I Bite
03-15-2007, 07:50 PM
um...lately I've been feeling like there is no point... I'm not gonna kill myself, or even start cutting, but i feel so unmotivated, in school and stuff. and it's seriously hard for me to admit this to...well..anyone, but I really need help. My mom and I are having some issues with each other and her whole attitude about the situation is really depressing me....And I've been trying really hard to start having my devotions and praying regularly again, but it seems like everytime I think about it i'm busy doing something else, or it's really late at night and I'm tired...Honestly, i'm probably feeling depressed because I'm not doing devotions...But it just seems like I can't do it. Everything seems hopeless
Anyways..If you guys could pray for me, i'd really appreciate it.

Stephani

m_money618
03-15-2007, 09:32 PM
I'll be praying for you.
:)

skynes
03-16-2007, 02:59 AM
And I've been trying really hard to start having my devotions and praying regularly again, but it seems like everytime I think about it i'm busy doing something else, or it's really late at night and I'm tired...Honestly, i'm probably feeling depressed because I'm not doing devotions...But it just seems like I can't do it. Everything seems hopeless

You're right. All this 'business' is just an obstacle to keep you from reading and praying. It's hard, but you really need to shove it aside and get in there. Try first thing in the morning? Sitting on the toilet? In a bus or car? Maybe write yourself a post-it and stick it next to your bed so when you wake up you'll see the wee paper saying PRAY!

I will pray you get past this and get back into reading and praying.

I Bite
03-16-2007, 10:08 AM
Thanks guys.

Last night my dad came down to see us and told us that he would be going to Iraq on April 6th...4 days before his birthday...ANd that he would be staying there for at least a year. I thought I cried all my tears last night...But i was wrong. Waterworks again this morning. And my brother...He asked dad to bring him back a gun. I wanted to yell at him, "don't you know that dad could get killed? and you want him to get you a gun?!?" Its so scary to think about...The one good thing that came of it was that last night I did my devotions and prayed, for quite a while. God is my Refuge in times of need. Thats what i keep repeating in my head...Please pray for my dad, that he'll be safe.

Stephani

Tromos
03-16-2007, 10:45 AM
Wow. That's really hard. :-\

Extra prayers for you and your family Stephani.

alorian
03-16-2007, 11:15 AM
I'm praying for you

as~i~lay~dying
03-18-2007, 08:21 AM
It could be ... Ak, baby!!! This time of year everyone's depressed ... including some of my friends! Summer will be here soon!

I Bite
03-18-2007, 03:10 PM
rofl! that may hold some truth, actually..

The Lamma
03-19-2007, 04:16 PM
I'm feeling exactly what you were saying in the first post, fr the most part. I'd like to say that I'll be praying for you, but like I said, I'm feeling kinda the same way as you. Unmotivated. Leaving God out. I usually pray, but only about like 2 things. At least know this: You aren't the only one. Not even close. Maybe I should give myself a sticky note to pray for other things and people like you...

forceflow17
03-20-2007, 09:12 AM
still praying for you and your family

theelectric3
03-22-2007, 08:07 PM
if satan cannot destroy us he will simply keep us busy. when we decide to get more serious in our relationship with Christ, we can almost guarentee an attack. be it relationships getting bumpy, schedules getting super busy, etc.

The Lamma
03-23-2007, 08:44 AM
Supper busy? Lol. That one had me confused for a sec. And yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if this was an attack...Turning to the Lord is the only way...But I often ignore that.

Pretendeavor
04-03-2007, 08:48 AM
AH I defently know how you fell. I strugel with depression. It realy stinks. I'll be praying for you!

DarkestRose
04-08-2007, 02:01 PM
Hey, Stephani, how've you been doing? I'm praying for you and for your dad.

I Bite
04-09-2007, 12:08 PM
I've been doing a whole lot better with my devotions and stuff..Still not perfect; i've been missing the last few nights, but I'm working on it.

An update on my dad: His leaving was postponed, but I'm certain the reason us kids are going up to see him Wednesday is because he's gonna tell us he has new orders to leave.

Thanks for praying.

The Lamma
04-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Still praying, and don't let your dad leaving ruin you! Though that is tough.

bubblesemm
04-10-2007, 07:26 PM
i feel so bad for you,and i understand where you are coming from with the whole devotions thing.i am having the same problem.i will definately be praying for you.

JenniferAnn
05-02-2007, 01:41 PM
Praying for you, hunn.<3

DarkestRose
05-02-2007, 09:54 PM
I'm still praying for you, Stephani. How are things now? Is your dad still postponed?

I Bite
05-03-2007, 03:43 PM
thanks. As for the depressed part, I don't really feel that anymore. I'm not doing too well with devotions, but I hope to be changing that..Tonight.
My dad is still postponed, and its nerve-wracking. Everytime he calls I think its because he has to go over.

DarkestRose
05-03-2007, 05:41 PM
Well, I'll keep praying for you and your dad.

The Lamma
05-03-2007, 05:46 PM
Thats great that you're doing better. :) Lets just hope I do that, too...

DarkestRose
05-08-2007, 01:28 AM
I know what you mean about struggling with devotions. I too have trouble to find time for God. I want to be someone who is in the Word and always praying to God, investing in my relationship with Jesus. I do everyday but I still desire to do more, go deeper because I don't invest that much time into it. It's something that we will be struggling with together. I'll continue praying for you. As well as for your dad because I am sure that is must be really hard for you.