skillet.com
01-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Hello all,Just wanted to say Happy New Years to everyone! We've had a really nice time being home so much lately. Spending time with friends and family....Nothing beats that. I have to say even though...

More... (http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=12268788&blogID=213905651)

DarkestRose
01-05-2007, 09:14 PM
Blue Like Jazz is an awesome book. I read that book a short while ago and fell in love with it (so I own it now and am making my mom read it). I second that everybody should read it.

Another good book by Donald Miller is Searching For God Knows What.

bloodstained87
01-05-2007, 09:37 PM
I think I've read that before. What did you like about it most?

DarkestRose
01-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Blue Like Jazz was a genius book and the entire thing affected my heart with what I think God's been trying to tell me for awhile.

But my favorite part was in the last chapter when he mentioned that man who, when asked what Jesus meant to him, just started crying. I know that I want to love Jesus that way as well, overwhelmed by all He's done for me.

Searching For God Knows What I just found it interesting at just how affected our postmodern society is from the Fall and how we spend so much time comparing ourselves to others for self worth, and how Christians often do this by who is the "most religious" or "most moral." But even then the last chapter was the best one-comparing religion with the romance of just falling in love with God.

bloodstained87
01-06-2007, 10:36 AM
That's awesome. It's refreshing to hear about how God is speaking to and moving His people.

DarkestRose
01-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Not to make this the books thread or anything, but a great (though uncomfortable) book to read is Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne. I would recommend that every Christian read that book.

bloodstained87
01-06-2007, 06:03 PM
I'll research it.