pizza brain
03-24-2007, 11:30 PM
Hey all I just got back from the Go tour with Stellar Kart, Kutless and the headliner The Newsboys. It was freaking awesome! Has anyone else been to it?

alienyouth9292
03-25-2007, 08:17 AM
No, but i saw the Newsboys put on an awesome show a couple years ago...

terrasin
03-25-2007, 09:53 AM
We worked for it a couple weeks ago. It was rainy and miserable with no loading dock so we had to ramp everything up flights of steps. It was bad from the beginning when we had to pull that 1500 pound drum riser out. That sucked.

Watched the show, not a Newsboys fan at all. But that drum solo rocked.

It was also nice to spend some time with Paul. I've not seen him in 7 years since I was living in Australia. :)

CJ

the rocker
03-25-2007, 10:49 AM
I was gonna go, but couldn't. Would've been awesome, I'm sure

DarkestRose
03-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Hey all I just got back from the Go tour with Stellar Kart, Kutless and the headliner The Newsboys. It was freaking awesome! Has anyone else been to it?

I think we might have just been to the same show. I was at the one just last night in Salem. I was front row center and I caught one of the Newsboy's guitar picks. Awesome show! I loved the drum solo the Newboys did during the encore. I got a Kutless shirt and a Stellar Kart button (so Stellar Kart can buy that Ramen they mentioned).

V-Ball Queen 32
03-25-2007, 06:39 PM
I wish I would've been there :'(
Oh well . . .I guess

skilletfreak101
03-25-2007, 08:30 PM
i went to the Go tour in minneapolis last sunday. the show was amazing! newsboys had an amazing light show and the drumming thing was really cool. kutless kinda disapointed me though because they slowed down their set and played more worship songs then what they are known for, HEAVY ROCK SONGS!! it was overall a really good show though.

timmyrotter
03-25-2007, 08:44 PM
i bet it would be great if newsboys and Kutless hadnt sold out, to suckiness. they were both good bands at one point. and stellar kart has always been soooooo generic.

pizza brain
03-25-2007, 09:25 PM
I think we might have just been to the same show. I was at the one just last night in Salem. I was front row center and I caught one of the Newsboy's guitar picks. Awesome show! I loved the drum solo the Newboys did during the encore. I got a Kutless shirt and a Stellar Kart button (so Stellar Kart can buy that Ramen they mentioned).

Yep same concert I was at. I was way back in the nose bleeds barely able to see anything

DarkestRose
03-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Yep same concert I was at. I was way back in the nose bleeds barely able to see anything

Well, how hard were people rockin' back there? No joke, people in the front were sitting down during most of the concert.

pizza brain
03-25-2007, 09:35 PM
I was with my youth group so they were standing and jumping...I almost gave myself a cuncusion head banging during Shut me out

DarkestRose
03-25-2007, 09:40 PM
Yeah, that was a fun song. I was was jump in a very uncoordinated way and it was hard to headbang along with that, but yeah that was fun though kinda weird since not that many people around me were doing much that I noticed.

pizza brain
03-25-2007, 09:46 PM
yeah I can relate I can't stay in one spot at all when I jump. that happens at concerts for bands that were pop/contemporary for so long

skilletfreak101
03-26-2007, 05:04 PM
i bet it would be great if newsboys and Kutless hadnt sold out, to suckiness. they were both good bands at one point. and stellar kart has always been soooooo generic.
newsboys selling out? are you kidding me? have you heard the Go cd? it's alot like their old stuff and they are better than they ever have been

timmyrotter
03-26-2007, 06:43 PM
no i havent heard the Go cd, but i only stand part way corrected. there last 4 or so albums have been CRAP

DarkestRose
03-26-2007, 09:56 PM
I haven't heard all of their albums. I've heard their hits CD, which has all the old school Newsboys songs I grew up listening to when I was in elementary school. But I also have their "Go" album and it is really good, very strong missionary/evangelical theme. Also, I love to hear Peter Furler preach when the band is in concert. I always feel God speak to me through what he says. So even though I'm not a die-hard fan, I really like them.

skilletfreak101
03-27-2007, 07:47 AM
no i havent heard the Go cd, but i only stand part way corrected. there last 4 or so albums have been CRAP
i partly agree with you with their last 2 albums before go...the worship ones. those ones suck in my opinion, but thankfully they came back strong with Go.

alienyouth9292
03-27-2007, 05:36 PM
i really can't stand it when a rock band comes out with a worship cd. they always err,....well, suck.

DarkestRose
03-28-2007, 12:53 PM
Skillet had a pretty good CD with Ardent Worship.

skilletfreak101
03-28-2007, 02:33 PM
i really can't stand it when a rock band comes out with a worship cd. they always err,....well, suck.
true...and usually it's their worship cd that gets them really huge...take kutless for example :-(

pizza brain
03-28-2007, 08:05 PM
Skillet had a pretty good CD with Ardent Worship.

Yes but when it was relesed they were more of an industrial band than a rock band.

alienyouth9292
03-29-2007, 04:00 AM
i got kutless' second cd, and i havent listened to them since....

DarkestRose
03-29-2007, 01:50 PM
I have Kutless' first CD and Hearts of the Innocent. They put CDs out to quickly for me, who only casually liked them back when I got their first CD. And being the type of person who likes to own whole collection, I had to give up on them. Kutless was never that hard of rock on their CDs, so they weren't favorite enough for me to bother with that. They're better on their live show. But I like their songs from what I have, especially "Why Do You Run" from their debut album.

alienyouth9292
04-01-2007, 10:10 AM
yea...."run" is a good song....