New York!

Oh, yes, and kittygirl, "Pieces" is a favorite of mine too. But, I'd have to put "Already Over" at the top of my fav list.

Already Over is definitly my top fave off their cd.

skilletfreak101
02-19-2007, 07:49 PM
oh, this is the review that i was talking about that said that red was unoriginal http://jesusfreakhideout.com/cdreviews/EndOfSilence.asp

i love that site to death....they review lots of skillet.
i definately agree that red isn't really that original...but that doesn't mean they aren't awesome...i love red and i think they put on a really good show.

timmyrotter
02-19-2007, 08:11 PM
they are original enough in the christian market, one that severely lacks originality.

alienyouth9292
03-09-2007, 05:06 PM
true...

bob
03-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Red puts on a great show. I saw them twice back in November on the Hearts of the Innocent tour.

Laerasyn
03-11-2007, 07:57 PM
I like them too... heard "Breathe Into Me" on the radio, bought the CD, loved it- just like everyone else. ;D

Amusing sidenote... when my little brother first heard the song on the radio, he ran to me thinking it was Brave Saint Saturn/Reese Roper singing it... lol. I found it amusing, anyway...

timmyrotter
03-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Breathe into me is doing awesome on Active Rock! i mean really great, its a big step for them.

timmyrotter
03-15-2007, 08:05 AM
''breathe into me'' just entered the Billboard Hot mainstream rock tracks at #29!!!

The Lamma
03-19-2007, 04:09 PM
Red is awesome. When I got the CD I like listened to it at least 5 times in two days, and it has the highest play counts in my iTunes. (about 25 average per song from Red to about the average highest of the other songs - 15. HN is pretty close though) And a question: Why do bands usually wait two years in between albums?? Lol. I kinda know why, but I want a second CD from Red REALLY BAD!! But don't think that means I don't like Skillet. :p

timmyrotter
03-19-2007, 05:20 PM
Red is awesome. When I got the CD I like listened to it at least 5 times in two days, and it has the highest play counts in my iTunes. (about 25 average per song from Red to about the average highest of the other songs - 15. HN is pretty close though) And a question: Why do bands usually wait two years in between albums?? Lol. I kinda know why, but I want a second CD from Red REALLY BAD!! But don't think that means I don't like Skillet. :p

simple, if a band pushes too hard for the release of an album, there is more that can go wrong, and less that go right. masterpieces take time. Rome wasnt built in a day

The Lamma
03-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Lol, yeah. Have you heard Grits? Some good stuff, but a lot of so-so music, too.

timmyrotter
03-19-2007, 06:26 PM
Grits is a prime example... lol

The Lamma
03-19-2007, 06:32 PM
Lets see....Did they release two a year? Lol. But we're not in the Grits thread...lol

I Bite
03-19-2007, 06:42 PM
just to be off topic[[cuz i know timmyrotter hates that ;)]], I really dislike Grits. I do not like them at all...anyways.

I listen to Red whenever its on the radio...And then one day I was all "dang. i really like these guys." it took me a while..But now they're on my top 10 list of I really want their cd. I am hoping to buy their cd very soon...Ya know, when I have money.
:D

The Lamma
03-19-2007, 06:46 PM
I never hear them on the radio. :( Except for once or twice...

I Bite
03-19-2007, 06:48 PM
I never hear them on my local radio either..I listen to Y Rock (http://radioy.com/option=content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=31&PHPSESSID=fd7f1d6ba7ecb65039169fc347877e04), on the internet.
It has a lot of my favorite bands, and its where I learn about newer bands, also.

The Lamma
03-19-2007, 06:49 PM
Y Rock? What kind of music is it?

I Bite
03-19-2007, 06:57 PM
Quoting: Todays hottest Christian rock, Alternative, and Punk from artists like POD, Switchfoot, Blindside, Chevelle, Lifehouse, Relient K, and MXPX.

They play a lot of bands besides those, for ex., Demon Hunter, Flyleaf, Fireflight, Skillet, Run Kid Run, Decyfer Down, Red, Number One Gun, Storyside B, Justifide...The list goes on...
I like it a lot...Although sometimes, if you listen to it as much as i do, it gets a little repetitive.

The Lamma
03-19-2007, 06:59 PM
The high quality quicktime button doesn't work...

I Bite
03-19-2007, 07:02 PM
I wouldn't know how to help you there...I just click on the YRock emblem right below the Listen Live Now sign thingy...It comes up in a new window...
*shrugs*

The Lamma
03-19-2007, 07:04 PM
Oooh... Theres a third one, not just Quicktime and Realplayer. But WMP doesn't seem to be working...lol

Tromos
03-20-2007, 06:01 AM
Oooh... Theres a third one, not just Quicktime and Realplayer. But WMP doesn't seem to be working...lol

Firewall, perhaps?

I used to listen to YRock all the time until my work firewall blocked all streaming audio >:(

I liked YRock over RadioU because RadioU was a bit too diverse for my tastes (too much hip-hop and screamo) and RadioU is a real radio station, so they are commercial-sponsored. YRock has no commercials and, though it does get repetitive, stuck to my preferred genre a little closer.

The Lamma
03-20-2007, 04:28 PM
Not a firewall. WE've listened to our local station over the internet, and I can use the low-quality fine for quicktime. WMP actually works, and I don't think we have Realone. So problem is solved for me. :)

timmyrotter
03-26-2007, 04:38 PM
im going to see RED tomorrow with Sevendust! has anyone been to that tour yet? how many songs does RED play?

FromTheInside
03-26-2007, 07:05 PM
im going to see RED tomorrow with Sevendust! has anyone been to that tour yet? how many songs does RED play?

I'll be asking you that question when you get back. :P
Considering going to see the tour on it's stop in cleveland.

The Lamma
03-27-2007, 02:38 PM
I wanna see them at Creationfest... Oh, and I got that radio to work. :)

timmyrotter
03-27-2007, 03:32 PM
I wanna see them at Creationfest... Oh, and I got that radio to work. :)

creation east, or west?

timmyrotter
03-27-2007, 09:07 PM
I'll be asking you that question when you get back. :P
Considering going to see the tour on it's stop in cleveland.

Well...

the opening bands sucked... RED did awesome! they played 3rd right before Sevendust (who we didnt even stay for.). they rocked the house, id say there was 350-500 people there. they had a bunch of drunk topless metal heads moshing, funny sight. we were 3 people behind the stage. they were insane! much better than last time i saw them. i got to meet them again afterwards. it was good!

SET list- they didnt play many songs...

Let GO
Hide
Wasting Time
Break me down
Breathe into me

The Lamma
03-28-2007, 12:21 PM
They only have one album to play from, and opening bands dont usually play a whole lot. It depends, though.

Creationfest west. One of my youth leaders is thinking of taking some people from my youth group down.

bekbel
06-14-2007, 01:49 PM
OK, I absolutely love this band. Their debut, End of Silence, is awesome and they are such nice guys...any fans?

timmyrotter
06-14-2007, 02:03 PM
i hope you arent one of those crazy Red spammers... anyways there already is a Red thread, started by me in fact. by the way, Red Nation is run by rude, selfish, and power tripping people...

bekbel
06-14-2007, 02:10 PM
Oh sorry where is this thread? I cannot find it.
No, I have no idea what you mean by a Red spammer...and what you said about the Nation was rather disrespectful, and I do not know what you mean.

bekbel
06-14-2007, 02:20 PM
They are really good live...

timmyrotter
06-14-2007, 02:31 PM
you wouldnt cause you are a follower, and you havent seen what i have... its a long story. welcome to the boards. and take nothing i am saying about the band, or Red Nation as a personal attack to you.

Terry and that guy that run the Red Nation are rude, and dont know how to take a good opportunity. it is what happends when you are a nobody, and suddenly you get a large responsibility, it is very easy to lose sight of what you are there for, because you new large ego is suddenly taking over.

Joelle
06-14-2007, 03:35 PM
i finally get to see them when i go to kingdom bound this summer. they are one of my favourite bands. i love every single song on their album and you dont find that happening often.

Quadripedman
06-14-2007, 08:46 PM
i dont have their cd, but ill probally borrow it from a friend who does. i listen to Reign Radio (http://reginradio.com), "Christian Rock, Christian Metal, LIVE (not actually, live live...) 24/7!!!) via itunes, under radio, its under religious, its in alph. order, youll find it.

i also listen to 1faith.fm, Bigloo Christian Radio, CMradio.net, and XmusicOnline.com, but mostly just reign radio. its pretty good, check it out. i would listen to regular radio, but theres one rock station, and its like...
se-x obsessed, so i dont like that. and theres a classic rock station but i classic rock..theres one Christian station, but i cant get it from my room :( but you probally dont care about any of that lol.

bekbel
06-14-2007, 08:50 PM
i dont have their cd, but ill probally borrow it from a friend who does. i listen to Reign Radio (http://reginradio.com), "Christian Rock, Christian Metal, LIVE (not actually, live live...) 24/7!!!) via itunes, under radio, its under religious, its in alph. order, youll find it.

i also listen to 1faith.fm, Bigloo Christian Radio, CMradio.net, and XmusicOnline.com, but mostly just reign radio. its pretty good, check it out. i would listen to regular radio, but theres one rock station, and its like...
se-x obsessed, so i dont like that. and theres a classic rock station but i classic rock..theres one Christian station, but i cant get it from my room :( but you probally dont care about any of that lol.

I care...I really do :D

Quadripedman
06-14-2007, 09:03 PM
I care...I really do :D

...makes me feel special *tear*

Tromos
06-15-2007, 03:31 AM
... CMradio.net...

That one's been a disappointment over the last year. :(

skilletfreak101
06-16-2007, 08:50 PM
i've been hearing alot of red on this secular rock radio station in my state lately...it's pretty cool

The Lamma
06-19-2007, 11:50 AM
Red still has one of the couple highest play counts in my iTunes out of over 2000 songs. :D

bekbel
06-20-2007, 10:46 AM
Red still has one of the couple highest play counts in my iTunes out of over 2000 songs. :D

And for GOOD reason :D

I am still in love with it, and I have had it for a year.

The Lamma
06-20-2007, 11:27 AM
Same here. :)

Quadripedman
06-25-2007, 11:32 AM
yea, thats why i usually only listen to reign radio.

i still dont have their cd... :(

The Lamma
06-25-2007, 01:00 PM
GO BUY IT MAN!!!!!! Sorry, its just that you have to. Its the best ever!! Well, I mean in their kind of music. If you count Skillet different. Lol.

Quadripedman
06-25-2007, 03:37 PM
eh, i might, but ill probally just get it from my friend.

bob
06-25-2007, 05:36 PM
My only complaint about Red is that their singer wears way too much eyeliner live. He looks like a raccoon. I have proof with a photo if anyone is interested. But they do put on a good show. I saw them twice in the same week back in November.

timmyrotter
06-25-2007, 05:38 PM
ive seen it, twice. i dont mind it, it is unique and does something standoutish to a regular looking, bald guy.

Quadripedman
06-25-2007, 06:29 PM
oh, wow. :o

and bob, feel free to put that picture up :)

bob
06-25-2007, 07:45 PM
Well, you can't see it really well in this picture (http://a96.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/60/l_2a3f207ac161b78dbd56eb940e8d30cf.jpg) due to the fact that I wasn't using my flash. But the picture turned out cool at least. Mike's a cool dude though. :)

alienyouth9292
06-25-2007, 08:03 PM
hahaha the pic is "red"!!! get it????

Quadripedman
06-26-2007, 08:25 AM
wow, that was cheesy.... (not the pic, the pic was cool)

The Lamma
06-27-2007, 02:28 PM
My only complaint about Red is that their singer wears way too much eyeliner live. He looks like a raccoon. I have proof with a photo if anyone is interested. But they do put on a good show. I saw them twice in the same week back in November.

Dude, you should see my friend...Long, curly hair, tight girl jeans, and eyeliner. He suddenly looks feminine...

alienyouth9292
06-27-2007, 03:03 PM
wow, that was cheesy.... (not the pic, the pic was cool)

i'm sorry you feel that way :'(>:( lol

The Lamma
06-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Don't take it too hard, man. Lol :P

alienyouth9292
06-27-2007, 06:17 PM
its.....ok.....its....just.....so.....hard....to.. ..deal....with.....*cries*

but anyway, what band would you guys say that red sounds like the most?

pizza brain
06-27-2007, 10:43 PM
old school Linkin park followed by 38th parrallel

the rocker
06-28-2007, 08:08 AM
definitely Pillar...that's was the first thing I thought when I heard them for the first time. Actually, until I heard who it was, I wondered if Breathe Into Me was one of Pillar's new songs.

pidget
06-28-2007, 01:10 PM
A lot of the things their singer does with his voice are similar to Chevelle. Regardless, they're way cooler than any of the bands they've been paralleled to so far (especially Pillar... no offense.) :P

alienyouth9292
06-28-2007, 06:22 PM
but is there any rap?

pizza brain
06-29-2007, 06:08 PM
None whatsoever

bekbel
07-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Yeah I have never understood the whole Linkin Park comparison, even though I am a big fan of the old skewl LP. But yeah, I think they sound most like Chevelle, definitely.

bekbel
07-02-2007, 10:29 AM
eh, i might, but ill probally just get it from my friend.

I HOPE you aren't referring to a burnt copy...cause that is just not cool ;)

alienyouth9292
07-02-2007, 06:28 PM
hey, music is music^^

Quadripedman
07-05-2007, 10:39 AM
music is music, someone bought it, right? its not like im selling it or anything. i know that it isnt good, but i have other things i need to worry about than buying cds. and usually, if i get their album and like it (like a copy) ill almost always buy their sophmore album. so i am supporting them. i suppose.

(how the heck to they sound like linkin park??)

unshakeable15
07-05-2007, 02:03 PM
From that picture, it looks like he paints his eyes similar to how Mikey in My Chemical Romance used to.

aliensoul_squire20
07-05-2007, 05:45 PM
music is music, someone bought it, right? its not like im selling it or anything. i know that it isnt good, but i have other things i need to worry about than buying cds. and usually, if i get their album and like it (like a copy) ill almost always buy their sophmore album. so i am supporting them. i suppose.

(how the heck to they sound like linkin park??)

hmmmmm....... I dunno about that. See, with me, I've accepted few burnt cds. I put a couple Disciple albums of my brother's on my iPod, and I borrowed UnderOath's "They're Only Chasing Safety" from a friend. that's as close as I've come to accepting a burnt cd.

My philosophy on the whole "burning music" issue is that I'm going to go out and buy a copy of that cd at a later date if it's something I like. If I don't like it, then I get rid of the burnt copy (by disposing of it, not giving it away).

And about how they sound like Linkin Park, I agree to some extent. I thought that "Breathe Into Me" and "Let Go" sounded a little like some songs from Linkin Park's "Hybrid Theory", and that's mostly because I thought the vocals sounded a little alike. But other than those songs, I don't think they sound anything like Linkin Park.

bekbel
07-06-2007, 12:57 PM
I just think there are better options. you could just borrow the CD from a friend, play it through, then buy your own if you like it. But burning is stealing, you are playing the music without paying for it and it is against the law. I am not trying to preach guys, sorry if I am coming off that way. I have just been seriously convicted about this. Over a year ago, a friend gave me a burnt copy of End of Silence, and even though I was tempted, I put it in the trash and chose to buy my own. And I think the band would appreciate that.

And even if you aren't selling it, you are still taking something that does not belong to you. Someone paid for the original copy, but not the burnt one.

timmyrotter
07-06-2007, 01:42 PM
if they werent gonna buy it anyways, and RED gains a fan, maybe to go to concerts and buy future albums. was it wrong to burn the CD?

bekbel
07-06-2007, 01:45 PM
In God's eyes, yes, I believe it was.

Although from an earthly viewpoint, yeah I can see how it would be nice to get another fan.

timmyrotter
07-06-2007, 01:47 PM
why would God care if you burned a cd?

bekbel
07-06-2007, 01:49 PM
Because, it is giving some one something that you did not pay for...like taking a CD off the shelf without paying and handing it to someone, basically

(please tell me if I sound like a jerk I am not trying to)

timmyrotter
07-06-2007, 01:58 PM
you dont sound like a jerk, mostly cause you are wrong ;)

but if it gains RED more money, how is that wrong? i know you would rather see them buy their own CD, but if they wouldnt hear them otherwise, it doesnt hurt the band. in fact it helps them.

bekbel
07-06-2007, 02:02 PM
haha! well I think even the wrong can come off as jerk-ish, so let me know...

It is an interesting point you bring up. But let's just look at it from the single act of burning the CD, not what might come of said CD (such as a new fan being made). I believe that single act of stealing is wrong.
Maybe in the end it helps RED, but my conviction is it is still disobedience.
And I mean, that fan could have been made by lending them the CD. And THEN this new fan might buy the CD, therefore not hurting RED.

bekbel
07-06-2007, 02:08 PM
P.S. I don't really get how that could help them, I mean they are losing the money from the CD.

timmyrotter
07-06-2007, 02:51 PM
no they are not losing money, my argument involves the person who recieved the burned copy, never considering buying one in the first place. thus RED may gain a fan, if they dont like them, they lose nothing. see this way RED has nothing to lose, they either stay the same, or gain a fan. we are not talking about downloading music here.

bekbel
07-06-2007, 03:07 PM
Ok. I see where you are coming from now.

I just mean, anytime someone gives a CD that is not paid for, they are stealing from the band.

A REALLY good friend would buy the album for said friend, but that is beside the point :D

And regardless of all other points being made, it IS against the law.

aliensoul_squire20
07-06-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm sorry, timmy.... but I have to agree with Bekbel. The law does say that unauthorized copying and distribution is wrong. So, can we let it rest?

At least on this topic that isn't about the rights and wrongs of burning cds:P ? If you're gonna have a debate over it, start a topic on it or find one about it, okay??;)

Let's all just get along;D

Until a controversial issue arises about Red;) ;) ;) ;)

Oh, btw, Red RAWX!!!!!!!!

bekbel
07-06-2007, 03:48 PM
Ok yes we did get off-topic there. I will try to get back to the point.

I love RED.

timmyrotter
07-06-2007, 04:04 PM
well seeing as how you are not a moderator, and we were talking about RED albums. i think we are okay, but thanks anyways.
plus we are not fighting, so getting along is not an issue.

if you want to get Legal about it, you are aware that Abortion is legal in our beautiful country, doctor assisted suicide is okay in my state, i work next to an intersection in a small town and see at least 100 people a day roll through a 4-way stop sign, half of them go to my church 1 block away. although there has NEVER been an accident at that intersection.

my point there being, at least somewhat, the band RED itself would probably like more fans, and if burning a cd for a friend who otherwise would never listen to them, they would probably be all for it. but RED doesnt make the laws, now we get into record labels and such, which have that law clearly so they dont lose money. but still i believe if you burn a CD for someone who other would not buy it, or listen to it, it is not unethical.

bekbel
07-06-2007, 04:49 PM
Well that is an interesting stand.

I don't agree, but then you already know that.

You did make me think though, so thanks. But I still stand by what I've said.

and...no matter how many people roll through a certain stop sign, it is still wrong to do so.

timmyrotter
07-06-2007, 04:59 PM
well now we are getting off topic :) now when i say rolling, im not meaning they straight up run it, they slow to basically a stop, which is plenty safe, considering it is a small, low-populated area. but yet a cop sits there and writes a ton of tickets. yet there has never been a wreck. so technically it is against the law, but the law is not always right is my point. needless to say, i abide by it, for the most part at least, because i do not want to bear the consequences of a $240 ticket.

but still if by burning a CD i help someone, and a band, i wouldnt lose any sleep.
(i do not burn CD's for others often, i am just making an argument here.)

Quadripedman
07-06-2007, 05:05 PM
well, honestly, the same would be said for going to your friends house and lisening to the music. -.- its the same as that, really. sorta. im not against it so long as your not like giving out a lot of copies of it/selling them.

Quadripedman
07-06-2007, 05:07 PM
plus, like has been said, if the person goes out and buys one of their other cds, that does help the band.

alienyouth9292
07-06-2007, 05:14 PM
i'd have to side with timmy on this one.....when i want to tell my friends about skillet or any other cool band, i usually burn them a copy of their cds because my friends wouldn't buy them themselves....

timmyrotter
07-06-2007, 05:20 PM
that is why it isnt enforced unless people are selling mass quantities.

bekbel
07-06-2007, 05:29 PM
While I think it's awesome that you guys are trying to reach your friends with some GREAT music, what I know is this: when my friend gave me that burned copy of End of Silence, had I played it, I would have had no reason to buy a copy, and I probably wouldn't have.

In any case, my heart has been convicted about this and after hearing so many bands thanking people for paying for their albums rather than burning them...well I'd just rather loan my CD's.

timmyrotter
07-06-2007, 05:34 PM
if you loan a CD they can just as easily rip it onto their computer? convicted now?

Quadripedman
07-06-2007, 06:11 PM
lol. thats what i'd do. i dont even use a cd player any more.

bekbel
07-06-2007, 07:45 PM
if you loan a CD they can just as easily rip it onto their computer? convicted now?

They might, but that would be their sin, not mine. get me?

timmyrotter
07-06-2007, 09:47 PM
They might, but that would be their sin, not mine. get me?

i understand that, but do you like causing your friends to sin?

bekbel
07-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Actually to be honest with you there ARE certain friends of mine whom I am not entirely comfortable lending CD's to. Not because I hate them lol, but because they do have a history of burning CD's. I am not even making this up, I promise. Like I said, I do not think it would necessarily be a sin for me to lend them, but I don't want them to be tempted and I DEFINITELY don't want them taking from the bands (especially my beloved RED haha)

So I have a few more questions (I am finding this debate very interesting...) for you. Do you think making numerous quantities of burnt CDs is ok? Not selling them, just giving them away? Secondly, do you have this principle for all things, like movies and whatnot?
I am not trying to attack you, I just want to know where you stand.

bekbel
07-06-2007, 10:07 PM
OK I decided to reword that (and I hate editing) because even I realize that I sounded like I was contradicting myself lol.

What I mean is this...in most cases I think it would be the best thing to loan CDs to a person, especially one who could grow closer to the Lord through said album. However, I would not want to do this to a person who struggles (sorry if you hate that word choice, it is all I can think of) with burning CDs. so yeah, I hope I am making at least a tiny bit of sense.

Quadripedman
07-07-2007, 11:20 AM
i wouldnt word it as "struggles" with burning cds...makes it sound like its an addiction or something....

i think its okay to burn maybe like two or three copies of cds, but more than that i think is pushing it.

and i dont burn copies of movies, so i dont know how i feel about that, but sence most dvds have specefic software ment to prevent copies being made, thats pushing it i guess also.

but like i said before, if they wouldnt get the cd themselves it can be nice to give it to them. but if its like a present (like b-day, christmas, etc.) i think that its better to just get them the cd..really though, if you have the cash, its better to get them the cd anyway, but if you dont i think that burning it is okay. i suppose ::]

bekbel
07-07-2007, 11:46 AM
Yeah I am sorry I used the word struggles...Like I said it was all I could think of.

Interesting stand. I don't really get you guys, but that's ok. I just don't understand how burning a couple is fine but many is wrong? Like it is quantity? I don't get that. And the same laws apply to CD's and DVDs, so why are you ok with one and not the other?