Vuren
02-01-2007, 10:26 PM
So i was on annother board i frequent quite oftne and they had brought up this website www.godhatesgoths.com and i was hoping i could get your guys opinions, both what you think about it and what the bible actually says about it because...well i sorta feel that it's so skewed and biased that the website is useless!

terrasin
02-01-2007, 11:08 PM
*twitches*

All I will say is that it's another Christian organization who, instead of using their time productively and in a loving manner, choose to spend their time whining and protesting everything under the sun.

CJ

Vuren
02-02-2007, 01:50 AM
and they wonder why people hate them neh?

skynes
02-02-2007, 01:53 AM
Rubbish, nonsense, trash and a dozen other negative describers that would get me banned for uttering.

I looked through some of it. The term TWISTED SCRIPTURE springs to mind very strongly. Then they have the cheek to accuse others of not using verses in context.

According to this website, being a goth, dressing like a goth and playing violent video games are all classified as blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

This is site is useless to us, for Satan's manipulative purposes? It's very useful, it's just another thing for him to use as an obstacle to those who would turn to Christ.

kybz
02-02-2007, 03:32 AM
What I love (sarcastically) is that he/she brings out the whole "Unforgiveable sin" line...

Even though some of the stuff said has some merit, he/she is making sound like once someone puts on the Goth clothing he/she will never be able to be forgiven...

This is what really annoys me about some Christians, they take such a high moral road that they forget they are human and failing as well, and they are here for one thing only really - to tell others about Christ and to lead them to salvation.

It's so agonising to see people do this in the name of Christianity, and God, cause it paints such a wrong picture of what being a Christian is all about!

Well, I guess we all have our own failings... He/she is just making theirs more obvious...

asparagus
02-02-2007, 04:29 AM
well i sorta feel that it's so skewed and biased that the website is useless!Yep!

timmyrotter
02-02-2007, 09:49 AM
So i was on annother board i frequent quite oftne and they had brought up this website www.godhatesgoths.com and i was hoping i could get your guys opinions, both what you think about it and what the bible actually says about it because...well i sorta feel that it's so skewed and biased that the website is useless!

i wouldnt be too worried, that website is garbage, i doubt anyone really uses it. the net is so big anymore, there is a website for almost anything

I Bite
02-02-2007, 10:15 AM
And we wonder why people hate Christians. Sites like these make me mad, even if "no one really uses it". It still doesn't make it right.

DOESN'T THE BIBLE SAY THAT GOD LOVES EVERYONE?

No. You are probably thinking of John 3:16, which says no such thing. This verse actualy says 'God loves the World'. Which by no way means every individual of mankind who has ever lived (see John 17:9).

That is not the way to show someone's God's love. They will never convert someone with this attitude.

unshakeable15
02-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Under "What is Goth?"

So we are 'Parents Against Goth' because Goth is an easy term to categorise the whorish dressing deviants that poison our world, the depressed kids who cut themselves and think its right, the abusive skaters, the long haired satanists, wiccan devil worshippers, the nazi kids who shoot their classmates for amuzment.

They just described 6 types of people who are hurting and trying to find some kind of solace in this world.

i'm sure this site will help heal their pain. ::]

timmyrotter
02-02-2007, 12:23 PM
solace... ;)

forceflow17
02-02-2007, 03:26 PM
God does love everyone, and as for the unforgivable sin thing, haven't they ever heard of eternal security?

timmyrotter
02-02-2007, 03:30 PM
God does love everyone, and as for the unforgivable sin thing, haven't they ever heard of eternal security?

those are touchy subjects that are interprated differently by different people, and are for another thread.

forceflow17
02-02-2007, 03:32 PM
sorry

alienyouth9292
02-02-2007, 05:12 PM
these people are the ones that need God....

BarlowgIRL
02-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Hmm...all I have to say is www.christiangoth.com...

theelectric3
02-02-2007, 07:20 PM
"These six things the Lord hates,
Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:
A proud look,
A lying tongue,
Hands that shed innocent blood,
A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that are swift in running to evil,
A false witness who speaks lies,
And one who sows discord [or strife] among bretheren."

Provers 6:16-19

i don't see God's word ever saying God hates goths, preps, punks, country folk, emo kids, skater kids, jocks, etc.

instead, it is the heart and character of a person that He looks at. you are not a sinner without hope if you are a goth.

we, as the body of Christ, need to do less pointing and judging - and more praying and loving.

Vuren
02-02-2007, 11:46 PM
This is what really annoys me about some Christians, they take such a high moral road that they forget they are human and failing as well, and they are here for one thing only really - to tell others about Christ and to lead them to salvation.

but, here's the thing, it's either a hoax website, or that they actually do think they are spreading gods word...either are scary, the first is scary because people will think it's true and there are plenty of...mindless christians out there(how else would some..."christians" have followings like they do) or those new to the church that are gulliable. and then the second is scary just because people think like that in such broad strokes(at least with this issue) and in this website i see every thing, every thought, every iota that i hated and feared among christians(do not take this the wrong way). I mean this just harkens back to the crusades in a lot of ways. And their reasons to not listen to Rammstien is ludicris...i mean by thier logic we shouldn't read the fiary tales grim. Or that because i share the birthdate of hitler i must be a little hitler!

agent_c68
02-03-2007, 01:40 AM
Interesting... but there is one little thing that was over looked on the bottome of the About Us (http://godhatesgoths.com/_wsn/page9.html) page...

DISCLAIMER : The Godhatesgoths website, Parents Against Goth Movement and Gods Hammer Baptist Church are complete works of fiction. It is a satire/parody...

It is one big joke. it is making fun of all those God hates ____ sites and anti-goth/metal groups out there. Sadly I can't tell if it is a Christians doing this to point this out or others to make fun of Christians, but it seems the later may be more the truth.

kybz
02-03-2007, 04:10 AM
Oh man, I fully didn't see that at all!

Ok, so now this adds another question.... why? Why bother doing all that hard work for something that people will/could/might see and get the totally wrong idea, such as most of us have?

Suer they say it a pardoy and satirical and black humour, but whats the point really?

Seems like a waste of time to me...

skynes
02-03-2007, 06:24 AM

Ok, so now this adds another question.... why? Why bother doing all that hard work for something that people will/could/might see and get the totally wrong idea, such as most of us have?

Suer they say it a pardoy and satirical and black humour, but whats the point really?

*shrug* my best guess would be the reason you said. Give people the totally wrong idea. They can always claim that they had a Disclaimer and it's the fault of the viewer for not looking through it thoroughly enough.

somasoul
02-03-2007, 06:41 AM

I wonder how many people on this board are exactly like the "God Hates Goths" folks. The site is a parody, it took me all of 15 seconds to figure that out. On the main page these words appear:

"DO GOTHS REALLY EAT BABIES? LEARN THE SECRET GOTH HANDSHAKE! LEARN WHY CATS ARE EVIL AND HATED BY GOD! HITLER - WAS HE REALLY A GOTH? ARE GOTHS REALLY AFRAID OF CLOWNS?"

Gee golly whiz, folks. Read the site. If the "God Hates Goths" folks were real, they would be making ignorant statements. Everyone here got down them and committed the same "sin" they did. You all made a decision without first inspecting the material.
Of course, the "God Hates Goths" people were doing so in jest, you all were doing it for real.

animeraven34
02-03-2007, 09:03 AM

Near as I can tell it's supposed to be a satire on how hypocritical, elitist, and ultra-conservative Christianity has become. Personally, I think they went too far with it, and that CJ's initial assessment fits.

If everyone really wants something to whine about and criticize, then here you go: http://www.godhatesfags.com/

Stridergorn
02-03-2007, 02:48 PM
I couldn't help but laugh at that website. And I'm so glad that it's fake. Not that there aren't people in this world that are almost that crazy, there are. But that was just over the top.

kittygirl
02-03-2007, 05:06 PM

god doesn't hate anyone. End of story.
See things through His eye's, and maybe you'll feel less angry about your life, and stop hating people....

DarkestRose
02-03-2007, 07:19 PM
While, I do get very upset with people who abuse Christianity and twist God's message, I would have wanted the creators of the website to have used another mode. It just bothers me that people could easily be misled to think it is an honest website and either end up with a skewered vision of Christianity or goths. Some people here thought it was real. It seems rather reckless and unwise.

Vuren
02-04-2007, 01:49 AM
the problem with it though is that people won't read the disclaimer about it...and think it's real. and they will have annother excuse to have bigotry in thier lifes.

skynes
02-04-2007, 04:46 AM
god doesn't hate anyone. End of story.
See things through His eye's, and maybe you'll feel less angry about your life, and stop hating people....

Not to change the subject, but the Bible says in various places that God hates a person. Be it for their sin, (He calls them an abomination) some like Essau (says in Hebrews that God hated him) etc.

Do a Bible search on hate, see what comes up.

alorian
02-04-2007, 07:39 AM
If I did the site, I'd think it would be a laugh if somebody used it in a paper they wrote, or a debate, especially a debate, and when their professor, or, more fun, their opposition, looked at the credentials.... heh.... well you can imagine the look on their face.....

Garth
02-04-2007, 12:23 PM
We mave have established that God loves the little goth kids, but there is one thing we know for sure- God hates country music. :-*

alorian
02-04-2007, 12:46 PM
:d

Vuren
02-04-2007, 07:39 PM
We mave have established that God loves the little goth kids, but there is one thing we know for sure- God hates country music. :-*

doesn't everyone(i live in nebraska i have to listen to it at work, the mall...and i have to see larry the cable guy on the streets...SAVE ME!

as~i~lay~dying
02-04-2007, 08:50 PM
I'm sure we can all agree, that sight is pretty much BOGUS!!... that christiangoth site is pretty sweet.

Haloer2006
02-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Well some people who are Goth are just doing it to be weird and get attention.. but i don't think God dislikes any one but who am I to say anything?