smasth_the_tv
01-23-2007, 04:01 AM
hmph. where 2 start....? oh yeah, wit Adam and Eve. yeah, we all know the story, but have you ever realized the connections to aeverything (yeah i do mean everything, both good and bad)all goes back to glorifing God. that's our purpose, to bring praise and honor to God. ok, so what does that have to do w/ Adam and Eve? ok.....??? ....you really got to stay w/ me to understand what im talkin about.kay'? got it. get it. good!

ok. God created the heavens and the earth blah, blah, blah, we know this already.after that God casts down the devil form heaven to earth (yes from heaven to earth cuz earth had to be created for satan to fall to earth right?) When Satan sees that "Man" and all earth and everything else is greater than him and not only that we took his job (*ok side note: Satan was the "ALTIMATE WORSHIP LEADER" and God created us to worship....satan hate worship......we worship.....get the connection here?*).
ok, Satan gets mad and wants us to fall along with him (if he cannt have heavan niether can we...) so he tempts us and u know the outcome.....

but think about it.......we may stop praising God but even the very rocks cry out reminding Satan of the job he lost...worshhip is sooo important that its our life source. wee cannt live w/ out worship. if everything stoped worshiping everything would be destroyed!

sick eh?;)

weebird20
01-23-2007, 07:06 AM
i like what you've posted here Shanise...it does seem to connect up well...nice job :)

tho just one wee point...we don't really know if Satan was a leader of worship..of course he did have a lot of responsibility...there are many verses which show that he did have a high position...but whether or not it involved leading the other angels in worship i dunno...

but yes i think what you have said there really sounds great...it makes sense...God created mankind to be a little lower than the angels...

PSALM 8:4-8
"What is man that You are mindful of him, and the son of man that You visit him? For You have made him a little lower than the angels, and You have crowned him with glory and honor. You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet, all sheep and oxen -- even the beasts of the field, the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea that pass through the paths of the seas."

yet we were given ruler-ship over the earth...this could have been a factor in the fall of Satan...maybe he couldn't understand why God had given such responsibility to those he maybe thought inferior...i dunno...just a suggestion...

smasth_the_tv
01-23-2007, 08:38 AM
i get what ur saying......

NightCrawler
01-23-2007, 08:45 AM
Glorifying God: the chief end of man --- according to the Westminster Confession/Catechism. Good :D

kybz
01-30-2007, 03:31 AM
but think about it.......we may stop praising God but even the very rocks cry out reminding Satan of the job he lost...worshhip is sooo important that its our life source. wee cannt live w/ out worship. if everything stoped worshiping everything would be destroyed!

sick eh?;)

This is so true yet it more than just in singing praises and crying out in song that makes worship so important... It's a daily continual act of servitude and reverence to our Lord God, an act of sacrifice, truth, faith and conviction and most importantly a continual belive in His Word and ressurection!

See this thread (http://www.panheads.org/boards/showthread.php?t=5817) for a deeper discussion on worship.

somasoul
02-01-2007, 04:22 AM
Has anyone here seen the movie "Idiocracy"?

DarkestRose
02-04-2007, 10:54 PM
Has anyone here seen the movie "Idiocracy"?

No, but it sounds funny. How does it tie in with the thread?

somasoul
02-05-2007, 04:23 AM
No, but it sounds funny. How does it tie in with the thread?

Luke Wilson's character had a hard time understanding other people because of the way they talked.

Anyway, it was a funny movie. You should check it out.

smasth_the_tv
02-28-2007, 07:03 AM
Luke Wilson's character had a hard time understanding other people because of the way they talked.

Anyway, it was a funny movie. You should check it out.

what????
...ummm..ok.....are you saying i talk funny?
anyways.....one of the things is when u read in the bible about the beasts that are always crying out to God. they are ALWAYS crying out to God and Jesus is always interseding for us. if all that would stop we would all die!
scary!