forceflow17
01-30-2007, 11:06 AM
what do you think of flatfoot 56? i've heard they're christian but havent been able to look into it.

etribe
01-31-2007, 07:27 AM
what do you think of flatfoot 56? i've heard they're christian but havent been able to look into it.

I saw them play at Shoutfest this past summer when they came through Oklahoma City. I got the chance to talk to them briefly too.

Anyhoo...they play Christian festivals and are signed to a Christian label (if memory serves), and talk about their faith in Christ...:)

They play odd mix of punk music w/ the occasional bagpipe, mandolin, and/or other traditional celtic intrument. I didn't know how to take it at first, but it kinda grew on me after a little bit.

LeShep
01-31-2007, 08:04 AM
I love the way they do Amazing Grace..I was like wow r they really going to do such a beautiful song.. and then the bag pipes started and a bit later they went full force and fast singing it and with a raspy voice.Dawn from FireFlight got up there and was singing with them and stepped it up a notch with their crazyness together.

I cant wait to se them again.

music_maniac
02-05-2007, 06:11 PM
Where I used to live they would come do shows every couple of months. (This was before they got signed) They are one of my favorite bands, like ever. I've seen them three times, and met all of them. They're a celtic punk band with hardcore lyrics, basically awesome. Three of them are preacher's kids. http://www.flickerrecords.com/flatfoot/ecard/flatfoot_ecard.html

-rachel

WarriorforTruth
02-13-2007, 12:42 PM
They ROCK! THe only way I could like them better is if they had a Hammer Dulcimer in the band, but I suppose after finding a Christian rock band w/bagpipes, I should not be too picky... I think that they should use the penny/tin whistle more often...

What are they like in concert?

amodman
02-22-2007, 09:13 PM
Flatfoot is one of those bands that's pretty good on cd but BLOWS YOU AWAY live. Half because they have so much frickin' energy on top of being hilariously entertaining (kilts, baby powder, costumes, that is all I will say), and half because their fan base is hardcore too. I have yet to go to a show of theirs with an insane circle pit with giant flags and the works (which Flatfoot provides).

Granted, I've seen them in IL, their home state.