somasoul
03-12-2007, 04:30 AM
Have you seen this new product from Apple yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-KWYYIY4jQ

alienyouth9292
03-12-2007, 11:54 AM
just another piece of crap video against bush.....

DarkestRose
03-12-2007, 11:59 AM
Crista Flanagan is cool. Has anybody seen her stuff for Hope is Emo (http://www.hopeisemo.com)?

Kinda funny skit, but I wonder if it set up a straw man?

somasoul
03-12-2007, 02:15 PM
just another piece of crap video against bush.....

I thought it was a great piece of political satire. I'm not a big Mad TV fan, but the other night I was up all sorts of late and watched it for the first time in about year. This sketch had my wife and I absolutly rolling.

Crista Flanagan is cool. Has anybody seen her stuff for Hope is Emo?

Man, that is funny..........and irritating.

Kinda funny skit, but I wonder if it set up a straw man?

Well, of course it's a strawman, it's a late night sketch comedy; but the pun is funny. The whole way it was set up with Steve Jobs and all..........that was good. They never mention "Iraq" but we all get the point. And it's not a poke just at Bush; it pokes fun at the whole administration. So much better than watching a guy dressed as Bush talk like a monkey or something.

DarkestRose
03-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Man, that is funny..........and irritating.

Yeah, some people on YouTube think she's real and they hate her. She does get kinda whiny, but that's the point.

Well, of course it's a strawman, it's a late night sketch comedy; but the pun is funny. The whole way it was set up with Steve Jobs and all..........that was good.

From sketch comedy point, yeah it was funny.

bob
03-12-2007, 05:06 PM
I got a good chuckle out of that video. Especially the end, although it was predictable.

unshakeable15
03-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Does this really warrant a place in Mars Hill? It's not really a thread meant to generate discussion on topics of depth.

If you disagree with the removal to Gen Discuss, PM me (or another mod) and let me (them/us) know why so i (they/we) can take that into consideration.