slu_clarkinator
02-07-2007, 08:48 AM
I'm sure anyone else from near StL wondered the same thing when they saw the dates. Skillet is playing at Pop's, are you kidding me? For those of you not from this area, Pop's is a 24 hour bar just south of East St Louis where people go after the regular bars close. Now, the stories may be exaggerated, but it's the only place I've heard of in the area where there's a good chance of running into a transvestite. I guess if anyone needs to hear the message, it's the people there. And it will be easier for me to get to than some family-friendly place out in White County.

timmyrotter
02-07-2007, 09:37 AM
wow, i hope them sinners learn their lesson...

Enjoy the show.

terrasin
02-08-2007, 12:26 AM
Not like Skillet hasn't played bars before. :\

CJ

slu_clarkinator
02-09-2007, 09:33 AM
It's not so much that they're playing in a bar, but this one specifically. Of course, I'm going off what other people have said of it, so maybe my incredulity is unmerited, I guess I'll find out in April.

LeShep
02-11-2007, 08:08 PM
why post it as if ur dissappointed its going to be at a "bad bar" so to say.... then say ur going?

anyway have fun .... i myself wouldnt care where i seen them id just go and worry about how much fun its going to be :)

BarlowgIRL
02-12-2007, 01:43 PM
Well at least they're not playing at a gay bar like Dizmas did when they were on tour with Flyleaf. But the guys said that a lot of people asked thtem about God afterwards.

timmyrotter
02-13-2007, 08:25 AM
Well at least they're not playing at a gay bar like Dizmas did when they were on tour with Flyleaf. But the guys said that a lot of people asked thtem about God afterwards.

this is unbelievable, Jesus reaching out to gays... what is this world coming to??? Jesus is too good for gays...

Tromos
02-13-2007, 01:56 PM
I'm going to assume that was sarcasm.

waynehavens
02-13-2007, 02:09 PM
I'm going to assume that was sarcasm.
Of course!! Didn't you notice the sarcasm font?

unshakeable15
02-15-2007, 11:27 AM
Of course!! Didn't you notice the sarcasm font?

That actually isn't a bad idea, having a font specifically for sarcasm, since we have font options and all.

Hmm...

Tromos
02-15-2007, 11:31 AM
I think a sarcasm font would be brilliant. :)

DarkestRose
02-17-2007, 01:39 PM
Ha ha! So this is where the font thing came to be.

NightCrawler
02-17-2007, 03:51 PM
t'rotter is decent at bleeding sarcasm. Follow his posts, they make up the majority of his post count.

DarkestRose
02-17-2007, 08:19 PM
I agree with Timmy's point on this one. I think it's really sad to see Christians upset because Skillet is playing at places full of people who drink, or are homosexual, transvestites or whatever. We seem to forget its not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick, and these are just the people that we should be loving and soaking with compassion. I think these people would have felt accepted by Jesus, even though they don't by the church. That is perplexing.

alorian
02-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Yay! Thread back on track! Yeah, I agree with Timmy's point as well.

slu_clarkinator
02-23-2007, 09:56 AM
I know it's silly to feel like I need to clarify my thoughts on this issue, but I suppose it would be a good idea as the thread's starter. I don't think it's a bad idea for Skillet to be playing at Pop's, in fact I think it's great, I fully support reaching out to people where they are. I realize Jesus hung out with a lot of 'sinners', and I like to think that I've learned a lot about what that looks like over the past few years since being in St Louis. This venue was probably prayerfully chosen because of the opportunities it gives for meaningful discussion. Every person I've told about the show is just as surprised as I was initially, so I see a lot of good conversation possibilities popping up.

(And Timmy, your sarcasm is really over the top and bitter sounding)