Tromos
01-25-2007, 09:30 AM
In a manner typical of the marketing lightweights over at Forefront Records ::] , X Worship 2007 hit the shelves on Tuesday. Now I'm not the biggest fan of worship music, but Demon Hunter, Underoath, and Chasing Victory on a Worship album?? That's just a little weird.

Anyone pick this up yet?

(Here's a link (http://www.musichristian.com/sys/product.php?PRODUCT=170918)to the CD at MusicChristian. Predictably, Forefront's website has absolutely nothing to indicate the CD even exists)

RougeLeader
01-25-2007, 09:39 AM
If this is the same as X 2006 then it's gonna rock!!!;D ;D ;D
whether or not my cd is a worship album I don't know. But I can tell you this if it's the same series of albums there will not be a single worship song on there;) ;D .

the rocker
01-25-2007, 11:48 AM
Interesting. I defenitely wouldn't classify One Thousand Apologies or To Whom it May Concern as worship songs at all [though they have great lyrics]. It's just not what I think of.

Tromos
01-25-2007, 11:59 AM
If this is the same as X 2006 then it's gonna rock!!!;D ;D ;D
whether or not my cd is a worship album I don't know. But I can tell you this if it's the same series of albums there will not be a single worship song on there;) ;D .

Be careful. Don't confuse the X albums with the X Worship albums. While they look the same and clearly try to play off each other, they are distributed by different companies (X is from BEC Recordings, X Worship is from Forefront Records).

Normally the X Worship CDs will have more upbeat worship songs while the X CDs will have edgier non-worship stuff. X Worship 2007 is an odd mix of stuff that hardly anyone would consider worship (see the post above this one) and stuff that's ridiculously outdated (like a 5-year-old Relient K track).

So far, the look of this CD is "Let's throw something together ."

kittygirl
01-25-2007, 04:22 PM
I actually liked the X-Worship 2006; even if it's not a worship song per-se, I still liked it. Example: Breathe You In

Undomiel
01-26-2007, 08:29 AM
X Worship 2006 was great, but i'm not sure about 2007, 'cause i haven't heard it yet...

RougeLeader
01-26-2007, 02:39 PM
[Be careful. Don't confuse the X albums with the X Worship albums. While they look the same and clearly try to play off each other, they are distributed by different companies (X is from BEC Recordings, X Worship is from Forefront Records).]
yeah your probably right.:P

alienyouth9292
02-09-2007, 04:49 PM
i have the regular "x" albums and the rock, but it looks like the "x worship" albums aren't that great....:(

Shattered_Life
02-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Yeah...I wasn't really impressed with the X 2006 Worship album. I have all "regular" X albums since '04 and I think the '06 is the best.

I love the song "Awake" on X07 though. It makes me want the new SDS album like crazy.

skynes
02-13-2007, 01:12 PM
the song on X-worship from Demon hunter is 1000 apologies from Triptych.

The meaning according to DH is: "“One Thousand Apologies” is a song that I wrote as an apology to someone that I hurt. In the song, I talk about how foolish I’d been and how destructive my actions. “Resolutions are the same tomorrow” means that I will try to be a better person every day. *A frequently asked question about this song is about the line that are not printed in the lyric sheet. The line is: "Count the cost of your vile means/ solace comes to less."

Now where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.
Hebrews 10:18 "

This isn't exactly a Worship song... isn't even about Christ...