timmyrotter
03-12-2007, 09:27 PM
hey, if you like gothic rock, with a female vocalist, check out this band, they are from Euope, but just got signed in the US. They are kinda like Evanescence or Lacuna Coil, and i like their sound better than some of Evanescence's new stuff. songs i like are, "what have you done" "solum(sp?) hour" "All i need". great sound, check them out.

http://www.myspace.com/withintemptation

FromTheInside
03-13-2007, 06:30 AM
Been a fan of this group for awhile, Have you listened to any of their older stuff like "Enter" or "Mother Earth"? Good stuff. Silent Force was fabulous also. I haven't really listened to anything of off The Heart Of Everything yet.

...And I think sharon kicks amy lee's butt.. :P

timmyrotter
03-13-2007, 08:08 AM
...And I think sharon kicks amy lee's butt.. :P

haha, i think looks wise she does, amy lee has gone downhill. Sharon has an amzing voice, but i love amy's also. but i hate The Open Door, or at least most of the material on it. ive only Hear Within Temptation's new album, but i will check out their older stuff. is Sharon from the Netherlands? cause she doesnt sound like she has an accent. thren again its hard to pick up accents in music...

FromTheInside
03-13-2007, 08:21 AM
Well her full name is "Sharon den Adel"..and I'm not really sure what that name is, lol. The band is from the netherlands but I'm not sure if she's a native or not.

And yeah, you should try to get a their Silent Force cd for sure.

unshakeable15
03-14-2007, 05:06 PM
Wow! Just this first part of the first song on their myspace has me intrigued! And they are playing at Slims (great venue) in San Fran in June. hmmm. i have time to ponder that one.

timmyrotter
03-14-2007, 08:33 PM
im getting the album titled Ice Queen, i think, is that one good?

FromTheInside
03-15-2007, 07:31 AM
im getting the album titled Ice Queen, i think, is that one good?

In complete honesty, I wasn't even aware they had an album titled Ice Queen. o.0

timmyrotter
03-15-2007, 07:53 AM
well it may not be the title... i checked on google, Ice Queen was a single around 2001. so im guessing its Mother Earth that im getting. is that one good?

FromTheInside
03-15-2007, 09:04 AM
well it may not be the title... i checked on google, Ice Queen was a single around 2001. so im guessing its Mother Earth that im getting. is that one good?

I do indeed believe it is a good album. :}

dawn of light
03-21-2007, 03:03 PM
I just starting listening to them. I like what I hear so far.

The Lamma
03-21-2007, 03:13 PM
I'm a guy who listens to only Christian stuff for the most part...What are these guys?

timmyrotter
03-21-2007, 03:13 PM
i really like their new stuff, and although a lot of their old stuff isnt my cup of tea, its growing on me, that celtic rock, its awesome. Ice Queen and Mother earth are great songs.

timmyrotter
03-21-2007, 03:15 PM
I'm a guy who listens to only Christian stuff for the most part...What are these guys?

i dont discriminate against non-christian bands... anywho, they are a chick lead singer gothic rock band, they sound kinda like evanescence. lyrics off their new CD are quite powerful.

The Lamma
03-21-2007, 03:18 PM
I didn't say I kick out all non-Christian stuff. I listen to Saosin (which is Christian members apparently, but secular music) Switchfoot (dido), and Linkin Park. So they are a clean non-Christian band? I'm not holding anything against them if they are. I'm merely curious.

timmyrotter
03-21-2007, 03:38 PM
I didn't say I kick out all non-Christian stuff. I listen to Saosin (which is Christian members apparently, but secular music) Switchfoot (dido), and Linkin Park. So they are a clean non-Christian band? I'm not holding anything against them if they are. I'm merely curious.

i honestly dont know about within temptation... nor do i care, i enjoy their music, and think you should check them out and see for yourself.

The Lamma
03-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Ok, will do.

skelfy
03-24-2007, 05:49 PM
Within Temptation bothers me. Such good vocals, and I like the unique instruments they add, the structure of the songs are good...but I find the other musicians just kind of lag behind...it's not as if you even have, say, Nightwish's guitarist. It feels like they took some nu-metal band and stuck a decent vocalist in front and added some nice instrumentals or orchestration. Maybe I'm just picky...but I wish the other musicians were really up to par..

Unregistered
03-24-2007, 09:54 PM
Within Temptation bothers me. Such good vocals, and I like the unique instruments they add, the structure of the songs are good...but I find the other musicians just kind of lag behind...it's not as if you even have, say, Nightwish's guitarist. It feels like they took some nu-metal band and stuck a decent vocalist in front and added some nice instrumentals or orchestration. Maybe I'm just picky...but I wish the other musicians were really up to par..

I tend to agree more with this. They're decent, but that's about it. I'll listen to em

Ziyoshin
03-27-2007, 11:41 AM
I listen to nightwish and within temptation. To me they both exel in different areas but i listen to nightwish a little more.Nightwish has a more of a epic feel.

CatPerson
03-31-2007, 05:54 PM
I really like them Sharon hasa beautiful, delicate voice. I'm excited for their new CD. I think they have awesome songs. I actually really like their cover of "Running Up That Hill" more than the Kate Bush version. But yeah, Nightwish is better.

kittygirl
04-01-2007, 12:02 PM
hey, if you like gothic rock, with a female vocalist, check out this band, they are from Euope, but just got signed in the US. They are kinda like Evanescence or Lacuna Coil, and i like their sound better than some of Evanescence's new stuff. songs i like are, "what have you done" "solum(sp?) hour" "All i need". great sound, check them out.

http://www.myspace.com/withintemptation

The lead singer looks and sounds very feminine (always a plus). One of the things that slightly bothers me is when a woman gets into a certain genre of hcx and loses her femininity in a way. Trying to growl, and dressing in men's clothes. Not to say that they're purposely doing that, but it seems like it's a trend...