jesusfreak0629
01-12-2007, 07:48 AM
Well, tonight is the big night--my first Skillet concert. I don't really know what to expect, as I have never been to a Christian rock concert. Although I have been to a Kid Rock concert before Jesus saved me. I am hoping for a good praise/worship atmosphere, and that I can bless God for all that he has blessed me with. Feel free to chime in on anything.

theelectric3
01-12-2007, 07:40 PM
have fun. 8)

(not all christian concerts have a p&w atmosphere... but evenso, don't let that stop you. :) )

john316
01-13-2007, 03:27 AM
Another one hooked for life ;)...i want updates and pics:)

terrasin
01-13-2007, 05:01 AM
pics!

CJ

LeShep
01-13-2007, 11:57 AM
yes yes be ready to have FUN FUN FUN.... oh yeah its always best to take pics(then post here).... and sit around after the show and talk with them they are so good to their fans/friends.
======seriously be ready to ROCK========

john316
01-13-2007, 05:45 PM
Umm...been over 24 hours now and no word. You dont suppose that they rocked his face off??

BondageDuck
01-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Umm...been over 24 hours now and no word. You dont suppose that they rocked his face off??

Could be! LoL!

LeShep
01-15-2007, 06:24 AM
lol prolly happened

jesusfreak0629
01-16-2007, 08:18 AM
Sorry guys, I am still hung over from the concert. J/K. But really, they rocked my face off! It was easily the best concert I have ever been to. Sorry, no pics. :( I was going to take my camara, but forgot it in all the excitement.

Among the Thirsty was the opening band, and they rocked too. I bought their CD, met the band, and had all of them sign the cover of the CD.

Skillet was everything I expected and much more. There actually was a P&W atmosphere somewhat, but mostly just rocking. This one guy to my right pulled off his prosthetic leg and was waving it in the air! It was crazy! John kept quoting Nepoleon Dynamite, and he did bring up the subject of doo-doo a couple of times. He is really a funny guy. They sang Rebirthing, The Last Night, and Whispers in the Dark from Comatose, but everything else was old school.

The band sang a bunch of songs, then left the stage. John came back on a little later and gave an excellent, Christ-filled message. Seriously, it was probably the best Salvation message I have heard that was directed towards teenagers. It was great.

I actually didn't stay to meet the band. I really wish I could have, but my wife was ready to go, and our 6 month old son was at home with his Nana, so we wanted to hurry back home. After all, I'm not a teen anymore. Wish I could've gotten some pics though.

I was surprised at how many older people were there, age 35 and up. It was cool! I will definetly be going to more Skillet concerts in the future!

john316
01-16-2007, 05:21 PM
Sorry guys, I am still hung over from the concert. J/K. But really, they rocked my face off! It was easily the best concert I have ever been to. Sorry, no pics. :( I was going to take my camara, but forgot it in all the excitement.

Among the Thirsty was the opening band, and they rocked too. I bought their CD, met the band, and had all of them sign the cover of the CD.

Skillet was everything I expected and much more. There actually was a P&W atmosphere somewhat, but mostly just rocking. This one guy to my right pulled off his prosthetic leg and was waving it in the air! It was crazy! John kept quoting Nepoleon Dynamite, and he did bring up the subject of doo-doo a couple of times. He is really a funny guy. They sang Rebirthing, The Last Night, and Whispers in the Dark from Comatose, but everything else was old school.

The band sang a bunch of songs, then left the stage. John came back on a little later and gave an excellent, Christ-filled message. Seriously, it was probably the best Salvation message I have heard that was directed towards teenagers. It was great.

I actually didn't stay to meet the band. I really wish I could have, but my wife was ready to go, and our 6 month old son was at home with his Nana, so we wanted to hurry back home. After all, I'm not a teen anymore. Wish I could've gotten some pics though.

I was surprised at how many older people were there, age 35 and up. It was cool! I will definetly be going to more Skillet concerts in the future!

Hey Will

Glad to hear that you had a good time. John is a great speaker...i have heard him really get on a roll at times8)

They do put on a great show...and even us "35 and up" types can rock out...it just takes us a little longer to recuperate then the youngsters:)

theelectric3
01-17-2007, 11:24 AM
glad you had such a great time. 8)

LeShep
01-17-2007, 12:09 PM
I feel ya im 30 and at first felt like wow im in such a weird place, but then when it started it just went easily, I understand the kids too we had a 11 yr old 5 yr old and 2yr old and none was use to being from us, but now since they have seen Skillet too (all 3 kids)they wont let us go it alone anymore... we have to take them or we will never hear the end of it.
yeah with a lil one u want to hurry back. Next time maybe u all can relax and chat them up.. glad to see ur hooked :)and anticipating going again. so hopefully your a proud panhead for life!!!

skilletrocks848
01-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Hi, I'm new to the board.I'm seein Skillet for the first time on 3/2 in Baltimore.Do you have the complete set list from the show?

Unregistered
01-22-2007, 02:17 PM
In the interest of not cluttering up the board with another thread, I'll post this here.

I'm going to a Skillet concert tomorrow with my sister (and Dad, lol!) at a church in Cedar Rapids, Iowa (50 miles away), and if any of you are going to be there (doubt it) make sure you keep an eye out for this face:

http://a414.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/34/l_a75a65ef04c3f4d97711b0ac3de21945.jpg
http://myspace-913.vo.llnwd.net/01475/31/91/1475831913_l.jpg

or this face, which I should be close to:

http://a500.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/36/l_7ce01210454721b1d5372e71c40b648b.jpg

Remember, I'm on the chubby side, so gimme my space. ;) Anyways, if I see some of you guys there, cool, if not, I'll try to enjoy it as much as I can, as it is my first Skillet concert. ;D

unshakeable15
01-25-2007, 10:17 AM
WooT! Let us know how it was, please! :D

LeShep
01-26-2007, 07:08 PM
hey hey there

Yeah have fun i know u will