timmyrotter
03-08-2007, 09:54 AM
i was reading some old threads, and someone made a good point about how Skillet isnt who they are on their Comatose photo shots. what is with the suit and those wierd outfits? what do they represent? anyone who has been to a skillet concert knows they dont dress anything like that.

bob
03-08-2007, 10:31 AM
They can wear whatever they want, they're Skillet. There might have been a bit of record label interference with the photoshoot granted that the album cover wasn't the cover that Skillet chose, it was the one that the record label chose. I dunno. I do know that the picture of John on the inside of the Invincible booklet still makes me laugh everytime I see it. :)

alienyouth9292
03-08-2007, 11:21 AM
i was reading some old threads, and someone made a good point about how Skillet isnt who they are on their Comatose photo shots. what is with the suit and those wierd outfits? what do they represent? anyone who has been to a skillet concert knows they dont dress anything like that.

i think that they are supposed to look all clean and fancy, and almost contradict their music......just a though.

PlayAtari2600
03-08-2007, 11:44 AM
I saw them on their acoustic/cd-signing tour and the guys all wore suits like that, and I don't think I really payed attention to the girls. They were dressed a lot like the back of the album, but maybe it was just for promotion again or something.

skelfy
03-08-2007, 11:53 AM
it's all about image in stuff like this...once bands start getting big, image becomes more important. also, new label...new look.

DarkestRose
03-08-2007, 12:12 PM

Before I state anything, is this sarcasm?

DarkestRose
03-08-2007, 12:13 PM
They can wear whatever they want, they're Skillet. There might have been a bit of record label interference with the photoshoot granted that the album cover wasn't the cover that Skillet chose, it was the one that the record label chose. I dunno. I do know that the picture of John on the inside of the Invincible booklet still makes me laugh everytime I see it. :)

I LOVED the Invincible and Alien Youth look John had (especially his hair). It's my favorite one.

bob
03-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Yeah, its just the picture inside of the album booklet looks like John is a deer in the headlights. It makes me laugh my head off every time I see it.

DarkestRose
03-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Yeah, its just the picture inside of the album booklet looks like John is a deer in the headlights. It makes me laugh my head off every time I see it.

That is true. ha ha.

BondageDuck
03-08-2007, 01:43 PM
I LOVED the Invincible and Alien Youth look John had (especially his hair). It's my favorite one.

I second that. I miss the bleached spiky-ness. :) My best friend says that the way his is hair now looks like ice cream. :D Hahahaha...

timmyrotter
03-08-2007, 02:21 PM
no sarcasm... lol.

but i mean, i guess its okay if its for a record label, but the collide photos really seemed to fit them much better. i was more wondering why the look? is it symbolic in any way? etc?

Spiffles
03-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Maybe they just wanted to get dressed up for a photo or two. *shrugs*

DarkestRose
03-08-2007, 02:33 PM
no sarcasm... lol.

but i mean, i guess its okay if its for a record label, but the collide photos really seemed to fit them much better. i was more wondering why the look? is it symbolic in any way? etc?

Okay, we'll that's cool to know.

Anyway, I think the Comatose pictures, excluding the dressy one, pretty much looked the same. It was just the one suit-y picture that was different.
And John did wear a suit during the acoustic tour, so it's not like he never wore it again.

theelectric3
03-08-2007, 04:53 PM
i never liked the promo (http://www.kerkbladvoorhetnoorden.nl/presto/images/kvhn.4502.1.jpg) photo (http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d179/aimless_endeavor06/cc52501c.jpg) for collide... i really do not think it looked like "them."

but you know what? we're basing "what looks like them" off of the few clothes they throw in a suitcase for a tour.

maybe it's a part to them we're just no used to seeing too much(?). who's to say they didn't want to dress up a bit for the photo shoot? i would too.

Drizzt
03-08-2007, 06:12 PM
I like it.

1- They're Skillet. Their music is different, why not their look?
2- I've decided I don't like "Blue October" or "Taking Back Sunday" just now, as they were consecutive bands on my shuffle list.
3- I like it =D
4- They look good dressed up.
5- This look fits with the sound of this album pretty nicely.

BarlowgIRL
03-08-2007, 06:13 PM
Yeah, I see where you're getting at. Like the promos for Alien Youth and what they wore during Alien Youth were all the same so you're expecting the CD to reflect what they're gonna look like. That's what I didn't get about Hawk Nelson. They had a new look too but during the tour they dress like they always did.

I Bite
03-09-2007, 09:49 AM
I second that. I miss the bleached spiky-ness. :) My best friend says that the way his is hair now looks like ice cream. :D Hahahaha...

Me too. I loved the way his hair was. He should get it back.

Laerasyn
03-09-2007, 12:48 PM
meh, I was a bit taken aback by the weird suit-things too, at first... but as everyone has been saying, they are Skillet, and I suppose since their music changes so drastically all the time, they have a right to try a new look whenever they want. Besides, from everything I hear, John Cooper seems like the kind of guy who would change the band to some crazy new look just because it was so weird...

bob
03-09-2007, 01:26 PM
John being weird? Never. :P

BarlowgIRL
03-12-2007, 05:27 PM
So I asked him at the concert last night why they don't dress like that at concerts and he said"I-" and Ben cut him off and said "I do!". "I thought it went with the music.But I sweat WAY too much to dress like that at the shows".

bob
03-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Ah, sweating is healthy. :P

BondageDuck
03-12-2007, 06:24 PM
Haha yes John does sweat alot... :)

bob
03-12-2007, 06:25 PM
And he spits a lot too. I once got hit by some saliva and I was about 15ft away, so he's got good range. :)

skillet_head
03-13-2007, 06:50 PM
I dunno. I guess my take is with all the orchestration on the new cd, maybe they wanted to look the part I guess.

DarkestRose
03-13-2007, 09:34 PM
And he spits a lot too. I once got hit by some saliva and I was about 15ft away, so he's got good range. :)

That's kinda gross.

alienyouth9292
03-14-2007, 05:23 PM
thats Jon for ya:)

bob
03-15-2007, 12:27 PM
That's kinda gross.

Nah. This is gross:

I was once at a Seventh Seal show and that was when they had their old drummer, Mark. He was kind of a big guy, I'd say around 250lbs and during their one show he took his shirt off while playing and chucked it . . . well, it landed on my head and it was all sweaty and quite disgusting. So I turned to the girl next to me and handed it to her. Which caused her to shriek and drop it. I gave the shirt back to him after the show.