timmyrotter
02-20-2007, 08:36 AM
i for one am tired of her hogging the headlines, who really cares so much about the life/death of this not so great American. it just really grinds my gears.

I Bite
02-20-2007, 08:39 AM
Oh, me! That is all thats on the news...I'm so sick of it.

NightCrawler
02-20-2007, 08:49 AM
a) I am tired of her in general. The fact that it is all over the news is annoying.
b) I don't watch TV or read magazines. Therefore, I avoid all this celebrity crap/A.N.S. tabloids/OMGshedied!-News.
c) t'rotter, your sig is using the subjunctive case, right? If so, then it should be "I wish my lawn were EMO..." (subjunctive case states something with the assumption that the opposite is true, for example... your lawn ISN'T emo right now, is it? If it were, you wouldn't be wishing it, right?)

timmyrotter
02-20-2007, 09:05 AM
happy? :)

fifi la bomba
02-20-2007, 12:38 PM
the worst part about her death in my opinion is that people only care who gets her money and not that she is now spending an eternity in hell because she didn't know Jesus Christ as her personal saviour..... that is really sad for someone to have so much in life and so much opportunity and yet have nothing at all... it's almost too bad that pergatory isn't real cause then she could eventually get to Heaven, but she's kinda stuck where she is.

DarkestRose
02-20-2007, 02:16 PM
I was never too interested in her because I always found her a little weird and too much like every other blonde celebrity. I'm feeling sort of bad about that now because I wonder if she ever met a Christian who didn't judge her, who was Jesus to her, or if the chance to really know Jesus was even given. I know I never cared about her, never prayed for her. And now it just seems so sad, like I missed out.

timmyrotter
02-20-2007, 03:21 PM
haha, im not a big fan of general discussion, or obsession of celebrity lives, but this one is just so funny. shows her true colors.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsyWlcQAy-Q

m_money618
02-20-2007, 03:24 PM
eww..... ewwww ewww ewww..... it looks so bad.

skilletfreak101
02-20-2007, 03:33 PM
wow that's pretty gay that the news makes time to talk about how britney spears cut her hair when there are many other way more important issues they could be talking about

timmyrotter
02-20-2007, 03:35 PM
wow that's pretty gay that the news makes time to talk about how britney spears cut her hair when there are many other way more important issues they could be talking about

as stated on my post about anna nicole as well.
http://www.panheads.org/boards/showthread.php?t=5974

aliengurl7
02-20-2007, 04:15 PM
I'm not surprised she would do something like this... I mean in like every interview she would cry and stuff she seems depressed. Meh, it's just hair it will grow back.

forceflow17
02-20-2007, 04:43 PM
ha! that's hilarius.

DarkestRose
02-20-2007, 06:46 PM
I think this is like the Anna Nicole thing, where it is brought up way too often. I don't think it looks to bad, and either way, it's her hair and it'll grow back. People seem to bring it up only when they want to make fun of her, and that's disappointing because, in a lot of ways, she's an easy target.

I really feel bad for her because she's made so many bad choices that she thought would bring her happiness, and yet she is so depressed. I think she knows that her problem is spiritual, thus her brief dabbling in Kabbalah. Yet, a lot of Christians just judge her and leave it at that. I think we really need to be praying for her, caring about her as a child of God.

Undomiel
02-20-2007, 06:56 PM
heard all about her like, 45 times....

alorian
02-20-2007, 06:58 PM
Bah this making news is almost as bad as that one time it made its own thread at pa--- haha

skilletfreak101
02-20-2007, 07:10 PM
i mean, that's pretty sad that she died, but seriously, why in the world is it such a huge deal? she really brought nothing into this world and she's being praised.

as~i~lay~dying
02-20-2007, 07:56 PM
I don't really care ...

riz
02-20-2007, 09:40 PM

Yep, sounds completely homosexual to me.

weebird20
02-21-2007, 04:12 AM
Since we have had a few threads pop up lately about celebrities...here is a thread where you can talk about them so we don't have a threads all over the place...

NightCrawler
02-21-2007, 06:28 AM
happy? :)
You realize you just made my day.

NightCrawler
02-21-2007, 06:29 AM
Yep, sounds completely homosexual to me.
I was thinking the same thing.

timmyrotter
02-21-2007, 09:47 AM

news has a sexual preference? nice...

but seriously i must apologize cause i use that term to describe things a dont like in real life, so i cant complain.

i dont like my threads being merged for the record. there were only two celebrity threads to begin with, both started my be in a period of 2 hours. and people on these dont talk about celebrities much anyways, so its not like a was crowding the boards, especially cause at least these threads spark conversation rather than a lot of threads in the the general discussion that generate pointless posts (and i dont only mean the thread that is titled, poinless posts.) do with it what you want, but there is my take...

dawn of light
02-21-2007, 09:56 AM
About Britney Spears, I think she seems really sad and it's like she doesn't know what to do with herself. I mean, she's a single mom now with two kids, it's really unfortunate her marriage didn't work out.

I actually don't think her hair looks too bad either, she's still beautiful, I think. [now that she wears more clothes]. It reminds me of Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta, who is also still beautiful with her hair cut off.

breakthesilence
02-22-2007, 04:59 PM
man you guys... instead of talking about how stupid these people are and ridiculing them... these are the people we are to love.

a few days after her death, a radio dj on the fish prefaced a song by saying it really fit her. what if someone had shared God's love instead of trashing her? encouraged her instead of tearing her down? the song is "does anybody hear her" by casting crowns. while i'm not a huge fan of it musically, God spoke to me so powerfully after that. see for yourself http://www.christianrocklyrics.com/castingcrowns/doesanybodyhearher.php

skilletfreak101
02-22-2007, 07:03 PM
wow panheads thread, turn against me because i said it was gay. :-P. well fine, i'll say this....i think it's REALLY REALLY STUPID that they put that on the news.

alorian
02-22-2007, 07:27 PM
a) I am tired of her in general. The fact that it is all over the news is annoying.
b) I don't watch TV or read magazines. Therefore, I avoid all this celebrity crap/A.N.S. tabloids/OMGshedied!-News.
c) t'rotter, your sig is using the subjunctive case, right? If so, then it should be "I wish my lawn were EMO..." (subjunctive case states something with the assumption that the opposite is true, for example... your lawn ISN'T emo right now, is it? If it were, you wouldn't be wishing it, right?)

Everything in this post was terrific heheh, and I agree completely, and thank you timmy ;)

timmyrotter
02-22-2007, 08:08 PM
wow panheads thread, turn against me because i said it was gay. :-P. well fine, i'll say this....i think it's REALLY REALLY STUPID that they put that on the news.

dude read my post, its fine :p

Heidi, i should have known better than to be slightly cinical on a dominantly christian board...

riz
02-22-2007, 08:13 PM
All right, here we go...

I'm going to get on this really large soapbox for a few paragraphs, and I don't care if anyone really objects to me doing so. But I really need to say this, because I've seen it quite often here on this messageboard (despite the fact it's highly common in today's society) and it troubles me greatly, especially since it's a place where a lot of Christians are said to congregate.

I urge you all to stop using these unnecessary synonyms for the word "stupid". Despite the fact it isn't the "true" definition of the word, it segregates and puts down an entire group of people who in turn don't need more discrimination, hate, anger, and bigotry slashed against them. When did homosexuality be universally termed as stupidity? You might think it's something that's stupid and something that's sinful and something that shouldn't happen. But it happens. And people can be hurt by such words. I know people who are gay and have been hurt by people indifferently and unintentionally brandishing the term about like it doesn't mean anything.

I'm not even fully talking about when people say "That was so gay!"... I'm also talking about when people also say "The weather's acting retarded today."

Mental retardation might not be a huge thing in your life, and it might be a walk in the part to sling about the term like it's part of everyone's lingo, but I for one am offended when someone uses it in whatever context in whatever medium I see it in. That also means here. The condition is serious, and I don't think it should be used as often as it is around these parts.

So perhaps before you post something here or anywhere on the Internet (and also before you say something in real life), think before you speak. Make sure you don't say something that might offend someone else. We should be people full of love, not people who are careless and like to slop random words about, which might hurt others.

Thanks.

NightCrawler
02-28-2007, 06:12 AM
Perhaps you should say "that's really lame!"

Sorry. Bad.

riz
02-28-2007, 06:39 AM
I could. It's actually a proper term in English you can use. Gay and retarded aren't. Check the dictionary.

NightCrawler
03-01-2007, 12:11 PM
You realize that the dictionary is only a categorical archive of common vernacular. It isn't an authority, it only records current language. So if the term "gay" becomes synonymous with extreme stupidity or an unfortunate circumstance, then boom! The dictonary should record it. Not the other way around.

NightCrawler
03-01-2007, 12:12 PM
P.S.
I take that back. Scrabble appeals to its authority. But for the sake of communication -- language isn't rigid and inflexible.

as~i~lay~dying
03-02-2007, 08:12 PM
op! I lied ... now that I've actually started listening to the news a bit more- it's driving me insane! Please bury her body and on with life!

DarkestRose
03-03-2007, 12:59 PM
About Britney Spears, I think she seems really sad and it's like she doesn't know what to do with herself. I mean, she's a single mom now with two kids, it's really unfortunate her marriage didn't work out.

I actually don't think her hair looks too bad either, she's still beautiful, I think. [now that she wears more clothes]. It reminds me of Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta, who is also still beautiful with her hair cut off.

That's what I've been feeling about her. I just can't help to see that she seems to depressed with the way her life has turned out and now her marriage hasn't turned out well, and I think she could really use our prayers.

I also remember when Natalie Portland had her hair shaved for that movie, and I looked really good. But really, I figure, who's to judge on hair?

DarkestRose
03-03-2007, 01:04 PM
man you guys... instead of talking about how stupid these people are and ridiculing them... these are the people we are to love.

a few days after her death, a radio dj on the fish prefaced a song by saying it really fit her. what if someone had shared God's love instead of trashing her? encouraged her instead of tearing her down? the song is "does anybody hear her" by casting crowns. while i'm not a huge fan of it musically, God spoke to me so powerfully after that. see for yourself http://www.christianrocklyrics.com/castingcrowns/doesanybodyhearher.php

That song really does fit well. I have that CD, don't listen to it too much, but I'll probably think of her whenever I hear that song now.

I just can't help but think that Jesus would have loved her just like He loved the Samaritian women, the woman caught in adultery and all those people whose sins met His mercy. These people need to know God's love so much. It's the thirst of the soul. We as Christians don't do a very good job of pointing them in His direction. We make fun of them and judge them just like the world does. For too long I've been the same way. It shouldn't take someone dying to realize that we don't really care about them at all.

lee
03-03-2007, 01:37 PM
well, wlecome to maerica kids.. because your going to hear much more about this little ladie...she might have been messed up, but she was big....america is very corupted ,but we can't change that...

timmyrotter
03-04-2007, 05:53 PM
well, wlecome to maerica kids.. because your going to hear much more about this little ladie...she might have been messed up, but she was big....america is very corupted ,but we can't change that...

thats the spirit! ::]