alien_youth2005
01-22-2007, 07:36 PM
I was wondering how do christian bands even get started?
Like do they post ads looking for band members or what do they do?

DarkestRose
01-22-2007, 07:54 PM
I imagine that it would involve be able to sing and play an instrument well, then finding friends who share a musical interest and talent. I always thought it would be friends getting together. Or maybe asking around through a school gossip mill. But what you stated could work. I think there'd be lots of ways.

timmyrotter
01-22-2007, 09:18 PM
im sure christian bands start out basically the way non-christian ones do...

friends getting together, the only other way really would be super good at one thing, and then some random band, or label would pick you up to go with another band or recording artist.

skilletfreak101
01-23-2007, 06:38 AM
I was wondering how do christian bands even get started?
Like do they post ads looking for band members or what do they do?
uhhh...they are probably like, "hey i have an idea..let's start a band! oh yeah and we can be christian!"

kittygirl
01-23-2007, 04:04 PM
Alot of Worship bands morph into a band that is Christian. The lyrics are key, and their stage presence is too.

Joelle
01-25-2007, 10:32 AM
you guys should check out a band called soldiers march asleep..www.myspace.com/soldiersmarchasleep ..that is if you like screamo or metal or rock or whatever it's called these days

alienyouth9292
01-29-2007, 12:22 PM
i bet alot of christian bands start by a group of christian friends at a church or school coming together and writing songs. once they get a couple good songs recorded, they send them to a christian record company as a demo....the rest is history!!

aliensoul_squire20
01-29-2007, 03:22 PM
My brother's first band was him and a few freinds from school and I think one guy he met at a youth group.

The second band....... not so sure how he met those guys. One of them was from school with him, the others I guess he met just by getting out there and making friends.

And now, the current band is friends he met at college.

if that's any insight into the origonal question.

DarkestRose
01-29-2007, 08:45 PM
i bet alot of christian bands start by a group of christian friends at a church or school coming together and writing songs. once they get a couple good songs recorded, they send them to a christian record company as a demo....the rest is history!!

How long have you been playing drums?

alienyouth9292
01-30-2007, 11:29 AM
How long have you been playing drums?

i don't consider myself to be a good drummer at all, i mainly just mess around with simple beats.....i've only been playin a set for about two months. ;D

DarkestRose
01-30-2007, 02:13 PM
Oh, well it's still cool that you play. You'll probably learn more as you play longer, like most instruments.

unshakeable15
02-01-2007, 01:42 PM
i very much doubt that many bands get signed from sending in demos. Very few (a minuscule number) bands get signed from demos. Record companies generally throw out all the demos they get. There might be a few execs that don't, but i've yet to hear of one that actively listens to every demo they receive.

DarkestRose
02-01-2007, 02:03 PM
How does a band get "discovered" then? Out of curiosity...

jade
02-02-2007, 01:25 PM
There are many ways a band could get discovered ... touring ... a lot, getting you name out there, getting radio play, knowing the right people, playing with other bands, making connections. It really comes down to being at the right place, at the right time, your networking, and a ton of hard work.

Quadripedman
02-02-2007, 05:42 PM
well, my band (me and my best friend, i sing and he plays guitar; we only have lyrics, not any music, or a drumer...or a basseer.er.), i wrote a song (the one i posted on songs by us panheads) and gave it to him and we sorta came up with the idea together.