timmyrotter
03-01-2007, 08:47 AM
so what do you think its gonna be? Id say "Say Goodbye" for secular. and Comatose for christian. although id say Yours to Hold will go for adds sometime (i dont know what format), i think it would makea great AC/CHR single.

Tanel
03-01-2007, 12:19 PM
A single for AC would be great! Skillet would definitely make more fans!

skilletfreak101
03-01-2007, 07:17 PM
as long as it won't be "those nights," i will be satisfied

timmyrotter
03-01-2007, 07:29 PM
as long as it won't be "those nights," i will be satisfied

lol, true that

neb0789
03-02-2007, 09:46 AM
I think that Say Goodbye could do well on secular stations.

the rocker
03-02-2007, 04:09 PM
They've already had three harder songs from Comatose, and then The Older I Get. So would it be safe to say that either Say Goodbye or Yours to Hold would be next, since they're lighter? [as opposed to Comatose]

timmyrotter
04-30-2007, 02:29 PM
so anyone heard anything new, or have any new ideas or insight?

DarkestRose
04-30-2007, 02:46 PM
I was hoping it might be "Looking For Angels." I think that releasing that song as a single might be able to further it’s promotion of Teen Mania, Compassion International, the ONE Campaign, and other suchlike organizations. Also, they already make a video for it.

timmyrotter
04-30-2007, 03:18 PM
I was hoping it might be "Looking For Angels." I think that releasing that song as a single might be able to further itís promotion of Teen Mania, Compassion International, the ONE Campaign, and other suchlike organizations. Also, they already make a video for it.

yeah i see where you are coming from, but its just not radio friendly. i honestly think that Looking for angels will be a big non-radio single because of teen mania and one.org. but who knows?

I still think Say goodbye for next mainstream, but id almost rather see Yours to hold...

DarkestRose
04-30-2007, 03:24 PM
I know it's not radio friendly, but the chorous kind of is, so I've been in a bit of denial of the non-radio-friendliness of it. It's my favorite song on Comatose, so I am very partial to it. I like the cause-oriented nature of the song and its usefulness toward advoating various organizations. It's very inspiring in a go-change-the-world sense. So it's hard for me to not be biased toward the song even though spoken word probably won't work out for radio.

For a more mainstream single, I do like "Yours to Hold."

Joelle
04-30-2007, 03:41 PM
you guys don't like the song those nights? how come? do you think it's to poppy?

timmyrotter
04-30-2007, 03:50 PM
^^^ its totally not Skillet's genre, its too punk, and i dont like punk. its okay for lyrical content, and i must admit, i dont hate it as much as i used to.

DarkestRose
04-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Those Nights, or rather the 30 second clip of it, was the song that got me excited for Skillet's new album.

I actually do like the song because it does root back to the conflicts John had with his father and the grace and solace he found in his friends during that time. Because of the lyrical content, I've sensed that the song at least is about something that is important to John. So it's speical to me as well.

I, personally, do not mind pop-punk. I used to love Relient K's version of that until I grew accustomed to their more guitar-driven sound. But I still find Hawk Nelson and Stellar Kart songs kinda catchy. So I can handle pop-punk in moderation, then I get bored of it because pop music doesn't offer a basis for very deep lyrics, usually. But Those Nights is the only pop-punk song on the album and, given the back story, I don't find it shallow at all. So I like it.

bob
04-30-2007, 04:49 PM
I think "Say Goodbye" for secular and "Comatose" for the Christian market would be a safe speculation.

alienyouth9292
04-30-2007, 06:30 PM
i like "say goodbye" more than "yours to hold".....

bob
04-30-2007, 06:32 PM
Probably because "Yours to Hold" is so girly.

DarkestRose
04-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Maybe that's why I like it? I think the song is sweet.

timmyrotter
04-30-2007, 08:30 PM
Probably because "Yours to Hold" is so girly.

oh BOB... i love that song, it gives me the chills. maybe growing up in a house with 5 girls rubbed of some femininety on me.

bob
04-30-2007, 08:42 PM
oh BOB... i love that song, it gives me the chills. maybe growing up in a house with 5 girls rubbed of some femininety on me.

Ha ha ha. Perhaps not having no sisters contributed to my masculinity?

DarkestRose
04-30-2007, 08:43 PM
Also, I think "Yours to Hold" is happier. More to do with loving some and longing for a relationship with them, which I think people who listen to mainstream radio will relate to and like.

timmyrotter
04-30-2007, 08:43 PM
you are one Burly man... lol

timmyrotter
04-30-2007, 08:47 PM
Also, I think "Yours to Hold" is happier.

true, but i think Say Goodbye is just a little more mainstream friendly and a little more catchy. not by much, but i think that is why Say Goodbye will be their next single.

side note, i know Skillet's contract with Atlantic/Lava ends after this album. does anyone know if it will be renewed?

bob
04-30-2007, 09:05 PM
side note, i know Skillet's contract with Atlantic/Lava ends after this album. does anyone know if it will be renewed?

Considerin Lava has done very little to promote Skillet, I kind of hope that it doens't continue.

DarkestRose
04-30-2007, 09:08 PM
I thought that Atlantic was making them a priority. I know that they've done very little from what I can tell, but I heard that they were.

So, if Lava/Atlantic does not renew. Would Skillet still be under Ardent? Would Skillet's mainstream career end? What would happen?

bob
04-30-2007, 09:15 PM
Atlantic seems to be crappy to bands that are blatently Christian in one aspect or another. I know with P.O.D. they basically refused to promote their album Payable on Death simply because they did a song for the Passion of the Christ soundtrack and they didn't want to be backing a band that was anti-semitic in their minds.

timmyrotter
04-30-2007, 09:16 PM
I thought that Atlantic was making them a priority. I know that they've done very little from what I can tell, but I heard that they were.

So, if Lava/Atlantic does not renew. Would Skillet still be under Ardent? Would Skillet's mainstream career end? What would happen?
well in all honesty, Skillet may end. i mean they have their family and such...

but that is only a possibility that i hope does not come true. Ardent is expanding so they are under like Ardent/SRE/INO witch isnt so bad, considering ardent really isnt great. i hope they stay on Atlantic, because they are a good financial backing. but if they dont id like to see them under Sony/BMG like RED and Everyday Sunday. that wouldnt be so bad. but it all depends who picks them up, and the more success they have, the better chance they have of getting a better contract.

but i dont think that will be a problem. i see Comatose going Gold at least, unless one of their singles flop.

bob
04-30-2007, 09:18 PM
Comatose does have all the potential in the world to go gold which would be a great step for Skillet.

DarkestRose
04-30-2007, 09:20 PM
Is there a thread saying how many albums have been sold so far? And how far away from Gold that is?

timmyrotter
04-30-2007, 09:23 PM
BOOM (http://www.panheads.org/boards/showthread.php?t=5468&page=6)

i just posted my prediction, which should be fairly accurate. but as i said in the discussion about Panheads losing interest. i have to dig this info up and ask around, and guess. all the while someone on the inside could check their email and post exact numbers which would be just dandy...

DarkestRose
04-30-2007, 09:25 PM
Timmy, you rock! You are God's gift to the Panhead forums.

timmyrotter
04-30-2007, 09:27 PM
Timmy, you rock! You are God's gift to the Panhead forums.

oh dear, im gonna add that to my siggy. careful, you dont want to give me an ego...

DarkestRose
04-30-2007, 09:29 PM
Well, you have helped me with like a billion requesting issues, so I'm at least grateful.

Joelle
05-14-2007, 11:49 AM
if you call a radio station and they don't have the song. what do you do??

timmyrotter
05-14-2007, 12:02 PM
hmmm. what radio station is it? if it is a rock station or top 40, or HAC they all should have it by now.

regarding the next single, here is something i posted in another forum.

i do like Yours to Hold better as well, but i dont know if it would do better on POP or not, it really depends on how Older does on POP, i say if it is successful on POP, Yours to Hold will be the next single, but if it doesnt, then i would think Say Goodbye would be released so it could me played on Active rock/Alternative stations. but we'll have to wait and see. although at Skillet's concert last week the CD label did list on the label "including the HITS Whispers, Older and Yours to Hold" so that could be an indication as to what will be released next.

Joelle
05-14-2007, 03:56 PM
it's in ontario, canada...fm96, 105.3, 103.1 skillet would sound really good on these stations..i went on their websites but skillet isnt anywhere on the list..

timmyrotter
05-14-2007, 03:59 PM
email them and tell them to get it. thats all i can say. but i know why its on at the stations, because it didnt go for adds in Canada. there has yet to be a push of Skillet in Canadian secular stations.

Joelle
05-14-2007, 04:04 PM
i'm feeling a sudden urge of inspiration...i think i'll go email them everyday. should i request the older i get then?
p.s. are you on these boards 24/7?

timmyrotter
05-14-2007, 05:19 PM
^ inspiration is good, that is what i try to do! and close to 24/7, lol. i work at a coffee shop everyday, and i have my laptop with me so im always signed in there. right now, im at school, also somewhere where i spend a lot of time. and then much of my home time i am on the computer doing homework/panheads and stuff. so i am on a lot...