kittygirl
01-04-2007, 10:48 AM
This is about me.
I used to be really afraid of other people, what they thought of me, rejection, etc. Alot of it has to do with things that have happened in my past, and not wanting that to ever happen to me if I try to go outside of my comfort zone.

I realize though, that my REAL friends aren't going to like me one day, and think badly of me the next. I realize that God doesn't want me to live like this.

I noticed that I don't feel as scared as I used to, but I still need some help and encouragement from God.

It's not always as bad as you think.

Tromos
01-04-2007, 12:57 PM
Take heart. There is no courage without fear. But the courageous do it anyway.

Even Jesus was afraid in the Garden. But He trusted and did it anyway.

Your father loves you and made you to be who you are. Take heart in His creation, because God don't make junk.

skynes
01-06-2007, 04:33 AM
This is about me.
I used to be really afraid of other people, what they thought of me, rejection, etc. Alot of it has to do with things that have happened in my past, and not wanting that to ever happen to me if I try to go outside of my comfort zone.

I realize though, that my REAL friends aren't going to like me one day, and think badly of me the next. I realize that God doesn't want me to live like this.

I noticed that I don't feel as scared as I used to, but I still need some help and encouragement from God.

It's not always as bad as you think.

I had a people fear issue once too...

Some conclusions I came to that might help.

People aren't worth being afraid of. They are just as scared as you, they aren't showing you their real selves anymore than you are. They hide in groups and bully in groups cause its comfortable. Showing what you're really like is out of the question for them.

Their opinions of you? What do they honestly do? What power do they have? Their power is whatever you give them. If you choose to give others opinions NO power over you, then it will have no power and you can be free to be who you are unimpeded.

For what you can do now.

Immerse yourself in prayer and reading. Not just a little prayer and reading, I BIG immersion of prayer and reading.

Stuff to read would be the Psalms.
Pray to see how God sees you, that He will show you His opinion of you and your life, we can tell you what He thinks all day, but it makes a much better impact when it comes direct from Him :)

kittygirl
01-06-2007, 12:03 PM
(thank you much)