forceflow17
02-15-2007, 03:01 PM
If you don't know what facebook is, it's basically myspace or zanga, but it is private. if someone whants to be your friend they have to send you a message, and if you dont confirm them, they cant see your page. it looks awesome. however, when you register, you are required to eihter select a network, not sure what its for, or select a none of the above option, but if you are under 18 the high school network is a required field. since they dont have a network for homeschooler i'm just left out. what do you guys think?

timmyrotter
02-15-2007, 03:28 PM
it was originally made for college students to network, i wish it would have stayed that way.

DarkestRose
02-15-2007, 04:13 PM
I like Xanga better. I don't have any blog right now, but if I did have a blog, it would be a Xanga.

BondageDuck
02-15-2007, 04:19 PM
LoL, I've had it all. I've had a xanga (it's kind of boring, actually. Who really reads that much about your life? Stalkers?), I have a myspace & I have a facebook. Myspace is the only one I use regularly. I'm sort of glad they made facebook for everyone because even though I'm in college, my community college isn't listed on the site so I couldn't join. Plus I've found alot of friends I haven't seen since like middle school. But on the other hand, now that everyone can join it's just like a not-as-cool version of myspace. So I use myspace the most.

DarkestRose
02-15-2007, 04:23 PM
I actually like the writing aspect of Xanga. Of course, I don't know anyone on Xanga, so I doubt anybody would actually read what I had to write because nobody really cares about anyone's life unless it concerns them in some way. But really, I do like it for writing whenever the mood strikes me, hoping for the off-chance that someone does care.

This was why I didn't like Myspace that much. It was too networking-oriented and I don't really care for having a long friends list. Since the writing was downplayed, I got bored with it. That's just me though.

skilletfreak101
02-15-2007, 06:07 PM
i'm sick of all of em...hehe

Undomiel
02-15-2007, 07:16 PM
same here...

UMC
02-15-2007, 07:47 PM
yea

timmyrotter
02-15-2007, 07:59 PM
why do people post if they arent saying anything?

riz
02-16-2007, 01:37 PM
I <3 facebook!!!

as~i~lay~dying
02-16-2007, 08:17 PM
I have facebook and really like it. I use it only for communicating with people. I used to have myspace, but deleated it. Reasons? It seems like theres sooo much drama on there, I guess I just kinda got sick of it?

NightCrawler
02-17-2007, 03:49 PM
it was originally made for college students to network, i wish it would have stayed that way.
Same here.

But Mark Zukerburg (off the top of my head, I think that is his name) gets more money if they allow for just about anyone to join. Advertisement is worth more if more people see it, and thus boom... more money.

fifi la bomba
02-20-2007, 12:43 PM
why can't people just talk to each other in person?! i get the point of making friends with people from all over the country/planet, but you can't really believe everything that they put on a myspace/xanga/facebook account. although the same could be said for a band forum, really. i could pretend to be a 26-yr old guy from texas, when in actuallity I AM NOT! not that i'm saying eveyone on here is fake, i really don't believe that, but they seriously need to make a Christian version of myspace, so that honesty would be more generally expressed and you could talk about more deep things instead of what i had for lunch today....

skilletfreak101
02-20-2007, 07:13 PM
I like Xanga better. I don't have any blog right now, but if I did have a blog, it would be a Xanga.
i for some strange reason like xanga better as well...but i go on myspace because none of my friends are even on xanga anymore.

breakthesilence
02-22-2007, 04:51 PM
i don't like myspace because everyone makes hideous sites and loads them up with 500 videos so it takes forever to download... i do however enjoy facebook. because pretty much all you can do with it is use it to keep in touch with people. i have so many friends from high school that if not for facebook i probably wouldn't be seeing them again for another 10 years. and also i got to wish my cousin happy birthday today, a fact which i would not have known otherwise :P (she lives in ohio so i don't see her often at all :( yay for facebook!)

theelectric3
02-22-2007, 05:01 PM
i have accounts at myspace, xanga and livejournal. and that is way plenty. no need to add more.

(why two blogs? some have one and not the other... and you have to have a xanga to reply so there you have it.)

facebook shouldn't try and be another myspace.

amodman
02-22-2007, 09:19 PM
If you don't have Facebook, you don't exist. That is what it is like in college.

And Tracy, even though it's similar being a profile service, Facebook is WAY different in feel than Myspace...it really is more a private, comprehensive directory rather than open internet customized profile. Maybe it's just the fact that my and most college campuses is and are obsessed with it that sways my opinion :P.

I did do my Bus Stats project on Facebook usage last semester...the results were almost sickening...until I realized how much I login.

jade
02-24-2007, 07:27 AM
If you don't have Facebook, you don't exist. That is what it is like in college.

I'm in college and I still exist. ;) My roommate has one but I've yet to get sucked in. I have the same as Tracy and have no plans of expanding. They keep me busy enough.

riz
02-24-2007, 09:02 AM
facebook shouldn't try and be another myspace.

I have to step in and defend the Facebook groupies. For the most part (originally), Facebook was designed to connect others who were in college, and maintain contacts between people within the same college... and also between different colleges on the network.

They've recently expanded to high schools and also to workplaces. You don't even need to have a 'connection' now to be on Facebook. I think this is what makes the site lose its luster a bit actually. It used to be a college-exclusive connecting tool, but now it's broadened and become universal like Myspace is.

forceflow17
02-26-2007, 04:27 PM
figured out how to get into facebook withput lying, if you have one send friend request to josh stigall

eowyn
03-06-2007, 08:17 AM
I have a Myspace and a Facebook account. I would completely and totally do away with both in a heartbeat. I have two different reasons for keeping both. Facebook, I use to keep in touch with my future boss for the summer as well as a high school friend who's going to school in NYC. Myspace, I have friends who I wouldn't necessarily call often because we aren't really close, but I like to keep in touch. They're both networking tools and we may hate them, but they're nice to use in that fashion.

Oh--and facebook should go back to college only. It's wierd with everyone on there.

Pixie*
03-18-2007, 05:47 PM
I have a facebok account and I love it because I can keep up with people I don't see often, and being a busy college student - sometimes the only time I have is the few minutes in front of a computer screen between classes....sad but true. However..I COMPLETELY agree it should go back to being college only. My account is set to only allow people from my college see/search for my name, and only people I accept as friends can see any of my information. That way it really is only being used for a personal networking purpose, and it keeps the garbage out!!