forceflow17
02-28-2007, 12:51 PM
i read this and posted it on my facebook. what do you think?

crazy isn't it?Share
by Marissa Cole (notes) 4:13pm Sunday, Nov 26, 2006
Don't read if you're under 12. This may make you sick
Body: Why do we sleep in church but...when the cerimony is over we suddenly wake up? Why is it so hard to talk about God but so easy to talk about sex? Why are we so bored when we look at a Christian magazine....but find it easy to read Playboy?.... Why is it so easy to ignore a Godly myspace message...yet we repost the nasty ones? Why are churches getting smaller...but bars and clubs are growing??.... Think about it...are you going to repost this or ignore it because you think you'll get laughed at? Just remember God is always watching you.

80 % of u wont repost this.

The Lord said, "Deny me now, and i will deny you in front of my father

theelectric3
02-28-2007, 02:13 PM
i can't stand these things... why? because they are basing salavation, and whether we love God, by forwarding a message or email. aka "christian chain letter." it's just silly.

don't deny Christ in your lifestyle and actions.

timmyrotter
02-28-2007, 02:22 PM

crazy isn't it?Share
Body: Why do we sleep in church but...when the cerimony is over we suddenly wake up? Why is it so hard to talk about God but so easy to talk about sex? Why are we so bored when we look at a Christian magazine....but find it easy to read Playboy?.... Why is it so easy to ignore a Godly myspace message...yet we repost the nasty ones? Why are churches getting smaller...but bars and clubs are growing??.... Think about it...are you going to repost this or ignore it because you think you'll get laughed at? Just remember God is always watching you.

haha, yeah i hate these things, i usually delete people who forward them. its even funnier when one of my close friends forwards one, i just sit back and think of how big of a moron he/she is.

riz
02-28-2007, 06:42 PM
I agree with the above. Honing salvation solely on a chain letter is ridiculous. The one I always would get years ago would be: if you are a Christian and believe the Jesus died for your sins, pass it on.

Guess I'm not one, because I never forwarded them.

I always delete forwards nowadays; most people have gotten the hint now and don't send them to me.

skynes
03-01-2007, 04:42 AM

And I've never worked out what this has to do with the message... Is refusing to forward it some kind of guilt trip to think you can't be saved?

OMW I DIDNT 4WRD DAT MAIL!! OMGOSH IMA GOIN TA HELL!!oneone!!!11

as~i~lay~dying
03-02-2007, 08:20 PM
i just sit back and think of how big of a moron he/she is.

Me too!

Laerasyn
03-02-2007, 09:46 PM
I suppose I can see the point it's getting at, and I suppose it is a legitimate one (though I would seriously question the wording of said point), but I agree, forwards are dumb and guilt trips are even worse. I'm not entirely sure what good people think these things do...

bob
03-04-2007, 09:11 AM
Oh come on guys, don't you know what Jesus said in Matthew 10:33-

But whoever denies Me on myspace, I will deny their friend requests. (The King Bob Version)

Quadripedman
03-04-2007, 02:16 PM
lol, bob. yea, i dont get them because i only have like one Christian friend who i talk to and he doesnt seng me stuff like that. yay.

kittygirl
03-06-2007, 12:50 PM

crazy isn't it?Share

Honestly, it goes back to this point:not everyone who grew up in church will continue being a 'good christian.'
If it hasn't affected your heart, it won't matter at all.

And seriously, I don't see alot of that happening. I know this may sound harsh to some of you, but I stay clear of people I know that claim to be Christians, yet act awful. It's not just in what they talk about, but in the fruit in their lives.

And what you do after that...move on.
Continue to follow God, and seek Him, and if someone doesn't do that, it's not YOUR problem.

DarkestRose
03-06-2007, 09:01 PM
While I understand the posters sentiments that the world is a sick and messed up place, and that people are by nature dystfunctional sinners, that we need to get out of that. But I would not re-post the message just because this is the kind of negativity that a lot of people in the world see from Christians. So I don't quite like how the wording was put. I also think the guilt-trip thing is stupid (but the King Bob Version is genius).

Drizzt
03-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Yay guilt trips! In response to these I usually message the poster saying "These are ridiculous" or something to that effect :P

bob
03-07-2007, 04:18 PM
If Jesus had a myspace, do you think he'd repost those bulletins? :P

unshakeable15
03-08-2007, 05:21 PM
i'd question whether Jesus would have a myspace in the first place, but that's just me.

alorian
03-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Yeah, BreathofFire 2:93 "Thou shalt avoid Myspace" :P

If you manage your myspace well enough, you don't have to put up with crap :P

forceflow17
03-23-2007, 03:57 AM
i can't stand these things... why? because they are basing salavation, and whether we love God, by forwarding a message or email. aka "christian chain letter." it's just silly.

don't deny Christ in your lifestyle and actions.

sorry, should have cut and edited the post, i didn't necasarily mean the whole 90% won't rpost blahgh blah blah cliche, but how true the main part of the note can be

Grunge=Fun
04-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Usually the people I see forwarding those are the people who deny God in their lifestyle but simply think that makes them seem like a better person. Myspace is funny when you apply it to your life! LOL

bob
04-04-2007, 10:05 AM
Myspace is funny when you apply it to your life! LOL

But doesn't myspace = Life?

:o

dawn of light
04-05-2007, 10:13 AM
But doesn't myspace = Life?

:o

Yup. I'm about 3 months old.

unshakeable15
04-05-2007, 09:24 PM
Then i haven't even been born yet. Freaky.

timmyrotter
04-05-2007, 10:15 PM
Then i haven't even been born yet. Freaky.

oh come on Mike, its a "place for friends" how could you no want to be there? its like being born again...