JohnnyRocker
02-27-2007, 08:27 AM
Hey guys, an EP is now on iTunes of the "rock radio mix" of The Older I Get, plus the acoustic version of The Older I Get and Yours To Hold. There is also a little studio video thing of for The Older I Get. It's listed as "CLEAN" for some reason, even though it's not dirty in the first place. Oh well...

timmyrotter
02-27-2007, 09:11 AM
Hey guys, an EP is now on iTunes of the "rock radio mix" of The Older I Get, plus the acoustic version of The Older I Get and Yours To Hold. There is also a little studio video thing of for The Older I Get. It's listed as "CLEAN" for some reason, even though it's not dirty in the first place. Oh well...

haha, Cooper must have got a little mad doing it so itunes had to edit... lol

is that the same video that he sent out to the street team a week ago? it sounds like it.

timmyrotter
02-27-2007, 09:15 AM
funny, i asked abou this last night, it seems management must have taken my question and did what i wanted... :p

Mikhail
02-27-2007, 01:27 PM
iTunes store doesn't work in Russia:'( :'( :'(

timmyrotter
02-27-2007, 02:22 PM
i listened to the samples, i need to put money in my checking before i buy it, but i cant tell the difference between the rock version and the album. anyone bought it yet, is it much different?

Crusader
02-27-2007, 02:41 PM
I bought it, the "rock version" and the one on the album are exactly the same

JohnnyRocker
02-27-2007, 09:24 PM
The Rock Radio Mix probably just has a bit more compression and tiny things like that that most people aren't going to notice.

timmyrotter
02-27-2007, 09:43 PM
i listen to a lot of music... i cant tell a difference, maybe someone should look into this. someone said they heard it at their rock station, and they said it sounded harder, so it should be noticeable.

terrasin
02-28-2007, 11:13 AM
Well, it might be like the toned down version of Rebirthing where it's not easy at first to tell what's missing. I've not had the chance to take a good listen yet, but I'll try to later on.

CJ

Tanel
03-01-2007, 12:23 PM
I was already like "yeah, let's buy it" but then I read that it was only on iTunes and I don't do iTunes! Although I don't even know if I could in Estonia. But well, for thouse who will buy it, enjoy your music!

Quadripedman
03-02-2007, 02:42 PM
thats cool. i dont know if im gonna get it though. and about the clean labels: itunes is putting them on like all the Christian bands. they just took them off of relient k's single not too long ago.

timmyrotter
03-02-2007, 03:12 PM
thats cool. i dont know if im gonna get it though. and about the clean labels: itunes is putting them on like all the Christian bands. they just took them off of relient k's single not too long ago.

that i believe is incorrect, Clean means it is the edited version of a single. i think where the confusion is that Itunes lables all edited singles as CLEAN, because most edited singles are edited because of offensive content. The Older I Get is a radio edit, so i think that is why its labeled clean.

bob
03-04-2007, 08:46 AM
I'll buy the EP when I have the money. Yes, I don't have $5. :)

alienyouth9292
03-04-2007, 09:06 AM
i just thought that the radio version sounded a little harder at the chorus and it had a larger bass-effect.....

PlayAtari2600
03-06-2007, 12:26 PM
Hey, I'm new here and I'm probably supposed to introduce myself somewhere, but forget that. Does anybody have a way to get first-week sales figures for this EP? Or is that esentially an impossible dream?

timmyrotter
03-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Hey, I'm new here and I'm probably supposed to introduce myself somewhere, but forget that. Does anybody have a way to get first-week sales figures for this EP? Or is that esentially an impossible dream?

Welcome Chad, getting those numbers isnt impossible, i would like to see them to. our best bet would be Skillet's manager posting them, he posts info from time to time.

Q MGR
03-06-2007, 07:06 PM
I should know them by tomorrow. I can say that we weren't showing up on the chart very high so it doesnt seem like it is something the Panheads are embracing.

DarkestRose
03-06-2007, 07:58 PM
I was already like "yeah, let's buy it" but then I read that it was only on iTunes and I don't do iTunes!

I don't do iTunes either. I think it'd be groovy if we could get the EP from more places than just over the Internet. As a rule, I don't like Internet shopping unless it's Amazon or Ebay.

Paulishdog
03-06-2007, 08:14 PM
iTunes is a great resource for un-fans, if you know what I mean. It's a place for someone who doesn't like Skillet to buy Savior, or Open Wounds, and call it good. I picked up the EP (Except for the radio version of The Older I Get) because I've been begging for the accoustic songs to get released, and I got half my wish here. I'm still hoping the other accoustic songs and the unreleased track make it somewhere, somehow, that I can get my hands on it.

timmyrotter
03-06-2007, 08:20 PM
I should know them by tomorrow. I can say that we weren't showing up on the chart very high so it doesnt seem like it is something the Panheads are embracing.

it seems a very good chunk of Skillet fans are younger, so itunes proves difficult to buy for them since they have to have access to a debit or credit card. personally im broke thats why i havent gotten it yet. i wish there were more acoustic songs on there, they were recorded, why not release them? plus there are like 3 versions of The Older I Get, that is a lot... i know a lot more work would have needed to go into it, but i think an EP in CD form would have done better, or a combination ITUNES-CD... anyways at least the album sales should pick up with with singles being pretty hot right now.

DarkestRose
03-06-2007, 08:22 PM
You need a credit card of iTunes? That makes it even harder. I still feel really bad that the EP isn't doing well and I'd want to support it but the whole iTunes thing is a huge obstacle for me. CD forms are always easier, epecially since I do not think I have a way to play MP3s unless my CD player runs them.

Paulishdog
03-06-2007, 10:08 PM
It's not too difficult, but it's tedious if you're not already into it. You need to download iTunes, which is free. You can buy an iTunes pre-paid card at the store (I got one at Fred Meyer). And then I believe iTunes will let you burn your purchased songs onto a CD. Not inaccessable to young'ns, but perhaps somewhat impracticle. Still, it's better than nothing. I agree that a CD EP would be the best, though.

DarkestRose
03-06-2007, 10:34 PM
It's not too difficult, but it's tedious if you're not already into it. You need to download iTunes, which is free. You can buy an iTunes pre-paid card at the store (I got one at Fred Meyer). And then I believe iTunes will let you burn your purchased songs onto a CD. Not inaccessable to young'ns, but perhaps somewhat impracticle. Still, it's better than nothing. I agree that a CD EP would be the best, though.

That is pretty tedious, especially since stores like Fred Meyer are a bit out of the way for me. But I'll need money for the songs and that'll take awhile anyway.

bob
03-07-2007, 04:06 PM
I agree that a CD EP would be the best, though.

A CD EP would cost a lot more money then just sticking it on iTunes would. Especially since it really isn't anything new.

Paulishdog
03-07-2007, 09:10 PM
A CD EP would cost a lot more money then just sticking it on iTunes would. Especially since it really isn't anything new.

That wasn't really my point. I'm perfectly fine with iTunes. It's great. But as others have pointed out... it's not the most accessible option.

Bassplayer
03-11-2007, 06:01 PM
i listened to the samples, i need to put money in my checking before i buy it, but i cant tell the difference between the rock version and the album. anyone bought it yet, is it much different?

yeah man, there is a slight difference between the Rock version and the CD version. if you listen to it, there is a slight little distorted guitar-chop on the pre-chorus thingy. the bass is a little more forefront with some more overdrive/crunch. you have to listen closely to hear the guitar. it also runs quietly throughout the 2nd chorus. that's the main difference

Tanel
03-17-2007, 03:55 PM
Well the video is up on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3U6btnwJJs

Mikhail
04-28-2007, 12:22 PM
...Maybe someone who has this songs (Yours To Hold (acoustic) & Older I Get (acoustic)) could send me them? I would like to listen them very much (I've got passion to acoustic songs obviously) but i can't. I live in Russia so it's totally impossible to do it:(
If you don't want to send them, then could you upload somewhere (for example = myspace.com)?
i would be glad if that happen...

The Lamma
04-28-2007, 05:08 PM
I buy my iTunes credit in card form, since I don't need visa for that. And one reason it wasn't released on disc is because most EPs for singles are only on iTunes. The only EPs I've seen on disc, which weren't singles, were by Relient K.

Bassplayer
04-30-2007, 09:34 AM
I'm surprised. I live near music city and yet i hardly ever hear good music. but 102.9 the Buzz actually played "The Older I Get" a few days ago! i was sooo happy. They play "The Last Night" on Wayfm alot, but i usually don't listen to that station. anyways, i'm glad that the seclular stations are finally playing Skillet. I just wish they play some of their harder stuff. i can't seem to get my comp. to let me vote.