riz
02-09-2007, 09:35 PM
I looked around and couldn't find one thread for these guys! This, of course, is a travesty. So I now will make a thread devoted to this brilliant band. I hear they might be releasing a new CD sometime this year - they're recording as I type!

It had been awhile since I got into a groove listening to them; I found a few of their CDs lying around my place, popped them in, and have now had a re-obsession, if you'd like to call it that.

They have to be one of the most brilliant lyricists out there. And they're a band who likes to alter and play with their sound every record. The switch from OK Computer to Kid A completely blows Skillet's alterations out of the water.

Ahem. Anyway.

That is the end of my spiel for tonight; expect more at a later date.

theelectric3
02-11-2007, 05:31 PM
great band.

unshakeable15
02-13-2007, 01:09 PM
That IS a travesty (or was) that we were lacking in the Radiohead threadage.

To be honest, i have yet to get an album, but mainly because i'm chicken. If i get a crappy album, i'll hate the group and i don't want to do that. If i get their best album ever, i'll be disappointed by the rest. Not sure where i should start. Right now i'm leaning towards getting the album with "Creep" just because it's the quintessential Radiohead song (and i love it).

riz
02-14-2007, 09:09 AM
Well, I do not own Pablo Honey (which has "Creep"), so I can't give my opinion on that, but from most Radiohead fans, I hear it's their weakest album.

Not to say it won't be good...

But I would venture, if you're just starting your collection, to get The Bends as it has quite a few excellent songs on it that people enjoy. It takes a bit longer to get into their later work, and this is their 'rockiest' album (from the ones I've heard).

unshakeable15
02-14-2007, 04:44 PM
Cool. i'll add it to my list of "to buys" with Eyes Open by Snow Patrol (i've been getting it song by song with free Pop Tarts downloads).

skelfy
03-24-2007, 04:28 PM
oh my gosh. I've been completely obsessed with Radiohead..their albums are all completely different. and I don't have much to say other then they've completely stepped into my top five band list. not that I have one...

dieingdaylight
03-27-2007, 06:33 AM
I have just got into them lately and so ive downloaded all there cds. All of them are great. BUt the song that I have to say that is the my most played and best describes me is "Creep".

unshakeable15
03-27-2007, 12:06 PM
Great song. Great song indeed. Not that i'm one to talk of Radiohead songs, not having any albums or knowing much about them, but i do know "Creep."

riz
03-27-2007, 12:24 PM
"Everything In Its Right Place" wins the best song award.

Hands down.

fire-inside
03-27-2007, 11:28 PM
I think the Bends is certainly a good place to start. But OK Computer is my favourite album of theirs by far. I like the slower, thicker stuff that that album has to offer. Favourite song ever: Climbing Up the Walls. Followed closely by Black Star.

riz
03-28-2007, 11:25 PM
OK Computer is my favorite album of theirs! It just flows so brilliantly, one song to the next, the lyrics connect, everything is just perfect about it.

For me "Lucky" is the best on this CD. "It's going to be a G-L-O-R-I-O-U-S day!" Awesome moment, always gives me the chills.

skelfy
04-02-2007, 06:04 PM
I am still convinced Where I End and You Begin is one of the saddest songs ever. Myxomatosis is Muse-like, You and Whose Army? is reminiscent of Lovedrug (or rather Lovedrug reminiscent of them), and the later songs definitely led into Thom Yorke's cd. I find their cds to be instant classics with me.

riz
04-05-2007, 09:30 AM
I've never really gotten into "Hail to the Thief" that much, but I really enjoy "2 + 2 = 5", "Where I End and You Begin", and "Wolf at the Door". Which is funny as all three of them are completely different.