love~addict
01-19-2007, 06:36 PM
one of my BEST friends has decided to give his life over to satan.hes done this before. i had actaully posted a thread about it when it happened last. but the even worse thing is this time i think he's serious. its horrible. he thinks he cant do anything for God anymore and that hes worthless so hes giving his life to satan. he wrote the most depressing horrible poem on a myspace blog. he seriusly needs your prayers. ive told him all i can. i dont know what else to do but ask you guys to pray for him and me. right now i cant help but blame myself. i broke up with him a while back and hes gone down hill since then. i cant help but blame myself for everything hes turned into.maybe he would still be with God if it wasnt for me.i dont know. all of this with him and everything else in my life has stressed me out so much its starting to literally kill me. everyone wants me to stop talking to him but i cant. if i do and give up on him when i couldve been there for him and been a witness and and then he dies...id never forgive myself. but if i keep talking to him and going through all this its literally gonna kill me.no joke.i dont know what to do either way one of us may die. i rather be the one to die because least i would die and go to heaven. i dont know i just really need your prayer for him and for me. to not only make the right decisions[[along with him needing to make the right ones]] but to not kill myself with worrying or stress:'(
thanx
love in Christ

Quadripedman
01-19-2007, 08:17 PM
i will pray for him, and you.

CHRIST ON!!!

kybz
01-20-2007, 04:46 AM
I will pray for you and your friend.

However, you need to stop blaming yourself for his actions. It never was and never will be your fault. Try not to let him make you feel less of yourself or the power in you because of his actions - that is the work of Satan.

As a child of God, you have the authority to defeat this hold he has on you. You have the power of the Holy Spirit to overcome the thoughts that Satan is placing in your head.

maybe he would still be with God if it wasnt for me.i dont know.

It is NOT your fault he turned to Satan, you are NOT in control of his life and therefore you cannot make him do anything or be responsible for his actions and finally you do NOT have any reason to feel that it should be such a hold that it is 'killing' you.

I can see that you love this guy a lot, and that your feelings for him are very strong - platonically, if not romantically. You cannot let those feelings be in control of how you see this person.

Hard as it is, you may have to cut yourself from him and just continue to pray only. Your parents and friends may be right in this regard.

love~addict
01-20-2007, 11:58 AM
thank you. but the thing im afraid of is that he feels like everyone has left him. and everytime someone leaves it pushes him closer and closer to believe satans lies and believe that hess alone and that hes useless and that his life doesnt matter. i promised him along time ago id never leave him. if i leave him now ill not only break that promise but ill be pushing him closer also. and im afraid if i leave to he'll kill himself. last night he threatened to. my mom had to talk to him b/c i couldnt speak let alone breathe.he promised my mom he wouldnt kill himself last nihgt but he wont promise for another days that he wont.:'(

1nonlyjen
01-20-2007, 03:45 PM
I'm praying for you, sweetie, and I have started a couple of other prayer chains on your behalf. *hugs*

john316
01-20-2007, 04:27 PM
Aly..I will join the rest in prayer for you and your friend.

Blessings

John

Undomiel
01-20-2007, 04:31 PM
i'm prayin'...:)

alienyouth9292
01-20-2007, 05:54 PM
i will pray for your friend, aly....:)

Quadripedman
01-20-2007, 09:22 PM
Hugs all around! :)

m_money618
01-20-2007, 09:35 PM
Lean on God, trust Him, even if it feels like you can't. He alone is your strenth, nothing else. Only He can mend our weary hearts and repair our broken ways. He is always there for you, even when nobody else is.

It took me forever to get this through my head, to fully understand it. I'm still learning, but trusting, someday it'll all be ok again. Do not blame yourself.

I hope those were the right words to say.

Know I'm praying for you:)
-Sarah

love~addict
01-21-2007, 07:38 PM
thank you guys so much. hes choice has changed still. this is the longest he's ever pursued this nutty decision. and i still cant help but blame myself. no matter what i do i cant. he emailed me a while back pretending to be someone else.he cussed out God and cussed me out. he blamed me for everything basically. he said he didnt mean it he was just mad but i think thats what he actaully thinks. i cant help but believe it. on top of all this next week is exam week and im stressed to the max. i dont know what to do i cant handle all this. i know i have God and he is my strength:) but..i just...i feel like all this is still killing me.

Tromos
01-22-2007, 05:41 AM
I thought of your friend during yesterday's sermon, Aly.

The pastor was talking about how we live our lives like we're damaged goods. Our Father wants us to be healed and to live life abundantly.

One thing the pastor said really caught my attention. He was talking about the patterns of abuse - how the abused often become abusers. He said, "The devil wants us to believe that we're no better than what's been done to us." For some reason, that made me think about your friend and the way Satan has been fooling him into thinking that he deserves a living hell.

I'll keep praying.

kittygirl
01-22-2007, 10:25 AM
Once more, not your fault. Everyone has free will, and choices to make. People either choose Christ, or they don't. And it's not someone elses fault.

fifi la bomba
01-23-2007, 07:16 AM
i have a song for you and your friend...

things will get better, this i promise you.
it won't feel this way forever.
things will get better, this i PROMISE you....

spoken sang it. and Jesus said it. this will all work out in the end. it's his choice what to do with his life. my brother is also away from God. it hurts so much. but you have to trust that God knows what He's doing, and perhaps this is happening so that when your friend finally does come to Christ, he'll be able to use his tesimony to reach that one person that can't be reached by any other person. you have to trust in Jesus!! you HAVE to! God knows what's going on. He feels your pain and love for this person. but He knows what to do. He's working on it. trust in Him, please please please, and stop blaming yourself. if you did do anything, please believe that it was in God's plan. some people have to hit the bottom before they can look up. i pray that this isn't true for your friend, but if it is, please just keep praying and God WILL take care of the rest.

\m/ much love, keep praying, God's blessings...

love~addict
01-25-2007, 02:30 PM
thank you guys...all of you so much for praying i have a wonderful update. hes changed his mind again. and hes no longer a satanist hes back with God. so please pray that this time his decision will stay for forever and that me and all of his christian friends can stay a great witness towards him and that he'll grow in God. right now hes still having issues. hes not really happy that hes back with God. i mean he loves God and wants to be with him but i guess he just doesnt feel happy idk idk how to explain it really. just please he still desperatly needs your prayers and so do i.

i am george
01-25-2007, 04:28 PM
yay! i will still pray for you aly

alienyouth9292
01-27-2007, 11:20 AM
your friend makes it seem like religion is a little game where you choose sides- one day he's "for" God, one day he's "for" Satan....it is very sad.

i will keep on praying

kittygirl
01-27-2007, 12:03 PM
(I'd have to say I agree with you there)

When someone is truly a Christian, and God's gotten ahold of his heart, he doesn't make flippant desicians based on how he feels. When you go based on your feelings all the time, you will wind up confused, and unstable. Not to say that having feelings is bad, but they are a tool, not a master.

So, if your friend makes desicians based on how things look, or "Yeah God, today I'll follow you." but the next says "Well, I'm sorry God, but today I've decided to be a Satanist." then I wouldn't feel too bad. It's not your burden, it's between him and God.