Haloer2006
02-05-2007, 04:32 PM
"Some friends bring ruin to us,
but a true friend is more loyal then a brother."

So what do you think about it?

That some friends are really great but others are just kinda there, they donít really act like friends. And those are the ones that may lead us away from God, and things like that. A true friend would bring you closer to him! And though I have friends at school, most of them I would never hand out w/.

DarkestRose
02-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Well, bad company corrupts. And because people have a tendency toward wanting to be accepted, I think it because tempting to soften the statement of convictions to appear "nicer" to those that don't share beliefs. But I think that people can accept others without agreeing with them on everything or approving of everything they do; that tolerance doesn't equal permissiveness. I think the the goal is to not change your character with your environment.

aliengurl7
02-05-2007, 05:46 PM

It means that my only true friend is my Pit Bull Porky because all people "friends" bring some amount of trouble along with them.

dawn of light
02-05-2007, 07:42 PM
Every relationship brings some amount of pain. Those you love the most, have the greatest ability to hurt you. It just comes with being human and living in a fallen world. (That doesn't mean the relationships aren't worth it, though).

terrasin
02-05-2007, 10:23 PM
I don't know that I agree that you become corrupted by your company. A lot of my friends to a lot of things I don't agree with, that doesn't mean that I'm going to become that if I hang around with them. I think it's different for each person. Some people are easily swayed, others are not. It's like saying that listening to secular music will have an effect on you. It really depends on the person and how secure they are in their life and relationship with God. To each hold their own convictions...

I did not vote yes or no because of this.

CJ

skynes
02-05-2007, 10:32 PM

So what do you think about it?

I think it's why its near impossible to gain my trust.

Haloer2006
02-06-2007, 11:26 AM
I think it's why its near impossible to gain my trust.

I'm the exact opposite of you! I let any one have my trust easily until you break it! And for some people they lost it four seconds after i meet them. For others they have my trust for life. And I like it that way i guess, but unless i have a reason not to trust someone that i trust them!

Also what about Music corrupting your mind? Let's say im listing to Disturbed - Down with the Sickness.. (not usually but i do)
There are a lot of things in there, that aren't Christian. Though the writer of the song still experienced what was happening in that song. He was beaten by his mother when he was little, and thats what the song is saying.

But other songs like Bayonetwork - Norma Jean seem to be an underling feeling of God
We walked on glass all day long, with eyes rolled back.
It came with smiles, it came with gestures, and it came with motives.

Investing flowers in one hand and a blade in the other,
This is between me and this blade, and my heart.
Distributing rusty knives in these countless attractive letters,
With a directional diagram of a guilty heart.
"Insert knife here."
Lack of thought on this subject has attested catastrophic.
Come one, come all, introduce knife to heart.
With our eyes rolled back.

But I try to hang around w/ people that have good believes and that aren't going to make me make bad choices..