korey_cooper_jr
01-27-2007, 12:18 PM
So I've been writing songs for about 4 years now. I've been compared to that of Jennifer Knapp, Avril Lavigne, and even Thousand Foot Krutch, haha. Tell me what you think.

This is who I am instead:
www.myspace.com/ameliaconway

www.purevolume.com/ameliaconway

Thank you for your time.

alienyouth9292
01-27-2007, 01:56 PM
those songs are pretty good....are you wanting to do music for a career?

Quadripedman
01-27-2007, 06:30 PM
wow, thats pretty dang good :P

m_money618
01-27-2007, 10:03 PM
I like it. it's all really good:)

korey_cooper_jr
01-28-2007, 04:21 AM
those songs are pretty good....are you wanting to do music for a career?

Hm... I really considered it for a while, but I don't think I could handle on-demand writing songs. Like trying to finish a deadline for an album (if I got a record deal). I do like writing songs. Plus.. I don't know if I really sound unique. I don't want to be like every other band :p

Last semester in college I competed in the college's Talent Show and won 2nd place (which also came with a nice reward of $75, too) by singing the song, "Where You Are".

And thank you guys for taking the time to listen. I really appreciate it.

the rocker
01-28-2007, 04:45 PM
Where You Are is really good. Good guitar, great voice, great lyrics.

Mikhail
01-29-2007, 06:43 AM
Where You Are and Waiting For You are realy cool:)

I Bite
01-29-2007, 12:02 PM
I like it alot. Have you taken voice lessons?

LeShep
01-29-2007, 12:08 PM
your songs sound beautiful and love u singing yours to hold

korey_cooper_jr
01-29-2007, 06:24 PM
I like it alot. Have you taken voice lessons?

Nope, and actually, I taught myself guitar (which I pride myself on... :)).

Thank you guys again for the encouraging comments. It makes a difference :)

I just finished writing another song last night. I'll probably record it this coming weekend and have it up. :)

korey_cooper_jr
03-22-2007, 10:54 AM
I just got done making a music video to a short song I wrote yesterday. Check it out and let me know what you think :)

"Message In A Bottle" by Amelia Conway (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2VLno2hcZI)

alienyouth9292
03-22-2007, 04:31 PM
cool!!

korey_cooper_jr
03-23-2007, 04:49 AM
Thanks a lot for the feedback alienyouth9292 :)

guitarfreak
03-23-2007, 04:03 PM
hey, i just went 2 ur purvolume. u sound awesome.
be assured if u ever put anything out i'd buy it in a heart beat. awesome job!
~guitarfreak
PS. u sound a lot like Bethany Dillon to me. just a side-note.

korey_cooper_jr
03-26-2007, 04:15 AM
Thanks a lot for the listen guitarfreak! You know, I haven't heard Bethany Dillon, but I'll definitely check out her stuff. Thanks for the comment!

I Bite
03-27-2007, 08:43 AM
hey, i just went 2 ur purvolume. u sound awesome.
be assured if u ever put anything out i'd buy it in a heart beat. awesome job!
~guitarfreak
PS. u sound a lot like Bethany Dillon to me. just a side-note.

you know, you're right. she does sound like Bethany Dillon.

hmm.

i never thought of that before...

DarkestRose
04-02-2007, 01:52 PM
I'm really getting a Jennifer Knapp vibe, which is awesome because she's my favorite solo artist. You are really good at songwriting and singing. I heart your music very much.

korey_cooper_jr
04-03-2007, 03:56 AM
Awww, thanks a lot DarkestRose! I really appreciate that! I grew up listening to Jennifer Knapp. She was awesome! I'm still working on some songs, but right now I'm just playing worship songs in church. With college, it's hard to ever find time alone to work on stuff :p When summer comes, watch out!! 8)

john316
04-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Great stuff Amelia...Tell Me was my fav. All i ask is when you are playing Creation remember me for back stage passes!!

Quadripedman
04-07-2007, 07:34 PM
me too :P

just make sure you come to middle-of-nowhere indiana. its near kentucky. i guess. lol :)

DarkestRose
04-08-2007, 03:12 PM
ha ha...Panheads get backstage passes free!

korey_cooper_jr
04-08-2007, 06:39 PM
Haha, I could never imagine playing at an actual concert. I've never actually been to a concert where you couldn't really mosh to the music. I just figured people wouldn't wanna go to any concert with the kind of music I play. I always seen it as a coffee shop gig.

So have any of you seen like Jennifer Knapp or Bethany Dillan in concert? If so, did you enjoy it?

DarkestRose
04-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Haven't seen a Jennifer Knapp concert. I started getting into her music about the same time she quit touring. But I heard that she did a lot of church, college, etc. types of shows before she was given a record deal. And there is that Live CD of hers that came out awhile ago, and I heard that was pretty well received. And most concert reviews of her shows seem to be very positive.

At Creation, I walked by a Bethany Dillan concert. I didn't actually watch it, but it seemed like an acoustic set and people were mostly listening and standing.

Both seem like good concerts for taking in the music, really focusing on the lyrics.

Rathe
04-20-2007, 11:28 AM
Thats really good, you've got a gift.

DarkestRose
04-20-2007, 11:32 PM
I really like the songs "Where You Are" and "Let Go". Your photos on purevolume are cool too.

korey_cooper_jr
06-12-2007, 04:02 PM
I just finished recording another song today. I plan on recording another one in a couple of days as well. It's called "Show Me You're Different".

www.myspace.com/ameliaconway

Let me know what you think. :)

DarkestRose
06-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Oh, I really like it! :D

korey_cooper_jr
06-12-2007, 06:03 PM
Thanks a lot! ;D

korey_cooper_jr
06-17-2007, 05:47 PM
I wrote another song called, "Made For You". I made a video for this one. You can check it out at:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sWzZIjWKuro

*Disclaimer = I only have a cheap webcam to record with, so it's not great quality. But it was fun making and editing. And plus you get to hear my song!

Made For You

Verse 1:
I am holding on
When I should be letting go
And though you’ve moved on
All I want is to know

Chorus:
Do you still believe that we could come to be
Something more than what we have made it into?

Verse 2:
I am scared to
Trust you and let you in
Because once I do
I’ll never let go again

Bridge:
What happened to "you were made for me"?
What happened to the words you said to me?
What happens to the words you still say to me…
When you’re with her...

Chorus

Ending:
Because "I was made for you"

Copyright: Amelia Conway 6/14/07

korey_cooper_jr
07-05-2007, 07:12 PM
Since PH.org is coming to a closure, I just want to take this time to thank all of you (esp. Jennifer) for taking the time to check out my music and really let me know what you guys think. Years ago, when I first started playing guitar and writing, even then this was my safe haven to get reviews, encouragement, and constructive criticsm to grow. A piece of me will always be apart of this place, and this place apart of me.

Panheads.org will live on as long as there are panheads!! Just in our hearts <3