Isildur9473
01-13-2007, 12:53 AM
The Patriots are going to win. At least, they'd better. After they obliterate San Diego this weekend, they'll go on to demolish everyone else in the playoffs but the Saints? Yeah, sounds good eh? Yeah, right. Take that New Orleans.

The truth always comes out, so here it is. There's this girl in my 3rd hour who's kind of obnoxious, and all she does is talk about World of Warcraft, New Orleans or the New Orleans Saints. If by some mind-boggling coincidence that girl is on here, yeah, that's right, I think you're obnoxious. Not just because of that smart comment you gave me when I was handing papers to you, but for every encounter we've ever had. That one at McDonald's where you kept bothering me works also.

Anyway, Saints v. Patriots, Patriots win by 7 points. That's my superbowl prediction. Anyone else have one?

john316
01-13-2007, 03:42 AM
Well since i live in Maryland i of course am rooting for the Ravens.

As far as the NFC I was going to take the Eagles but I really feel the Bears are the team to beat so...

Ravens/Bears...Ravens by 10

**note...I may update this prediction about 8pm tonight**;)

terrasin
01-13-2007, 05:16 AM
Steelers are out now so I'll be cheering for the commercials.

CJ

Tromos
01-13-2007, 07:43 AM
Chargers humble the Pats (again). Brady learns the meaning of the word "concussion" and finally gets why Merriman has his moniker. LT rushes for 170 yards and 2 TDs. Rivers, predictably, gets picked off twice. Chargers over Pats 27-20.

SuperBowl: The battle of the rookie Charger vs the displaced pro Charger. Chargers and Saints.

35-17 Chargers.

Go Bolts!

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q207/FubarTromos/ChargerLogo.jpg

Isildur9473
01-13-2007, 08:21 AM
Chargers humble the Pats (again). Brady learns the meaning of the word "concussion" and finally gets why Merriman has his moniker. LT rushes for 170 yards and 2 TDs. Rivers, predictably, gets picked off twice. Chargers over Pats 27-20.

SuperBowl: The battle of the rookie Charger vs the displaced pro Charger. Chargers and Saints.

35-17 Chargers.

Go Bolts!

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q207/FubarTromos/ChargerLogo.jpg

Not a Colts fan eh? Anyway, we'll see who's right about Chargers V. Patriots tomorrow...

as~i~lay~dying
01-13-2007, 02:51 PM
Sandiego Chargers vs. Chicago Bears
Going for the San Diego chargers- winning by ... 10 points.

john316
01-13-2007, 05:42 PM
so I'll be cheering for the commercials.

CJ

Word!!

Tromos
01-13-2007, 07:26 PM
Not a Colts fan eh? Anyway, we'll see who's right about Chargers V. Patriots tomorrow...

I'm all right with the Colts. I live in Indiana, so I can tolerate them. I'm not a huge fan of Peyton, but only because he's a Manning and no true Chargers fan has any love for the Manning family :P

No, actually, there's only one team I root against all the time and that - no offense intended to you personally - is the Patriots. Though the Giants (because of Eli) run a close 2nd. I can't begin to express the agony I felt when Seau came out of retirement to play in Foxboro(ugh). >:(

Quadripedman
01-14-2007, 10:07 AM

35-17 Chargers.

Go Bolts!

i think that you mean "Colts" :P . i dont care what anyone else says, the colts will p0wn you all even if their not in the superbowl. they just have that awesomeness to own.

I Bite
01-14-2007, 04:59 PM
I'm rooting for the Colts, simply because Titans are out this year.
:(
but next year...Vince Young is gonna whup up on all a yall.

riz
01-14-2007, 06:45 PM
Bears won!!! But so did the Patriots. :(

No true Clevelander has any love for the Patriots. So, I'm hoping for a Colts victory come Superbowl time!

timmyrotter
01-14-2007, 07:31 PM
fricken bears! seahawks should have had that!

Isildur9473
01-14-2007, 11:00 PM
Wow, that was the best game of football I've seen in a long time. There's a great example of why Tom Brady and the offensive team of the New England Patriots are amazing. It was a sloppy game though, both teams played fairly badly except for the Chargers during the 2nd quarter, and the Pats in the 4th.

Hopefully the Patriots will crush the Colts this upcoming weekend, and then we can have another Patriots superbowl. (That they'll obviously win)'

@Tromos, wow, Ladainian Tomlinson did play really well today. (No sarcasm there, he really did play well.)

Tromos
01-15-2007, 10:11 AM
*sigh*

I missed the whole game because I was on a plane. I got to see the Pats winning field goal and the Chargers missed one. I'm still in mourning. :( The looks of sympathy I got in the Detroit airport as I walked around with my LT jersey on were crushing.

Isildur, I grant you your victory. Please understand that I hope the Pats get pounded by the Colts, but it's no reflection on you personally. And then that the Colts get pounded by the NFC champ.

As for Patriots versus Chargers, I'll grant you three things: the better coach (by far), the better quarterback (by far), and even the better placekicker.

But not the better team. Not while I draw breath.

Isildur9473
01-15-2007, 01:22 PM
There's always next year. The Patriots won't stay consistent forever, as unfortunate as that is.

Tromos
01-15-2007, 04:27 PM
I'm a Notre Dame fan, a Chargers fan, and a Cubs fan.

I left hope behind so long ago I don't even remember where I lost it. :P

alienyouth9292
01-15-2007, 05:07 PM
i think that the saints got it......by the way if the saints do win the superbowl, 20 years from now there will probably be a movie about that team. how they rebounded from katrina and went on to win the superbowl....lol

skilletfreak101
01-18-2007, 08:40 PM
i'll watch the super bowl this year..for the commercials!!!

I Bite
01-22-2007, 04:40 PM
Colts against the Patriots, Colts won 38 to 34! Chicago Bears are going DOWN! I can't wait for the Superbowl

Isildur9473
01-22-2007, 08:52 PM
The Colts are going to lose. Now that the best team in the NFL is no longer there, Rex Grossman is going to have one of those amazing games that most quarterbacks only dream of. Peyton Manning is going to fall apart.

Tromos
01-23-2007, 06:34 AM
Now that the best team in the NFL is no longer there

Yeah, it's a shame they got beat by the Pats ;D

Rex Grossman is going to have one of those amazing games that most quarterbacks only dream of

I don't think so. I don't think Grossman has the potential to be a champion. I agree the Bears win but it will be all about the defense.

Peyton Manning is going to fall apart.

This I agree with. In the matchup of Manning vs. Urlacher, I have to pick Urlacher.

But I guess we'll see. I've already been wrong once.

skilletfreak101
01-23-2007, 06:39 AM
go vikings!!! hahaa just kidding

Tromos
01-23-2007, 08:39 AM
Hey, Tom Clancy wrote a book with the Chargers and the Vikings in the Super Bowl. If that didn't give the book away as fiction, nothing did! ;D

Spiffles
01-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Now that the best team in the NFL is no longer there,

If they are the best team how come they lost and didnt make the superbowl? ;)

riz
01-23-2007, 04:15 PM
Ouch!

Well, I can't say I'm not pleased with the results of the championship games, even if I'm not an avid football fanatic.

I also thought it was rather poor form for Belichick to brush Manning away and not congratulate him.

as~i~lay~dying
02-04-2007, 08:13 PM
The Colts are going to lose. Now that the best team in the NFL is no longer there, Rex Grossman is going to have one of those amazing games that most quarterbacks only dream of. Peyton Manning is going to fall apart.

Hah. So the Colts win the superbowl! 29 to 17 ... I was happy with the results. Quite good for Mr. Manning! I thought it was pretty cool that the coach was a christian. 8)

Tromos
02-05-2007, 05:52 AM
Hah. So the Colts win the superbowl! 29 to 17 ... I was happy with the results. Quite good for Mr. Manning! I thought it was pretty cool that the coach was a christian. 8)

Both coaches are. And they've never hidden it.

But to hear an owner give glory to God . . . now that was a shock! ;D

riz
02-05-2007, 07:37 AM
Hooray!!! For once my prediction was accurate! Too bad I didn't put any money on the game. . .

I Bite
02-05-2007, 10:11 AM

Rex Grossman lost the game for his team. Those two fumbles right after each other(I think in the third quarter)...I think they killed him.

timmyrotter
02-05-2007, 10:13 AM
that game was great, i loved how slippery everything was. too bad DA Bears lost.

Tromos
02-05-2007, 11:18 AM
I think the MVP was bogus, though. Manning may be the team leader, but he was hardly the game MVP. That should have gone to Dominic Rhodes with his 113 yards that dissected the Bears defense.

Or better yet, the real MVP award should have gone to Jeff Saturday and the Colts offensive line that allowed only one sack, opened holes the size of Rhode Island for Rhodes and Addai, and made Urlacher almost a complete non-factor in the game.

Or give it to Ron Meeks who turned the Colts defense from a laughable parody into a machine that shamed even the vaunted Monsters of the Midway holding them to 3 rushing first downs and 3 for 10 on third down.

Break that trophy up and pass it around. There are plenty of people that earned it in last night's game. And Manning was much less worthy than many others.

Quadripedman
02-05-2007, 01:26 PM
Both coaches are. And they've never hidden it.

But to hear an owner give glory to God . . . now that was a shock! ;D

yea, that was pretty cool.

Haloer2006
02-05-2007, 02:33 PM
i was hoping that the patriots would actually get there. Though that didn't seem to happen so then i wanted the Bears to win, but that didn't happen either. So i wanted Paten Manning to get hurt, (i know it's not nice and people should ask for it, but hey it football? isn't it? It's like my mom saying don't check kids in hockey..) but that didn't seem to happen either..