pizza brain
02-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Read it for yourselves
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=9300701&blogID=227845688&MyToken=458ddcb5-3df0-4e4d-9ab1-c77cf4b93af5
This is awesome I've always liked their music but couldn't really get the cds due to my parents but I'm definatly getting their new cd :)

timmyrotter
02-09-2007, 10:34 PM
neat... Skillet toured with them... ID LIKE TO TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO RUB THIS IN ANYONES FACE (OR ANY PARENTS FACES) WHO QUESTION SKILLET'S FAITH OR DIRECTION THEY ARE HEADING.

timmyrotter
02-09-2007, 10:36 PM
then again, this wasnt on Saliva's blog, so i do question its credibility.

skilletfreak101
02-10-2007, 08:10 AM
then again, this wasnt on Saliva's blog, so i do question its credibility.
yeah i kind of agree. that would be sweet if it was true though...cuz i love saliva

skillet_head
02-11-2007, 06:31 PM
I dunno. I wouldn't think of that site to write lies. I've seen this site before.

pizza brain
02-12-2007, 03:26 PM
And they (the site with the blog) aren't very big so if they were to actually have done it it's not like Saliva would be all worried about promoing it.

Unregistered
02-12-2007, 05:04 PM
neat... Skillet toured with them... ID LIKE TO TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO RUB THIS IN ANYONES FACE (OR ANY PARENTS FACES) WHO QUESTION SKILLET'S FAITH OR DIRECTION THEY ARE HEADING.

Thats a very humble Christian like attitude.
[/sarcasim]

timmyrotter
02-13-2007, 08:18 AM
Thats a very humble Christian like attitude.
[/sarcasim]

your reaction to my statement was a very Christian like attitude. no sarcasm either.

why do you assume everyone on here is a Christian? NEWS FLASH mr/mrs i wont register, Skillet is mainstream now, get used to things not going the way they go in the perfect little christian music world.

come on MODS why are unregistered people allowed to post?

skynes
02-13-2007, 09:23 AM

I don't see the relevance...

timmyrotter
02-13-2007, 09:35 AM
I don't see the relevance...

it was just my poor attempt at proving that Skillet was Affectign the world, rather than being affected and backsliding like so many think they are.

skynes
02-13-2007, 11:09 AM
it was just my poor attempt at proving that Skillet was Affectign the world, rather than being affected and backsliding like so many think they are.

Skillet was mentioned once in the interview and it wasn't relating to affecting saliva's faith which was why I didnt see the relevance.

You probably weren't referring to me, but for the record, I never once stated or suggested that Skillet is backsliding, losing faith, selling out or anything. The only point I've been trying to make is that Comatose's lyrics are misleading.

unshakeable15
02-13-2007, 01:29 PM
Cool interview. Thanks for posting that. :D

come on MODS why are unregistered people allowed to post?
Because we don't want to be exclusive and say "You can't post because you haven't registered." But at the same time, to protect content, when you post as an unregistered user, a mod has to confirm your post before it actually makes it to the thread.

timmyrotter
02-13-2007, 02:24 PM
i dont have so much a problem when them posting as a do not knowing who i am talking to.

Scott, i wasn't referring to the interview itself, i was making my own assumptions: Skillet toured with them... im sure they had a positive effect on them, the degree of course unknown... they obviously spent quite a bit of time with them, planting a seed? i think so.

I dont think those are far-fetched assumptions. do i think they directly led them to the Lord? not likely. do i think they had something to do with it, no matter the degree? yes.

all this assuming this interview is legit of course.

DarkestRose
02-13-2007, 02:27 PM
I think it's fair to think Skillet influenced them, but from the interview it also sounds like Salvia had a Christian influence in their life pre-Skillet, and didn't John mention somewhere that Josey was one to read the Bible nightly? So maybe they helped kindle something that was already there.

BondageDuck
02-13-2007, 03:13 PM
I think it's fair to think Skillet influenced them, but from the interview it also sounds like Salvia had a Christian influence in their life pre-Skillet, and didn't John mention somewhere that Josey was one to read the Bible nightly? So maybe they helped kindle something that was already there.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. Whatever the case may be, this is exciting news!

pizza brain
02-17-2007, 06:23 PM
I got the new Saliva cd and now that I read the thanks I highly doubt the content of the interview was made up

Quadripedman
02-18-2007, 03:02 PM
that is so awesome. and does the cd really have no cusses on it? and could you post the thanks on the liner notes? (im defenately getting this cd, and praying that saliva turnes to Christian rock.)

timmyrotter
02-18-2007, 03:40 PM
(im defenately getting this cd, and praying that saliva turnes to Christian rock.)

so Christ died for bands? this a platinum selling band, i doubt they will forsake their mainstream roots. even if the lead singer is now a christian, i wouldnt expect a band that lives to appease its judgmental young christian fans.

pizza brain
02-18-2007, 04:26 PM
that is so awesome. and does the cd really have no cusses on it?
Yes and no. The d word is in one song but that isn't considered a cuss by many people and hasn't been for a while. It also isn't used in a vulgar manner.
and could you post the thanks on the liner notes? (im defenately getting this cd, and praying that saliva turnes to Christian rock.)

Sorry it's kinda long

skynes
02-19-2007, 10:33 PM
Forgive my skepticism. But even Britney Spears pulls a big thank you to Gods on her albums...

You really can't take the thanks at face value.

pizza brain
02-20-2007, 02:48 PM
Dude that thanks isn't the only thing this is based off.

timmyrotter
02-20-2007, 03:19 PM
Dude that thanks isn't the only thing this is based off.

well... if you want your statement to have credibility, you have to back it up.

skilletfreak101
02-20-2007, 07:07 PM
well it seems to me that josey or w/e doesn't want this to get out alot...seeing how we've only heard of his christianity from some weird myspace website.

pizza brain
02-21-2007, 03:21 PM
well... if you want your statement to have credibility, you have to back it up.

Try looking at the title post there's a whole friggin interview witht the lead singer duh.
About that interview I'm gonna leave Saliva a coment about it and see if and what they say about it.

timmyrotter
02-21-2007, 04:07 PM
Try looking at the title post there's a whole friggin interview witht the lead singer duh.
About that interview I'm gonna leave Saliva a coment about it and see if and what they say about it.

they way you said it made it sound like there were other sources besides whats on this thread... and boy, dont be giving me no attitude.
and good luck getting a response on the comment.

Unregistered
03-09-2007, 12:37 AM
they way you said it made it sound like there were other sources besides whats on this thread... and boy, dont be giving me no attitude.
and good luck getting a response on the comment.

Straight from the liner notes (just the first little bit not spending an hour typing out the entire thing)

Josey Scott

Thank U Master, Rabbi and Bishop of Souls, for continuously showing me the way, for always revealing the truth and repeatedly saving my live, Also, for your undying, complete and loving forgiveness which I need everyday. Your grace is sufficient, your love is everlasting and so complete.

That’s just the first little bit of Josey’s thank you’s (takes up an entire page) and the entire page is like that, thanking God for everything.

Grunge=Fun
03-19-2007, 10:21 PM
You know, a lot of celebrities out there believe in a god but it doesnt necessarily mean THE God. The way that is worded doesnt really sound christian but it very well could be.

DarkestRose
03-19-2007, 11:05 PM
The thank you does sound Christian to me, being that mentioning God's grace being sufficient is from a quote in Scripture.

skynes
03-20-2007, 04:27 AM
As I stated before, you can't take the thank yous at face value, for even some of the most immoral artists around thank Jesus for everything.

bob
03-20-2007, 10:13 PM
Skillet toured with them... im sure they had a positive effect on them

To quote the interview with Saliva:

Dennis: Yeah, the lyrics are amazing and reading the liner notes. It was so exciting to read about your faith. John Cooper of Skillet and told me that you were a Christian when they were on tour with you guys. I think with interviews like this you will be planting even more seeds.

DarkestRose
03-20-2007, 10:42 PM
As I stated before, you can't take the thank yous at face value, for even some of the most immoral artists around thank Jesus for everything.

That is true. But being that they've been talking more about faith, it seems likely that God is working in their life and they're honest about God.

bob
03-21-2007, 07:11 AM
Yeah, but as far as the whole "planting seeds" thing goes . . . if everyone is "planting seeds" then who is providing nurture for these seeds?

skynes
03-21-2007, 10:00 AM
Yeah, but as far as the whole "planting seeds" thing goes . . . if everyone is "planting seeds" then who is providing nurture for these seeds?

1 cor 3:6 "I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase. "

One person plants. One person waters. God makes it grow.

bob
03-21-2007, 11:35 AM
Yeah, but if everybody is "planting" there's no one to water.

DarkestRose
03-21-2007, 11:48 AM
Well, what's the difference between planting and watering? Are the actions any different?

skynes
03-21-2007, 12:43 PM
Well, what's the difference between planting and watering? Are the actions any different?

Paul seemed to think so. From what I gathered from 1 Cor, Paul was the first to go there and preach the gospel, many got saved. Apollos was placed as Pastor of the church there, to preach after Paul left.

Honestly I don't know. But going on gardening, The planter initially gave them the Gospel. The waterer is the one who later continues that work.

This is worth studying into!

DarkestRose
03-21-2007, 12:48 PM
I just wonder because I feel like I might think I'm planting seeds when I could really be watering what someone else planted.

Gemini
03-25-2007, 09:45 PM
I'd imagine by planting, it means the action of putting the seed into it's place. Hence why watering is a separate action.