The Lamma
03-19-2007, 02:29 PM
I'm a violinist/fiddler, and I really want to play some of Skillet's violin pieces, along with stuff from bands like Red! The problem is, I don't know where to find the violin music or synth. Anyone have any idea where to find any of it?

terrasin
03-19-2007, 10:41 PM
Not exactly sure what you mean by not being able to find the synth, but I doubt you'll be able to find sheet music for the strings. Your best bet would be to work on one yourself. :)

The Lamma
03-20-2007, 04:30 PM
By not being able to find the synth, I mean I can't find the music anywhere. If I could find the synth, it would be quite easy to translate.

terrasin
03-21-2007, 04:46 PM
Well, Kor uses hardware synths. Whether it's her Triton, MS2000, Lead2x, etc... it wouldn't be easy to duplicate the sound because, like synths work, it's modified to get the sound.

AYBase
03-22-2007, 12:08 PM
Korey Uses a Korg Triton Studio whenever i've seen them live... any modern mainstreem rompler will have some orchestral patches close to the 'skillet sound'... if you want synthesized strings, agian, any VA or even rompler will be able to do something close. My yamaha Motif ES has quite a expansive synth engine... i've been able to recreate most any sound for any song that skillet has done. I'm a Gearhead, and i have a good idea of what most of the band uses live... i must have a GMP roxie and a mesa Triple Rec! ;-)

The Lamma
03-22-2007, 05:51 PM
I just want the notes she plays. Like music notes on a paper or something. I'm not trying to duplicate the sound - I'm want to actually play it on a real violin. I think it'd be sweet.

terrasin
03-22-2007, 11:58 PM
Best thing to really do then would be to sit down with your violin and find each sound and mark it. You'd probably be the first to tab out the strings part. It would take time and be annoying, but I don't think you will get that any other way.

The Lamma
03-23-2007, 08:41 AM
Ok, I guess thats how I gotta do it... My teacher has been teaching me to learn by ear. So no one anywhere has tabbed out the synth? It would be a lot easier that way...But I guess someone has to do the work. If only I could seperate the strings from the rest of the music...lol

Mikhail
03-23-2007, 09:39 AM
what songs do you need? maybe i can help you...
this is collide intro but not 100% correct... i've made it by using guitar pro and my ears:)

The Lamma
03-23-2007, 09:41 AM
Which part is it? I want to play anything and everything that is violin in Skillet's stuff. So a lot of songs.:P

Mikhail
03-23-2007, 09:45 AM
download midi file and listen;)

The Lamma
03-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Okey doke.

The Lamma
03-23-2007, 09:48 AM
You missed one of the secondary background pieces...Lol. So do you have the music for that?

Mikhail
03-23-2007, 09:55 AM
You missed one of the secondary background pieces...Lol.

i know, it is hard for making in guitar pro)

So do you have the music for that?
mmm... what do you mean?:P

The Lamma
03-23-2007, 02:14 PM
Like, obviously you pressed either buttons or keys to make it play, correct? Lol.

Or you somehow used midi with a guitar...

Mikhail
03-23-2007, 03:50 PM
mouse only8);D;D

i can show you;D:
http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/4742/0056nw1.jpg

i can save all instruments in .pdf (Adobe Acrobat) files, like this (this is guitar):

The Lamma
03-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Yeah, I saw notes in that pic. Got the notes for the violin parts? Or is that .zip file PDF the violin part? No wait...You said that was guitar...

Mikhail
03-23-2007, 04:46 PM
.zip - gutar part (this is example)

at the pic - main violin)

i can save all violin parts at the .pdf:) but, i'm not shure about second violin...

all 4 violins:

ps: by the way, I'm not the musician!:P but i have acoustic guitar and I can play on it, a little :)

The Lamma
03-23-2007, 04:49 PM
So which parts are these exactly? You're not the musician? As in, you didn't play and write the original Collide? If you got anything else, I'd love it!

Rathe
04-15-2007, 11:35 AM
yo, hey, I think i have the solution for you problem:

There is a program out there that I'm sure a lot of guitar players know called 'power tab editor.' If you don't have it, it's a free download, just google it.

So, go download that, then it has some cool stuff it can do. It can have several different types of instruments entered into it, piano, guitar (duh) and several different types of string instruments. What it does is it allows you to download special files of different songs, it can electronically play the TAB (music) back to you so that you can hear it before you play it. And, it also gives you the music in both guitar tab, and reg notes. Well, I found the power tab editor files for Rebirthing, whispers in the dark...and one other one. And the rebirthing has the violin music written into it. So, if you download guitar pro, then find the Rebirthing PTE file, then it had the music you seek.

The Lamma
04-16-2007, 12:31 PM
Sweet. So where do you get these PTE files?

Rathe
04-16-2007, 03:31 PM
You need to goolge Powet Tab Editor and download the program.

Then, you can really just surf the web for them. I would recomend Ultimate-guitar.com for the Rebirthing PTE file.

The Lamma
04-16-2007, 05:16 PM
Big and important question: Is there a Mac version?

Rathe
04-17-2007, 04:21 PM
uh...I think it's for both versions.

The Lamma
04-17-2007, 04:33 PM
Ok, sweetness. thanks :)