Vuren
01-24-2007, 09:11 PM
So i just say my first skillet concert tonight and it was amazing...lots of fun, liked how john...uh...preached(?) it was very interesting to listen to, and such and they were very nice to talk to after the concert.

DarkestRose
01-24-2007, 09:51 PM
What'd he say?

aliensoul_squire20
01-25-2007, 06:53 AM
SKillet concerts are AMAZING. No matter how many times I see them, if I had the choice between them and a band I've never seen, I'd pick skillet without any thought required.;D

NightCrawler
01-25-2007, 07:39 AM
I was thinking you were talkin' about World of Warcraft.

At which I was going to rant.

theelectric3
01-25-2007, 03:21 PM
so glad that you had a nice time rockin'. :)

BondageDuck
01-25-2007, 08:31 PM

Hahahahahaha, me too!!!!!!::] ;D

Vuren
01-26-2007, 12:00 AM

haha, no, WoW will never be the MMO for me, i started those back in the day when they weren't the popular thing(i will always be a norathian at heart(everquest))

but anyways, what john had said during the concert(sorta...not sure if it was a sermon or not but...) that he'd run into many secular people who had said "i don't hate christianity but hated christians because of how they acted. well that's something that i really latched on to due to the fact that at the age of 11 i was being called a satanist every day by a kid in my class because i played a game called "magic the gathering" because it was "voodoo" and "an way for the occult to getting new members". by the time i hit highschool i was wearing almost all black with some eyeliner and lipstick, which didn't help matters much either. i was always the black sheep of any class i was in. But anyways i had always felt attacked by the christians i knew(while attending a lutheren church i was made fun of because i've never been babtized and refused to take communion(and because i felt it was immoral to drink from the common cup and try to get drunk off it and brag about it like my peers did.) and the list continues. But john quoted scripture about...i think zedeikah(tax collector, correct me if i am wrong please) and how jesus interacted with them. And really what he said struck a cord and made me feel much better about it, that someone from those who chastized me realized what was going on and wanted to change it.

breakthesilence
01-31-2007, 10:12 PM
and? *ahem*
;D

Haloer2006
02-06-2007, 11:51 AM
I wish they would come to Mass, becuase they don't have anything except Switchfoot coming here in March! Though i know Soul-Fest and Kingdom Bound is here too.. But my youth group is going to soul Fest and not Kingdom bound sadly.. And even if they came to RI i would go, but everything seems way to far away, and I want to go really badly.. (It would be my first concert.. =( since my youth group just got active!)